Troubleshooting for Median XL: Sigma

Need help installing the mod?
rakragul
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hi, i did all what you suggest from "ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005) • "Failed to retrieve process"" section and it still doesnt work, i got this error every time when i want to play on TSW :( i was on discord, but nobody coul fix my problem ;(
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Araw wrote:In my case I want to play sp and I see this:

I have done a fresh install on desktop after deleting d2 old files, checking that LoD works fine and using the current sigma download... I don´t see the "install" option when i open the launch for the first time, only the "Play" button. After clicking it happens the error. Someone has any idea to fix it?

Did you had a previous installation of Median before you installed the new one? Are you sure no antivirus is blocking the program? Try deleting the folder "resources" located in C:\Users\Usuario\Desktop\Diaglo 2 Lord of Destruction\Game Files\Median XL\
and see if nothing changes. If nothing changes and you keep getting errors try uninstalling the Launcher and install it back.

rakragul wrote:Hi, i did all what you suggest from "ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005) • "Failed to retrieve process"" section and it still doesnt work, i got this error every time when i want to play on TSW :( i was on discord, but nobody coul fix my problem ;(

Have you followed the 2nd method under the "Data Execution Prevention (DEP)" section?
Araw
Skeleton
2 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:Did you had a previous installation of Median before you installed the new one? Are you sure no antivirus is blocking the program? Try deleting the folder "resources" located in C:\Users\Usuario\Desktop\Diaglo 2 Lord of Destruction\Game Files\Median XL\
and see if nothing changes. If nothing changes and you keep getting errors try uninstalling the Launcher and install it back.

Yes, I had the last patch of Median and it works perfectly; i uninstalled it before trying with sigma. And Im quite sure that avast isn´t the problem because i´ve tried to disable it before start the launcher.

Sadly if i delete "resources" launcher doesn´t open and if i install it back, resources are also back and i have the same error...

Btw thanks for trying to help! ;)
am-sher
Fallen
1 | 0
I Have this "Generic bad character file" issue, fixed by creating a new local User with no cirilics.. anyway, I hope they will fix that, or change the save file directory, maybe to the installation folder of game/launcher.
washogy
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi. I have a problem when launcher stars...
https://pasteboard.co/HXpj1ie.png
I have reinstalled the game and median launcher several times, run the game as administrator, windows xp (service pack 3), glide options as I found in viewtopic.php?f=44&t=22962 and it gives the same error...

If I try to start the game with "game.exe", the game freezes.
PD. sorry for my english u.u
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
hi RequiemLux,

would be nice, if you could take a look into my thread plz

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=23658
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
lunar.seven wrote:hi RequiemLux, would be nice, if you could take a look into my thread plz

:D Looks like you were able to fix it before I could even get a chance to take a look, glad it was solved ^^
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
RequiemLux wrote:
lunar.seven wrote:hi RequiemLux, would be nice, if you could take a look into my thread plz

:D Looks like you were able to fix it before I could even get a chance to take a look, glad it was solved ^^

awesome :D
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
zolotze wrote:i have to do this (remove medianXL folder) every day for to play and then place all my hotkeys, how i can fix this ?

Meaning backing up "preferences.json" and then putting it back in? If yes, do not do that.
Jiggets
Fallen
1 | 0
My main pc died and im trying to get this working on an older win7 laptop all day. I've gotten past the error messages on the launcher but when i click play i either get a white screen or "please insert expansion disk". I've spent all day trying to get this to work and it just doesn't. Not sure what to do at this point. Any help would be appreciated