Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Sorry, I was drunk yesterday and it seems I misread your posts and snapped.

The random staff with many + skills is indeed very helpful in order to progress further. That will both increase the life of your minions and the damage output/gain of your totems.

This step is already meant as a "leap". You don't have to shrine craft a staff that way after all. The minions life isn't very important for fauzt. You can just recast them. And since you have to summon skeletal flayers all around you anyway in order to dodge Necrobots piercing attacks, lacking minion life isn't that much of a problem. So getting a rare or magic staff with many + skills is indeed one of the steps that helps you progress a lot until you finally can farm a Ghal rune.

As for baal: He's really tricky. I couldn't kill him at this point, not even with a complete respec. But that's not a problem either. The only charm you'll be missing out on is the Bull Prince Rodeo charm. And that one only gives some stats. Luckily we can kill Baal in terror at least, even if it may takes a couple of minutes. However, killing Baal in dest isn't worth the effort tbh.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Sorry, I was drunk yesterday and it seems I misread your posts and snapped.

The random staff with many + skills is indeed very helpful in order to progress further. That will both increase the life of your minions and the damage output/gain of your totems.

This step is already meant as a "leap". You don't have to shrine craft a staff that way after all. The minions life isn't very important for fauzt. You can just recast them. And since you have to summon skeletal flayers all around you anyway in order to dodge Necrobots piercing attacks, lacking minion life isn't that much of a problem. So getting a rare or magic staff with many + skills is indeed one of the steps that helps you progress a lot until you finally can farm a Ghal rune.

As for baal: He's really tricky. I couldn't kill him at this point, not even with a complete respec. But that's not a problem either. The only charm you'll be missing out on is the Bull Prince Rodeo charm. And that one only gives some stats. Luckily we can kill Baal in terror at least, even if it may takes a couple of minutes. However, killing Baal in dest isn't worth the effort tbh.

okay thanks for expalining as im just nowe hitting mid 90s lvl for first time and using this guide a lot of this is new to me i will say i did it with q of glass all the way tu1-tu6 found it a much better option instead of faunt visage...just went right from tu6 q of g to lend me light.. hoping to in 5 lvls or so start farming goetia

anywaysthank you for expalinging about staff now i can see how unless im amazingly lucky and rng gives me a ghal rune and i can survive at 100th lvl long enough to get one.. im realisticlly gonna need to use the +skills rare staff....

dumb question so im at end of terror and lvl 100 i can gamble for rare staffs and rare circlets with any of the gamble npc right? or do i have to do it in terror act 5??

also if i get a marrow staff rare from drop or gambling that has +12 or 13 skill lvls but not good other things can i use the
reduce rare to ilvl 1 cube recipe? say it had some stats i liked and the high skill lvl bonus but i wanted a ton of space to add lotsa cold dmg orbs and minion life orbs and such... can i use the cube reipe 1 rare amulet+1 rare ring + the staff mentioned. and get the staff downleveled to ilvl 1 so ive got lotsa room to orb it without losing the +12 skill lvls? or maybe some of the other stats it had that i liked?? or doesnt the the rare downlevel work like that /isnt nessacary?
any recommendaytions iother than +skills and minion life what im looking for on the staff? cold dmg? or min dmg?

and lastly cool re bael if thats all is the rodeo charm then not realy important for our build
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Yes, any merchant that has the option to gamble can be used. The items the gamblers are offering you depend on your character level. The higher your level, the better the outcome will be.

As for the Rare Downlevel recipe: this rerolls an item to a ilvl 1 item. That means all the modifiers it previously had will poof. This recipe has a different use than one might notice at first: It is meant to create a low-level base item for shrine crafting. That way, the items won't roll any good modifiers, but the modifiers from the shrine will stay the same. So even if you have an item with ilvl 1, the stats of the shrine will always appear with the possibility to roll the maximum value. You can use it for example for the gloves in this build, since no good affixes aside from -enemy cold resist will spawn on it if it has ilvl 99. That way you can have 80% minion life gloves with an item level of 1, which gives you tons of space for mystic orbs. I never used that recipe tbh :D

Concerning the staff: I used a magic T1 Marrow staff until I farmed the Ghal rune. It had no other affixes other than +13 to necromancer skill levels. So what stats you roll on it aren't very important other than the +skill levels. However, before you try to punch sockets into it, you're best off to upgrade it to T6. Otherwise, you'll be left with only 1 to 5 sockets.
Other affixes that can greatly benefit you are -enemy cold resist, cold spell damage, minion life, +maximum minions (it can spawn with up to +4 maximum necromancer minions I think), Overlord (it's a summon that grants you +maximum necromancer minions. However, I've never used it before and can't tell how many minions you gain that way), Totembound Guardians (very strong and plentyful minions. You can summon more if you stay close to your totems), +1 extra totem, and Hounfor. If I remember correctly you can get only 1 of these last 5 affixes I enumerated.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
okay so 2 things 1 im assuming that once i make an honourific(i cant uptier it in otherwords if i use a tier 3 piece i cant uptier it after ive used mark of uinfusion and orbed etc..to gain extra sockets?? so if i wanted a tier 6 item id have to get another mark of infusion and make one..??

