Souls series (Dark, Demons, Bloodborne)

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
3 months bump weeeeeeeee

I just recently found this channel, it present counter-argument for video i posted earlier (something about DS2 is not bad)
Got 5 parts atm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzKasf4_x34
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2339 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Here's why DS2 failed : Besides being a project that was handed over to people who were not Miyazaki, it suffered from a dumbed down combat system in PvE , meaning for instance if you start a new game as a new player and fight the first hollow you only have to worry about dodging the attack, or that Taurus Demon fight which is ridiculous for all the wrong reasons , when compared to Capra Demon in DS1 he's a huge pushover in what you have to pull off mechanically, with dodges and perfectly timed heals.

The way story moves is terrible. The thing i liked about DS1 (still my favorite DS game out of the 3 of them) is that you are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Sure youre the one that in part moves the story forward but the lore is already moving before you even create a character , in a sense. If you go to Blighttown you can see the machinations on Londo's Wall in the horizon , it puts a lot into perspective , something that Bloodborne managed to do very well too. In DS2 everything revolved on your actions as if youre the best thing ever since sliced bread. The world and its character dont move until you go from point A to point B, making DS2 essentially a gauntlet run between the maps. That takes away a lot of the immersion that was present in DS1. If i have to praise anything in DS2 it would be the pvp which was nothing godlike but was decent and fun. Scholars of the first sin DLC is pretty good , but it came too little too late.

TL;DR - You play DS games for the immersion , not really for the gameplay , because honestly if you only play for the gameplay then from a technical standpoint DS games are terrible and there are many other RPG games out there that executed it better, like Bloodborne (even tho Bloodborne's pvp is shit and so is the buddy calling system there)

Long rant. Also , as much as i like dark souls , i still prefer the sincere approach to battle Bloodborne has. Definitely Miyazaki's greatest masterpiece so far.

#TeamBloodborne
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
I played all the souls games, and I have to say... Dark Souls 2 is tied with Bloodborne for first place in my opinion. I'm not a picky person when it comes to graphics or story technicalities, but playing through Dark Souls 2 was the most memorable and enjoyable of all the games. Just traveling to so many locations, plus the dlc, and fighting so many different bosses was amazing. The world felt so much larger than all the other games. The controls felt good too, and the magic... Oh man, it was killer in Dark Souls 2! I actually made viable casters that could absolutely destroy bosses and players in pvp! I don't understand why people don't like it... The only thing that I can think of is the soul memory system. All the other aspects that mattered were perfect!
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
after several videos.... (yes i watched them all)