Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Jiggets wrote:My main pc died and im trying to get this working on an older win7 laptop all day. I've gotten past the error messages on the launcher but when i click play i either get a white screen or "please insert expansion disk". I've spent all day trying to get this to work and it just doesn't. Not sure what to do at this point. Any help would be appreciated

Delete the MedianXL folder in C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming (backup your characters from save folder if you play Single Player) then restart the PC without opening the Launcher until the reboot. If this does not work a clean reinstall could be needed: uninstall the mod and the game, make sure your PC has not leftovers of Median and D2 (use a cleaning software if needed). Restart the PC and install D2+LoD again, then the Median Launcher.
bmth698
Skeleton
2 | 0
im having issues with the key binds the menue shows i have the assigned but they do not show up or work even when i change them asked several streames and in the discord but no help the problem is specific to the skills keybinds my belt and other key binds work fine.... plz help :(
HaumeisterK
Skeleton
2 | 0
bmth698 wrote:im having issues with the key binds the menue shows i have the assigned but they do not show up or work even when i change them asked several streames and in the discord but no help the problem is specific to the skills keybinds my belt and other key binds work fine.... plz help :(

I have exactly the same issue. The hotkeys for skills don't work. It doesn't matter if I remap them, it still doesn't work. The only thing I can do is open the skills with the s key or right mouse-button and choose manually. That is quite frustrating in the middle of a fight. Diablo II - LoD version 1.14d, mod version 1.0.4b, fresh install.
Shrubbery
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey there,

so I have the following issue:
Whenever I try to launch the game, the launcher minimizes, the game icon appears in the task bar and what happens then is that my screen does not change appart from a tiny black square appearing at the top left corner which then proceeds to display one letter, number, etc at a time in alphabetical order (each respective one stays for a few seconds before the next one is shown)
Apart from that nothing else happens. I cannot click on anything and have to use task manager to close the application.
There is no error message.

Firstly:
I run a laptop with windows 7. My game files are from an old Best Seller Series (4 CD's) of the game (in German).
If I try to play the game vanilla or just use plugY it runs perfectly fine. The aformentioned issue only appears whenever I try to run it with Median XL. It doesn't seem to matter which version I use, either manually installing an older one or using the launcher for Sigma yields the same result.

Here is what I attempted:
- several fresh installations of the game (with 4 CD's it takes at least 30 min), also deleting what remained in the folder and %appdata% each time
- restarting the laptop frequently, whenever a step in the process was completed
- making sure the game (LOD) runs on its own after installing the 1.13c and 1.13d patches
- making sure that the applications are set to windows XP service pack 3 / windows 7 compabillity
- Downloading the German language pack for the launcher and selecting it
- trying out several of the DEP methods

I pretty much tried out everything that seems to be even remotely close to the issue I have. Unfortunately, after now trying to set it up for several days without succeeding I am at the end of my wisdom.

I'd be very thankful if someone knows a solution or could suggest something I haven't tried yet.

Regards
Shrubbery
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Shrubbery wrote:I'd be very thankful if someone knows a solution or could suggest something I haven't tried yet.
Regards
Shrubbery

1-Make sure there are no traces of PlugY in your system, it's no longer compatible.
2-Make sure you're attempting to run the game in windowed mode.
3-See if using a different video mode allows you to run the game, since those letters you see are usually linked to the use Glide video mode.
4-If the game works with another video mode but you want to use Glide for its customization options then try to set it up like in this picture-guide (Glide setup by aerial), or, if that doesn't work, try this other guide (alternate Glide calibration).
Shrubbery
Skeleton
2 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:2-Make sure you're attempting to run the game in windowed mode.

Thank you very much!

This did the trick for me. I was diehard trying to run it in fullscreen... had I known that the solution was this simple... so much time wasted...
budda
Rust Claw
84 | 2
Found strange part- disabling sound in launcher remove my lags. Hm maby bcse my new game repack have have some cutted sound mpq.

-60 ping delay by disabling vertical sync.
Vsync created for programs mostly with still image like photoshop. Yes you get more smooth gameplay, but in games its bring +60ms delay.
Settings for min system load. Extensions- disabled vsync part. Additionaly disabled vsync and swap control in nvidia .
Boost are big.
► Show Spoiler
TearsOfEternity
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
I am in the loop with restarting the game! Guess the Problem is, that I can´t choose where to install median xl!

Ok it turned out problem is I´m installing from Battle.net?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
TearsOfEternity wrote:I am in the loop with restarting the game! Guess the Problem is, that I can´t choose where to install median xl!
Ok it turned out problem is I´m installing from Battle.net?

That should not be a problem at all.
Make sure the installation path for Median XL (not the Launcher's one) matches with the installation path of Diablo2+LoD. You can check the Median XL's installation path in the setting page of the Launcher, to access click on the cog "⚙️" icon (up-right) in the Launcher window. If you do not remember where you installed Diablo2 LoD you can check its installation path by 'right-clicking' on Diablo2 LoD original shortcut, then selecting "Properties" and in the "Shortcut" tab read the path written in "Target:".
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
when I tried to update my game, it shows an error, and some message on top of the launcher says I can check the error log.txt and should visit the forum to dianose the error. So do I post my log file here or send it to someone? sr for the stupid question :lol: