Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
yes
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
About the Die Hard:

Is Shamanic Trance more valuable than, say, Spirit Guide? Doesn't Base strength mean hard points only (and it's a Dex build)?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
you need shamanic trance for the increased weapon damage boost based on the hard points spent in the spirit tree . it got nothing to do with the strength or dexterity . you are not a summoner . the only reason you put points in the summons is to get more damage boost when you buff with shamanic trance

also , i am not 100% sure i understand your question . spirit guide is maxed too ...
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
ChuckNoRis wrote:you need shamanic trance for the increased weapon damage boost based on the hard points spent in the spirit tree . it got nothing to do with the strength or dexterity . you are not a summoner . the only reason you put points in the summons is to get more damage boost when you buff with shamanic trance

I see, thanks.

ChuckNoRis wrote:also , i am not 100% sure i understand your question . spirit guide is maxed too ...

Oof, I mixed up skill trees, sorry. But I do mean a different skill to take other than shamanic trance. I'll give shamanic trance a try.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
SinClaire wrote:But I do mean a different skill to take other than shamanic trance. I'll give shamanic trance a try.
you only got a few main skills that you are maxing and therefore you have some spare points left . dumping them into shamanic trance and spirits are providing you a good damage boost (450% for 30 points dumped there ) that i don't see why you would not want to have . nobody complained about having too much damage untill now . it's a very welcomed buff imo as you got the spare points to dump there already . if you don't want that (by some unknown reason that i cannot understand ) , you can dump them into ancient blood and increase the max level of the other main skills (and your max life along with it) , or wherever else you think you want (Daedalus or Fortress or whatever you want to try) , but that would mean playing another build
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
Just out of curiosity, for build #46, why would you not mention the use of 2x spellgrips before the RW at lvl 37? like it kinda seems like youre floating in limbo till then haha
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
would you like to waste 10 arcane crystals just for that / do a few Griswold reruns in search for them if you are going to replace them in a few minutes anyway with the stuff you really need ? if yes , be my guest .

there is nothing mentioned before the Fiends because it makes no importance what you equip before that . be it rares or runewords or whatever else . you can get 2x Lum since mid/end act 2 . Also , with the benefits of increased XP from the /players 8 setting you can get to around character level 38 - 40 by that time , so i don't see where's the problem . if that is not reachable in MP it doesn't concern me , this is a SP compilation , therefore idc .

some random T1 tu-s won't make an important difference at that stage of the game since you're a caster . you could find better rares and save yourself the headake , i bet you can find some that can provide +1 to all skills too . you might consider 2x Shedim more usefull as they provide MaeK

cheers !
thedarkbobo
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
SinClaire wrote:But I do mean a different skill to take other than shamanic trance. I'll give shamanic trance a try.
you only got a few main skills that you are maxing and therefore you have some spare points left . dumping them into shamanic trance and spirits are providing you a good damage boost (450% for 30 points dumped there ) that i don't see why you would not want to have . nobody complained about having too much damage untill now . it's a very welcomed buff imo as you got the spare points to dump there already . if you don't want that (by some unknown reason that i cannot understand ) , you can dump them into ancient blood and increase the max level of the other main skills (and your max life along with it) , or wherever else you think you want (Daedalus or Fortress or whatever you want to try) , but that would mean playing another build

Ha I am on similar experiments here, trying out Crane stance build (mid game gear) - since no Xis rune at the moment the issue is if I use this as main hand then it will be tad worse than Nimmen, so okay maybe off hand? Well damage is slightly higher with +16 Crane stance than with TU Gilded shield(which gives us STR based bonus). And we loose 10% DR and we loose block but we get some avoid, but we cannot use other stance. So I am not so sure it is a best choice at the moment. So not sure if main point of Crane is added damage or the avoid.
Kraken stance was quite nice in terms of displayed added damage, though still trying to roll a good craft.

So for now as usual with the issue of not having end game gear and experimenting - nimmen+TU shield 6 points deathgaze. Bear stance for 40% dr as a main stance. Rebel armor for 300%ew and stats. Trying to roll Colosseum to check it out since won't be using fort anymore(lack of points really).

Shamanic Trance seems not worth point investment(2% base dmg per point) compared to Deadalus - or am I missing something?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
thedarkbobo wrote:Shamanic Trance seems not worth point investment(2% base dmg per point) compared to Deadalus - or am I missing something?
excuse me , but is this a joke or you did not even bother to check what shamanic trance does / how much damage it adds ? with 14 hard pioints into shamanic trance it adds 15% EWD per hard point invested into the spirit tree . 30 points into the tree = 450% EWD

anyhow , i don't know what build you are playing , but it's certainly not the Die Hard build
thedarkbobo
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
thedarkbobo wrote:Shamanic Trance seems not worth point investment(2% base dmg per point) compared to Deadalus - or am I missing something?
excuse me , but is this a joke or you did not even bother to check what shamanic trance does / how much damage it adds ? with 14 hard pioints into shamanic trance it adds 15% EWD per hard point invested into the spirit tree . 30 points into the tree = 450% EWD

anyhow , i don't know what build you are playing , but it's certainly not the Die Hard build

Damn and I have new glasses. This "aha" moment....aaaah.. thanks :)