Quake Champions

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide

Anyone is playing this? By myself, I'm enjoying it quite a lot! Intense, gory and overall very quake'ish gameplay. One of my internet friend who is quake3 veteran told me, thats it's really awful and not worth playing. Luckily, I cannot agree with that, maybe because I did play Q3 very long time ago and on really casual level. I really hope, that they are going to take care getting of cheaters, so it doesn't repeat the destiny of CS:GO...
It is in the "semi-closed" beta test stage, but even at this phase it looks very promising and challenging to me. CS always felt way too slow and boring (MM), so it's so great that people are working on such fast-paced product!
Edited by mahitovec 6 years.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I think quake servers going live today, but who actually cares... We have something better to do ;) :lol:
Azathoth
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
I think it's pretty good, I love the maps and how they managed to give characters their own unique style without messing with the gameplay too much. It's still in beta and I saw a lot of issues concerning lag (other players stuttering to the point where you aren't able to see them very well or aim at them). Some weapons need reworking, like the machine gun which used to be great in Q3 but is shit now (still need to try space maps to test it).

Otherwise, not bad. I have a friend who's a Q3 veteran as well, he quite enjoys it, even played against one of the top 3 quake players in the world, he's much more satisfied than what I expected, since he's quite skeptical and very much enjoys old school games.
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Common Guide Badge