A Plea to the Mods

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Anonymous: wrote:
Fumbles wrote:I hope d2se and plugy are made incompatible sooner than later. The amount of time spent trying to troubleshoot issues for people every season is too damn high. Only the devs know how much time they spend making sure 3rd party stuff remains compatible. Single player now has everything that mp does so its about time players to learn to mule the regular way. I can see value of d2se and being able to avoid patch/realm swapping but the laucher now reverts to bnet gateway on uninstall. With that huge improvement, people should be able to navigate to other mods. I have two level 120s in sp. Its not a burden having to mule items that are worth keeping.

I have 31 different mods installed (not bragging, just facts) and run them via D2SE. How you advise to make them all available with no D2SE ? 30 additional copies of the game installed ? No thanks. As for pluggy in SP - best tool ever for people with OCD/hoarding/collection completion issues. No doubt about it. Median sets alone would fill like 3 mules.

If MXL become incompatible with D2SE wouldn't you have to use just two copies of the game? one for the 30 mods with D2SE and the other for Median alone (not sure since I haven't been using D2SE in years)
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
RequiemLux wrote:If MXL become incompatible with D2SE wouldn't you have to use just two copies of the game? one for the 30 mods with D2SE and the other for Median alone (not sure since I haven't been using D2SE in years)

Exactly. I mean, I wasn't even complaining about D2SE, fact is it simply doesn't work with MXLS. And since SeltSamuel didn't document anything as to what D2SE patches into the game (because it does), it makes it a pain for me to debug and figure out what causes problems. And we can't really integrate D2SE with the launcher either, so that's a no go.

Might have been possible with D2SE 2.3, but since it's been in development for even more time than MXLS, I'd say we're not ever seeing a release of it.