Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Marco wrote:I can see how that could be interesting for collection purposes but, personally I wouldn't recommend to anyone to even bother playing anything before median 2008. There's nothing interesting, just no ubers, much less items, less skills (many repeated skills on diff chars), less monsters and really imbalanced. I'd say any version before median 2008 is basically "unfinished m2k8". Median 2008 isn't that great either (extremely imbalanced) - however it has a lot of nostalgia factor for us who have been around for that long.

There isn't overall much value in downgrading except to play some specific builds, such as 1.F9 pouncesin, 1.D9 judgesin or 1.A9 poison sorc, which were nerfed to the ground or removed. There's also other removed builds such as reanimator build, but that was removed because it was shitty so yeah have fun with that. That's pretty much about it.

Actually, I feel like it could be important to some people to indeed be able to 'relive' that moment they had years ago. I personally liked a couple of versions more then others and for nostalgic purposes would actually want to replay a few of them. For example play the old style 'Lazydin' with Merkabah and Lionheart hehe. I bet some people here might remember it.

I don't care about the fact that they miss out on some content. It's just in my memory that I had a lot of fun with some old builds that are not possible anymore, that's all :)

Some versions may be buggy yes, but sometimes that also made it fun to play.

I hope to build the most complete library of files possible. Soon I will launch a small website that will host this content and possibly with a little bit of information on the builds that were possible with it and the content it had/didn't have.
schnuppy
Vampiress
39 | 1
im looking at some old version too atm, i started with necro at 1.F9h or something like that... and i remember the old reward skill "Lich form" with the dirty and dark laugh^^ now im looking for those docs for the older versions... but its hard to find them... is there anyone who has archived a few old docs here? I miss those OP and unbalanced heroes which destroy everything in a few screenlenths :D
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
there's some old docs on the old forum:
http://www.medianxl.com/t4038-legacy-docs

you need to log in to see the links tho
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
could u tell me from what version is available 'luck trial' orb with weapons?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
darkstorm wrote:could u tell me from what version is available 'luck trial' orb with weapons?

ultimative.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
i have downloaded Ultimative version http://www.moddb.com/mods/median-xl/dow ... mative-xii
and there's no luck trial orb. how to add double orb effect to the weapon?
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
darkstorm wrote:i have downloaded Ultimative version http://www.moddb.com/mods/median-xl/dow ... mative-xii
and there's no luck trial orb. how to add double orb effect to the weapon?

Back in the day it used to be called something like "+999 to life because i have 6 sha'ads" mystic orb.

It was also in normal median.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
neocrescent
Cog
225 | 3
Lol my mistake, I didn't login that's why I couldn't see the link. The link in 4shared is dead but the mediafire link is still ok. Good thing I remembered my old pass in the old forums. Thank you again Gekko64 for sending me the docs and to kambala for replying to my pm.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Found this awesome website with lots of old median 2008 version for anyone interested -- https://www.lonebullet.com/mods/?s=30&q=median
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Sorry for necro, anyone has omega 003 txt files and/or docs? Would be very grateful for it