Troubleshooting for Median XL: Sigma

Need help installing the mod?
Predatopatate
Skeleton
2 | 0
i have a problem, i just downloaded the launcher and it worked out really great tbh. the problem is that after leaving the game, i decided the next day to play my lovely sorceress but i have to download the 300mb again!!! is it the new patch that was supposed to be released (even if i think it's been already released xD). i even had to specify again in what folder i wanted median xl to be installed.
does anyone know what's the problem?
hisblood777
Invader
8 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
So I have a problem now and I guess its because of the new patch. Not sure what happened but yesterday was playing just fine and now I cant. After hitting restart it opens up a folder to Median Xl with these 3 folders. LOCALES RESOURCES AND SWIFTSHADER. I have no clue what im suppose to do to get it working again.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Predatopatate wrote:i have a problem, i just downloaded the launcher and it worked out really great tbh. the problem is that after leaving the game, i decided the next day to play my lovely sorceress but i have to download the 300mb again!!! is it the new patch that was supposed to be released (even if i think it's been already released xD). i even had to specify again in what folder i wanted median xl to be installed.
does anyone know what's the problem?

Backup your characters from the save folder if you play Single Player (the folder is found here: \Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\MedianXL\save), then uninstall the Median Launcher, download the latest version from the website and reinstall it.

hisblood777 wrote:So I have a problem now and I guess its because of the new patch. Not sure what happened but yesterday was playing just fine and now I cant. After hitting restart it opens up a folder to Median Xl with these 3 folders. LOCALES RESOURCES AND SWIFTSHADER. I have no clue what im suppose to do to get it working again.

Select the D2 installation folder. If you do not remember where you installed Diablo2 LoD you can check its installation path by 'right-clicking' on Diablo2 LoD original shortcut, then selecting "Properties" and in the "Shortcut" tab read the path written in "Target:", the needed path should ends with the folder "Diablo II".
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
WakkaXD wrote:
► Show Spoiler
this is the screen i'm talking about

Close the Launcher and delete "MXL.mpq" and "d2sigma.dll" (located in your Diablo2 folder), then restart the Launcher and press "INSTALL".
WakkaXD
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it out however and the problem still persists :(

However, now I got an error message: in a little popup window: "diablo 2 exception: access_violation (c0000005)"
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
WakkaXD wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it out however and the problem still persists :(

However, now I got an error message: in a little popup window: "diablo 2 exception: access_violation (c0000005)"

Make sure no antivirus/firewall is preventing the Launcher from working correctly and do this:

'right click' on ComputerPropertiesAdvanced system settings'Advanced tab', in Performance section click on Settings...'Data Execution Prevention tab' check "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" → click on Add → find Diablo II.exe and Game.exe in Diablo2 directory (a.k.a. the installation folder) and add them → ApplyOkRestart the PC.
WakkaXD
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Thank you for your patience with this :)

I did exactly what you suggested. Now the screen still persists for a while, but after about 20 seconds I get this screen now:

Did I get IP banned or something ?
WakkaXD
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Also after I exit d2 I get the same access violation popup.

(I have no antivirus and firewall is disabled everywhere)
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
WakkaXD wrote:Did I get IP banned or something ?

I don't believe so, you should have been warned first. You did something you shouldn't have?

WakkaXD wrote:Also after I exit d2 I get the same access violation popup.

Open the Launcher and go into its settings page, there click on "Application Data" then delete the whole "MedianXL folder" (which is the folder that opens up when you click on "Application Data") but first remember to backup your characters from the save folder if you play Single Player, finally close the Launcher and restart the PC.

If after the above the problem persist there are a couple of things to take in consideration: assuming no antivirus/firewall is ruining things, there might be a possibility that your ISP is blocking access (happened before) and if this is the case you'll have to contact them. Second thing is that some file might have got corrupted or whatnot, in this case you may want to try a reinstall (backup your characters from the save folder if you play Single Player) and check the first post of this thread for some tips to prevent encountering errors during the installation (very first section).
WakkaXD
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
I already reinstalleed the game twice now, with the first post of this thread in my mind.

Also I did not do anything remotely close to bannable. I was playing a game which I restricted to only 1 player, I was just chilling in act 5 managingn my inventory (Just ported home from a first clear of Tran Athulua in Normal and tried to cube the 3 stones, but when the first one was under my cursor the game just pooped on me :( )