Installing Median XL Sigma on Windows

Need help installing the mod?
batman_returns
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi, I am completely new on this forum... I just love Diablo 2 LoD and found this excellent mod so I would like to join this wonderful community.
Well, the question is... I can see in this "Support / Installation" forum a pinned topic called "Installing Median on Linux" but I cannot find the "Installing Median Sigma on Windows"... Can someone post me the link to it, or better yet, pin it?
Thanks a lot ;)
c0796
Fallen
1 | 0
Ive been looking too. The first link I cam upon for the step by step install sent me to a forum page that says I dont have authorization to view, yes, I was logged in.

I then look in the FAQ and wound up here.

Have we overlooked a sticky somewhere for windows install?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The basic process is:
> Do a clean install of D2+LoD (version doesn't matter).
> Download and install the MXL Sigma Launcher (click the "Download" button in the upper-right corner of the forum page). It will take care of the rest.
> You'll also need Windows 7 or higher. Neither Sigma or the launcher support WinXP or Vista.

I'm not a Windows user, but I think you'll also need to add exceptions to whatever Windows' native security feature is for "Diablo II.exe" and "Game.exe". You may also need to add exceptions to your antivirus program.

If there's more to it, I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Edit:
I just noticed this topic exists:
viewtopic.php?p=206270#p206270
This is probably what you're looking for (scroll up to the top).