Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
Taem wrote:I've been playing Grim Dawn, so don't have any idea how the last couple patches are since my last necro guide, however what I did to defeat him with my summoner was to summon my army in the throne room, then use Jitans Gate (I think that's the teleporting skill) the second I went through the red portal to telebomb Baal. However, without multires, I'm not sure how possible this would be in realms. And my success rate was very, very low. Like, my teleport had to be within miliseconds to reach Baal and kill him without his shardspawn overwhelming my army, which is also why I never recorded it after failing so many times, lol.

Well, baal has changed a lot. Now he teleports like crazy on hit, casts a slower version of Death Strike, that kills you if you don't move half a screen away. Plus when you use summons or a merc, Baal summons all act bosses that grant Baal himself an invulnerability aura. And since this all isn't enough yet, he regularly knocks you back with a vice-versa avalanche and burns your mana at times, and he summons minions that teleport on you and attack you. even if you move, those enemies will still pounce on you.

So yeah... it's no good killing him with a summoner. You need a spell with decent damage but at the same time a spell that you can cast and forget (so standing in order to cast is no good at all)[/quote]

so obviously gonna have to respect to necro melee to deal with baal.. and then spec back for dcows
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
bradr wrote:
Taem wrote:I've been playing Grim Dawn, so don't have any idea how the last couple patches are since my last necro guide, however what I did to defeat him with my summoner was to summon my army in the throne room, then use Jitans Gate (I think that's the teleporting skill) the second I went through the red portal to telebomb Baal. However, without multires, I'm not sure how possible this would be in realms. And my success rate was very, very low. Like, my teleport had to be within miliseconds to reach Baal and kill him without his shardspawn overwhelming my army, which is also why I never recorded it after failing so many times, lol.

Well, baal has changed a lot. Now he teleports like crazy on hit, casts a slower version of Death Strike, that kills you if you don't move half a screen away. Plus when you use summons or a merc, Baal summons all act bosses that grant Baal himself an invulnerability aura. And since this all isn't enough yet, he regularly knocks you back with a vice-versa avalanche and burns your mana at times, and he summons minions that teleport on you and attack you. even if you move, those enemies will still pounce on you.

So yeah... it's no good killing him with a summoner. You need a spell with decent damage but at the same time a spell that you can cast and forget (so standing in order to cast is no good at all)

so obviously gonna have to respect to necro melee to deal with baal.. and then spec back for dcows[/quote]

I tried melee necro and I couldn't even get a slightest bit of damage on baal after multiple deaths. My plan is to use Graveyard fully maxed and use Death Lord morph. Then you just run in circles like a retard, trying to dodge everything he has, then you occasionally recast Graveyard and that's basically it.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
removed edit added a new instead of replaced
Edited by bradr 6 years.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
removed
Edited by bradr 6 years.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
bradr wrote: tl:dr
So yeah... it's no good killing him with a summoner. You need a spell with decent damage but at the same time a spell that you can cast and forget (so standing in order to cast is no good at all)

so obviously gonna have to respect to necro melee to deal with baal.. and then spec back for dcows

I tried melee necro and I couldn't even get a slightest bit of damage on baal after multiple deaths. My plan is to use Graveyard fully maxed and use Death Lord morph. Then you just run in circles like a retard, trying to dodge everything he has, then you occasionally recast Graveyard and that's basically it.

okay so select up deathlord tree and then use gravyard for massive dmg attack

well ill look forward to the full guide write up if it works
lol so basically the old vorath caster druid strat for the lvl 0 challange run arond in circles. casting occassionally

thats wht vemonmancer druids did exceopt with poison cloud*dont even remember name of skill and elemental ..just keep running til it dies

wonder if xbow necro would fair any better?? except im only 101 so no way am i near the point of testing that out

if you find a working strat would love to see it read it.....
even if it was the one time i had to do a respec it be worth it... your build is wonderful cause other than the early to mid and mid to late and late to end respecs that almost all builds have you dont have tons of switches for each different enoucnter.. and 18 different skill and pre buff rotations depending on the julian calander and chinese astrology.. so if for baal dest to get access to dcows we had to respec it would be totally worth it
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Baal video & Stragtegy added. Please skip the part from 0:50-1:50 where I forgot to make a TP and died.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
cool ty!!! ty and wow cant believe we dont benefit from any of the higher lvl stuff xis rune words or secret ones. i guess thats a good thing that this isnt a huge time and money sink looking for incredibly amazingly rare items..

think the 4 ice rune helm and the 1 ghal for the santa compana staff are the hardest things and those arent hard to get

relatively ..

btw is there anyway to redue the charsi quest so i can have access to "transmute to rare"? again other than the once at hate terror and dest difficulties?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
bradr wrote:btw is there anyway to redue the charsi quest so i can have access to "transmute to rare"? again other than the once at hate terror and dest difficulties?

Nope. You can only create a new char and let yourself rush to level 120.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
bradr wrote:btw is there anyway to redue the charsi quest so i can have access to "transmute to rare"? again other than the once at hate terror and dest difficulties?

thanks and im guessing theres no way to save my terror and hatered lvl charsi rewards until im wellinto dest and lvl 100+huh??

and cool vid thank you .. so no merc and no summons when we get to baal*so he doesnt summon more at us right? and any changes in body armour? and or weapon? or just gloves helm boots belt??

and keep gotia plate and santa compana?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
bradr wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:

thanks and im guessing theres no way to save my terror and hatered lvl charsi rewards until im wellinto dest and lvl 100+huh??

and cool vid thank you .. so no merc and no summons when we get to baal*so he doesnt summon more at us right? and any changes in body armour? and or weapon? or just gloves helm boots belt??

and keep gotia plate and santa compana?

No merc, no summons, no changes in armor and weapon.

you can save your charsi reward from terror and hatred ofc. Just don't use it until you're level 120 :D Each character can basically get 3 rare rolls from charsi. You just shouldn't use them before level 105.