The 1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
tlpc1
Sasquatch
60 | 0
In a guide I found these instructions:
*MO the weapon with %ED , 40% life leech and some LoA

Being that the weapon is a socketed (grey) item with a runeword, and a "Life stolen per Hit" MO steals only 4%, that means 20% life leech max. How do I attain 40% life leech?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
1999 | 41
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
no. 50 Momiji - naginata assassin - updated to 1.3 - reworked around timerless Hades Gate

some gameplay vids of her can still be found here https://www.twitch.tv/chucknorised/videos/all for a few days
Serge91
Vampiress
37 | 0
Yo guys, sorry, im quite noob, so probably im going to ask stupid things. I dont play median since the last year so i've lost a lot of updates.

I decided to start again a class that i've never tried, the Druid. Im following the Hulk guide.
Im just at the start of the game: i followed the general tips. Right now i almost finished act2, and i stopped playing with /p8 coz i was already at lv30 at the start of act 2. I feared i could overlevel and lose the first challenge going on through the storyline with /p8 active.

The build seems very tanky since the start of the game. I still need to do the runewords (in particoular, i was thinking to make the boots and the chest runeword with the ITH rune), or to get the arcane crystals from recycling trash uniques, in order to get the uniques i need (the maul and the axe).
Im going slow because... well, the treewarden form is fuckin slow to move xD
Also, wilfire skill is quite clucky to use, especially in tiny places that also have stairs or some blocks (f.e. Arcane Sanctuary)

Anyway, i wanted to ask these things:
1) runewords: in order to do a runeword, i need a grey item with at least two sockets, and fill the socket with jewels (not gems) before putting the rune, right? It's not very clear on the documentation, it's a bit generic on what things you can put to fill sockets...
2) what are the skills that needs to be upgraded with hard points while leveling? I suppose wilfire is one i need to smax (or at least level a bit even while leveling), but what about acid fiends or the passive ones?
What about the other skill trees? Should i put points on those skills, or not?

Any other tip is welcome
Thanks in advance for the help!
madgod
Monkey King
267 | 11
Serge91 wrote:Anyway, i wanted to ask these things:
1) runewords: in order to do a runeword, i need a grey item with at least two sockets, and fill the socket with jewels (not gems) before putting the rune, right? It's not very clear on the documentation, it's a bit generic on what things you can put to fill sockets...
Any other tip is welcome
Thanks in advance for the help!

It can be a 1socket item with just the rune as well, but otherwise yes you need to use jewels to fill the sockets before adding the rune(s). This is directly on the runewords document page

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/runewords

As for the rest, i cant help you there lol.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
1999 | 41
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
you can keep the /players 8 with no problem all over hatred . only put less starting with act 2 terror to avoid missing level challenge 2 . you can actualy reach to lvl 120 before Destruction , so unless you are aiming for level challanges , your goal is to level up as soon as possible to the max in order to be able to equip better gear and have stronger spells / faster access to the uberskill

1. the grey item only needs 1 socket to make the runeword . you can just socket the rune there and it is done , no need to have any jewels . only put jewels if the item has more than 1 socket

2. you got the skillplans embeded in the miniguide , they all got 3 pages you can see by clicking on the right side of them

good luck !
Serge91
Vampiress
37 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:you can keep the /players 8 with no problem all over hatred . only put less starting with act 2 terror to avoid missing level challenge 2 . you can actualy reach to lvl 120 before Destruction , so unless you are aiming for level challanges , your goal is to level up as soon as possible to the max in order to be able to equip better gear and have stronger spells / faster access to the uberskill

1. the grey item only needs 1 socket to make the runeword . you can just socket the rune there and it is done , no need to have any jewels . only put jewels if the item has more than 1 socket

2. you got the skillplans embeded in the miniguide , they all got 3 pages you can see by clicking on the right side of them

good luck !

Oh my god, i thought they were just images.

Ok ill put p8 again then.

Thanks a lot mate!
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
1999 | 41
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
no. 41 StrongBow - (x)bow druid - updated to 1.3
jasiunas
Imp
5 | 0
Hey Chuck, why should i use Punishers with Jumping Jack, when every mob around me gets poisoned by Pestilence anyway?
Futhermore, why use level 9 Punishers on Xorine's, which poison dmg should be rather low compared to Pestilence?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
1999 | 41
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
jasiunas wrote:Hey Chuck, why should i use Punishers with Jumping Jack, when every mob around me gets poisoned by Pestilence anyway?
Futhermore, why use level 9 Punishers on Xorine's, which poison dmg should be rather low compared to Pestilence?
first because the kills done by Pestilence / AoD /SoR proc will trigger the procs "after kill" , so a 30% chance is very welcomed in crowded spots since your main attack is not such a good AoE killer as it's main purpose is for a single target killer - so the more procs , the better, the higher the chance to proc , the better . In crowded spots you just need to kill a few then start a proc chain reaction : SoR triggers Punishers after kill that may trigger SoR after kill , also the punishers can triger more punishers after kill , same as SoR may trigger more SoR and so on .
second , because while jumping you don't stay too long in one spot and the procs "after kill" will help you spread more damage as Pestilence will not always apply it's damage since you're jumping . even if the punishers are moving quite slow , they deliver serious damage on impact . Don't be mislead by the low level of the proc as it is comparable with maxed Pestilence even with no hard points into energy
Vyvanne
Invader
8 | 0
As always, thanks for the guides and the huge number of builds to try fun things with!

Quick question - giving Lanaya / Twin Fangs sin a try, and I was wondering, when you say low ilvl abandoned craft, how low are you talking? Is it when they first start appearing in terror that you look for the first sacred boots/gloves/etc?

Also wondering how effective the build might be if I don't have a lot of abandoned shrines, how far the honorifics will carry me while I try to farm for them? I made a barb to 120 and farmed the first 10 or so uber charms but haven't really done any dedicated farming on it, iron spiral seems pretty boring to me so far and assassin is more active and fun. Should I try to farm up some more shrines first before trying this char, or would I be able to do the farming myself ?

I'm on multiplayer if that makes a difference, just playing solo.