MacOS & sigma

Need help installing the mod?
SteelWings
Sasquatch
67 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Solfege wrote:Good meme

It's just really low level technical stuff, we don't want to wave HEX codes and C++ files around for people to get confused what is this about :P
dxkdxk
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
My plan is just avoid the launcher, hoping this continues to work as it did with MXL2017:
Download the new launcher when it comes out.
Unpack the app.asar file.
Copy what the launcher does - download the patch directly and apply with xdelta or other binary patcher. It is simple to read in func-main and main javascript files.
Run D2 with Wine as normal.

If this works then I will make a simple shell script for you.
WastingLight
Invader
8 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Dummy here - so the only solution is windows? No chance for even wine to work?
SteelWings
Sasquatch
67 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Very slight change Sigma has one particular bug/issue with privileges fixed in MXL.dll

Other than that, yeah, Windows is a safe bet.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
dxkdxk wrote:My plan is just avoid the launcher, hoping this continues to work as it did with MXL2017:
Download the new launcher when it comes out.
Unpack the app.asar file.
Copy what the launcher does - download the patch directly and apply with xdelta or other binary patcher. It is simple to read in func-main and main javascript files.
Run D2 with Wine as normal.

If this works then I will make a simple shell script for you.

sounds interesting for me too ..... i am running mxl with D"SE and PlugY under linux mint at the moment and have no probs .... and i am a linux dummy
SteelWings
Sasquatch
67 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
nobrainnopain wrote:sounds interesting for me too ..... i am running mxl with D"SE and PlugY under linux mint at the moment and have no probs .... and i am a linux dummy

MXL Sigma is supposedly not compatible with D2SE anymore.
ratty
Prowler
15 | 0
For some, the day of the premiere will be a feast from the first minutes, and for others well ... it will be a fight, probably days, maybe weeks of debugging and trying to run this app ;]
thanks to patch 1.14x for diablo I can not play on BN anymore, and I started to look for mods. I discovered a real modders gem which is Median and I see that the trend of discrimination and complete ignoring of nix users is also successfully cultivated here :).
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
SteelWings wrote:
nobrainnopain wrote:sounds interesting for me too ..... i am running mxl with D"SE and PlugY under linux mint at the moment and have no probs .... and i am a linux dummy

MXL Sigma is supposedly not compatible with D2SE anymore.

I know ... thats why new ways or solutions seem to be necessary for linux
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Huh...apparently you can download legit ISOs for Win 10 directly from Microsoft's website. And apparently you can install and use the OS without a product key. Things sure have changed since the annoying days of XP and WGA...
ratty
Prowler
15 | 0
short after trying to run installer (Median XL Web Setup), and click on I Agree buton under License Agreement got app error:
► Show Spoiler

wine version: wine-4.0-rc4
which libraries can I try to install via winetricks?