Harbinger Wolf Druid Full Guide [1.3]

mistercd3
Cultist
20 | 0
Some of my experience on kill baal with treewarden.
Use idol of scoglen to gain DR, slow baal and hit him with thorn strike or fire skill. When you over stone form run around from baal until your idol of scoglen available again then repeat the first step. Slow from idol of scoglen is quite helpful in 1vs1 with boss.
If baal summon vision then try to lure those vision away from baal, use idol of scoglen because of velocity boost to help you lure them.
If you die inside Baal room, there is a way: Open a TP inside the room so u can lure those vision to there, and Baal on the part that you can simple walk and blink to the other part.

1 question is if i use 1 hand weapons then how many IAS i should have on weapons ?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
mistercd3 wrote:
1 question is if i use 1 hand weapons then how many IAS i should have on weapons ?

Check tool section of this site. There is speed calc wich gives you all breakpoints
0dino4ka
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
otherwise I do not know how to kill him
tlpc1
Sasquatch
60 | 0
I have a Harbinger Wolf as described in this guide; but I die too fast.
I am at the end of Act I Destruction, and have almost no problem with most monsters; but Steelfur Titans and Black Knights get my health to 1/4 in a second. What should I do?

Some details:
- I always walk, never run.
- Stats:

Level: 119
STR:844, DEX:31, VIT:31, EN:28
Resists: between 77-81
GRRR Dmg:774-956; GRRR AR:5727
Defense:39871; Life:5385; Mana:2403
Pollice Verso (6); Jitan Kamon (6); Void Greatword (6) with 75% total IAS, Natha Spirit Mask (6); Deadfall (6); Epicenter greaves
Amulet and each Ring MO'd with 30 DR
Switch weapon: runeword staff with +7 Druid skills

Life Shield and Faerie Fire are supermaxed (for my level)

Did LC1, LC2, Ennead Challenge, Monster Tokens.

If more info is required, let me know.
Thank you.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Steel für Titans reflect damage. Ignore them.
rumblealex
Lava Lord
96 | 90
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
tlpc1 wrote:I have a Harbinger Wolf as described in this guide; but I die too fast.
I am at the end of Act I Destruction, and have almost no problem with most monsters; but Steelfur Titans and Black Knights get my health to 1/4 in a second. What should I do?

I had the same issue, and it'll happen on a few elite mobs later on as well, Like Onyx Knights in Act 3. Just try and see them early and twisted claw them in a doorway or other choke point like a corner. it helps bringing them down a lot faster. If you Harbinger right in the middle of the pack, they'll surround you and insta-gib you in a second, so Twisted claw is better most of the time.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
rumblealex wrote:
tlpc1 wrote:I have a Harbinger Wolf as described in this guide; but I die too fast.

I had the same issue, and it'll happen on a few elite mobs later on as well, Like Onyx Knights in Act 3. Just try and see them early and twisted claw them in a doorway or other choke point like a corner. it helps bringing them down a lot faster. If you Harbinger right in the middle of the pack, they'll surround you and insta-gib you in a second, so Twisted claw is better most of the time.

this. Elite's should be killed with twisted claw rather than harbinger. also try to keep A3 merc with you with some good defense armor. he tanks a shitton.
tlpc1
Sasquatch
60 | 0
Thanks for the ideas, but I still have trouble surviving.

HechtHeftig wrote:Steel für Titans reflect damage. Ignore them.

I can't really ignore them, they move fast and they would hit me from behind when I'm killing other monsters.
Tkorpi wrote:...try to keep A3 merc with you with some good defense armor. he tanks a shitton.

I do have a reliable A3 merc; even though many Elites are lightning-immune, he helps a lot.
The problem is not with the merc but with my character; he dies a lot and quickly.
rumblealex wrote:I had the same issue, and it'll happen on a few elite mobs later on as well, Like Onyx Knights in Act 3. Just try and see them early and twisted claw them in a doorway or other choke point like a corner...

I tried that; I gave up on Harbinger and used only TClaw and even Manapulse (for Steelfurs, so it won't reflect so much dmg).

It still feels like it is a problem of my stats, not my gameplay. E.g.:
Earlier into this thread someone posted images of his stats at almost the same level as me (120).
A comparison:
- his Life: 12339; my Life: 5385
- his Defense: 311103; my Defense: 39871.
Couldn't this explain the problem?
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
tlpc1 wrote:Thanks for the ideas, but I still have trouble surviving.