also cool idea about getting rare sacred gloves(can you get rare sacred>??? or would that be tu sacred?? or is it the same?) and then using rare downlevel to burn off the ilvl to 1(assuming it doesnt have amazing stats )and then shrine craft and then orb with ltsa space aval...to orb

and thanks for rare +13 szkills marrow staff farm advice otherwise id have awasted a lot of money and time gambling for a staff with multiople good affixs instead of just getting one with +13 skills and uptiering it to tu 6 for max sockets to put ist runes or perfect bloodstones in
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Actually I've never uptiered a honrific item, so I don't know whether that's possible or not.

Of course you can get rare sacred gloves and downlevel them and then use the mark of infusion and then bless the honrific with a shrine (don't forget the arcane crystal). TU = tiered unique. So there are no Sacred TU items. SU= Sacred unique.

don't socket IST runes, socket IST-crafted jewels. You can find out all about crafting jewels in the docs under cupe recipes.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Actually I've never uptiered a honrific item, so I don't know whether that's possible or not.

Of course you can get rare sacred gloves and downlevel them and then use the mark of infusion and then bless the honrific with a shrine (don't forget the arcane crystal). TU = tiered unique. So there are no Sacred TU items. SU= Sacred unique.

don't socket IST runes, socket IST-crafted jewels. You can find out all about crafting jewels in the docs under cupe recipes.

right my typo i meant ist jewels LOl not runes

and duh of course i cant uptier a SU item unless i have enchant crystals and make it ssu...

okay lastly i see your reqs for type of armour peices to use with crafting shrines..

but what about for honourifics? should i use the same types of armour?? or doesnt the type of boot/gloves helm/belt etc matter so much for honorific peices?
btw im loving this taking my kids char thru it at high early game is fun cause i understand so much more of what your guide is...its amazing so far into early terror very little actually hurts me unless i space out and stand in exactly the wrong place for a long time
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
For honorifics, I simply bought the magic base items from a trader in act 1. It doesn't really matter which type of armor you get. The only important thing is to make sure that the item level is 1. That way your armor will have req level of 0, which means when it's fully orbed, the item requirement will be 120, not 121. Items from merchants in act 1 hatred are always ilvl 1 with req lvl of 0. I don't know about the other merchants though. I've never tried it tbh :D

Beware of the heretics at Mephisto's place and in act 4 terror. Those will definitely hurt you!
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:For honorifics, I simply bought the magic base items from a trader in act 1. It doesn't really matter which type of armor you get. The only important thing is to make sure that the item level is 1. That way your armor will have req level of 0, which means when it's fully orbed, the item requirement will be 120, not 121. Items from merchants in act 1 hatred are always ilvl 1 with req lvl of 0. I don't know about the other merchants though. I've never tried it tbh :D

Beware of the heretics at Mephisto's place and in act 4 terror. Those will definitely hurt you!

opkay can i go back to hatered once im in terror? to get to act 1 hatered??? and if i uptier those ilvl 1 req0 items theyll no longer hasve space for a full 120 orb lvls right??? some of those will be used by the uptiering so its a trade off of sockets versus space for orbs and stronger base stats
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
TBh I never tried it. I guess there‘s still room to optimize my build if what you said can be done.

There‘s still another thing though. If you socket the honorific the base required level of the item will turn to the requirement of the rune/jewel/gem that you put into the socket. So if you put a rune with required level 10 in the socket, and your honorific already has +120 required levels through orbs, the requirement will rise to lvl 130, making you unable to use the item at all unless you unsocket it.

With this build I never put sonething into the sockets of my honorifics in order to gain some magic find and cold spell damage.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:TBh I never tried it. I guess there‘s still room to optimize my build if what you said can be done.

There‘s still another thing though. If you socket the honorific the base required level of the item will turn to the requirement of the rune/jewel/gem that you put into the socket. So if you put a rune with required level 10 in the socket, and your honorific already has +120 required levels through orbs, the requirement will rise to lvl 130, making you unable to use the item at all unless you unsocket it.

With this build I never put sonething into the sockets of my honorifics in order to gain some magic find and cold spell damage.

ohhh didnt think about that!! good point okay im sold on no socket fillers