Failed to Join Game/Unhandled Exception c0000005

Need help installing the mod?
natreus
Invader
9 | 0
I hope this isn't redundant as I came across quite a few posts about the c0000005 code, but I attempted all the corrections I could find to no avail.
I'm curious if it is possibly different as well because I can log in just fine with other characters, but in particular my paladin cannot. If I leave the screen alone it just fails to join the game, but if i click on it at all it gives me the unhandled exception c0000005. This occurred just after server reset last night. I logged out with just a few minutes until reset. After logging out I noticed the launcher had an update so I ran it for the most current version. Logged back in and had the issue with the paladin, but the new druid/paladin/assassin characters I made can join a game just fine. Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks!
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
If you already did what is suggested in this thread (Troubleshooting for Median XL: Sigma), then high are the chances your character is stuck in a server, you'll have to wai server reset for it to be available again. The servers are restarted daily at 5am UTC, in 12h from the posting of this message.
natreus
Invader
9 | 0
Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll wait it out and see if it resolves itself later tonight.
PindlskinVova
Acid Prince
46 | 2
I had problem with c0000005, i add d2 and game.exe to dep, but it didn't work, until i start throw launcher. Use original d2.exe for start.
Now im have failed to join problem(an any servers) too) admin kick didn't work, but in any situation thx for help - Gavin_K88, he tried.
In s17 there was no such problem, what is the reason?
natreus
Invader
9 | 0
Server reset looks to have worked. I can successfully log into games with the pally again.

Thanks!