HechtHeftig wrote:Steel für Titans reflect damage. Ignore them.

I can't really ignore them, they move fast and they would hit me from behind when I'm killing other monsters.
Tkorpi wrote:...try to keep A3 merc with you with some good defense armor. he tanks a shitton.

I do have a reliable A3 merc; even though many Elites are lightning-immune, he helps a lot.
The problem is not with the merc but with my character; he dies a lot and quickly.
rumblealex wrote:I had the same issue, and it'll happen on a few elite mobs later on as well, Like Onyx Knights in Act 3. Just try and see them early and twisted claw them in a doorway or other choke point like a corner...

I tried that; I gave up on Harbinger and used only TClaw and even Manapulse (for Steelfurs, so it won't reflect so much dmg).

It still feels like it is a problem of my stats, not my gameplay. E.g.:
Earlier into this thread someone posted images of his stats at almost the same level as me (120).
A comparison:
- his Life: 12339; my Life: 5385
- his Defense: 311103; my Defense: 39871.
Couldn't this explain the problem?

that picture is far ahead of you. he has allready pretty good gear on that dudu. your gear / skill choises can make big difference tho.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
tlpc1 wrote:I am at the end of Act I Destruction...

Level: 119

STR:844, DEX:31, VIT:31, EN:28
Resists: between 77-81
Pollice Verso (6); Jitan Kamon (6); Void Greatword (6) with 75% total IAS, Natha Spirit Mask (6); Deadfall (6); Epicenter greaves
Amulet and each Ring MO'd with 30 DR

I don wanna even think about HOW you made it till destr end with such gear stats and on lvl119.. But!

tlpc1 wrote:I am at the end of Act I Destruction...

First of all - damage is really low for destruction IMO. It shall be at least around 1500-2000 for Harbinger. Don't worry about mana issues since in 1.3 it's not a big deal anymore, switch Void rw to smth more useful. Even
Gehenna

Gehenna
Weapons

'ChamOhmLo'
Runeword Level: 83
20% Chance to cast level 32 Frozen Crown on Melee Attack
15% Block Speed
15% Hit Recovery
Adds 94-125 Cold Damage
Adds 150-200 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Maximum Life +5%
Maximum Mana +(23 to 28)%
Requirements -33%
would be much better.

How you got so low defence with maxed lifeshield?.. Even me with just TUs had around 100k. Anyway, give up with Jitan kamon - make
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
or
Dragonheart

Dragonheart
Body Armors

'OhmThulFal'
Runeword Level: 70
+2 to All Skills
30% Attack Speed
30% Cast Speed
30% Block Speed
45% Hit Recovery
+1.625% Enhanced Defense (Based on Character Level)
5% to Dexterity
+(550 to 650) to Life
Cold Resist +25%
, Gloves... not sure but for me even
Featherclaw
seems much better, not counting smth like
Kali
Kali
Gloves

'LumKo'
Runeword Level: 48
15% Chance to cast level 13 Seal of Fire on Kill
+2 to All Skills
+15% to Summoned Minion Resistances
-214 Defense
5% to Strength
Maximum Fire Resist +4%
Fire Resist +25%
. If you have problems with survivability, why don't you try to use
Megalith
Megalith
Boots

'LoFal'
Runeword Level: 73
+1 to All Skills
25% Cast Speed
15% Block Speed
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+(10 to 20) to all Attributes
5% to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana +30%
Physical Resist 5%
and
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
for even more DR? Esp if you dying because of phys hitting monsters with high AR.
PS: Steel furs don't reflect ranged damage. All you need is to NOT hit them in melee = Harbinger only.

Also for starting and with that.... gear. It won't hurt to max healing/avoid synergies for Symbiosis (elvensong and acid fiends, 26+20 skill points). And don't max Faerie fire now when you will need any extra point. Believe me - Symbiosis avoid synergy is much more worthful than wasting points on fire.
So in total i can suggest to max: werewolf, symbiosis, 26 pts elvensong, 20 pts acid fiends, 10 pts harbinger, 1 pt Faerie fire, leftovers in Feed the pack. If you will have Feed the pack maxed - put leftovers in Faerie fire... You may also put 1 pt in Pagan rites, but not sure you will have time and/or mana to use it.

► Show Spoiler