Having trouble installing/launching Median XL

Need help installing the mod?
bigmac9787
Skeleton
2 | 0
I am having trouble launching the game. I am on Windows 10, I have a new fresh install of D2 and LOD from battle.net and a fresh DL of the Median XL launcher (Median XL Web Setup) I have launched D2 LOD and it works fine. When I click the Median XL Launcher icon to install the game I get an error bar on the top of the launcher window. When I click on the install button the game installs fine. After it installs and I click on PLAY the play button changes to RESTART. If I click on that it restarts the launcher and does the same think over and over again. Here is the error log that is located in the error_log.txt file. Any help on this would be great!

► Show Spoiler
Edited by bigmac9787 5 years.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Make sure the installation path for Median XL (not the Launcher's one) matches with the installation path of Diablo2+LoD. You can check the Median XL's installation path in the setting page of the Launcher, to access click on the cog "⚙️" icon (up-right) in the Launcher window. If you do not remember where you installed Diablo2 LoD you can check its installation path by 'right-clicking' on Diablo2 LoD original shortcut, then selecting "Properties" and in the "Shortcut" tab read the path written in "Target:".

P.S.
Use the spoiler tags when you're posting a wall of text.
bigmac9787
Skeleton
2 | 0
Got it thanks!
sechsauge
Invader
9 | 0
Hi,

hope you all can help me :(

When I start the game with Mxl it takes about 7 minutes until I hit the first screen. Until then it shows single keys in the very top right corner of my screen which go from a to z and then further to some symbols (%&/{=) etc.
Then I am finally able to click and start a game. I chose a necromancer and a barbarian. With both tests the same result: The game loads again. With those letters and symbols in the top right... and the the text shows up: "generic bad character. This character is not compatible with this version of medianXL..."

What can I do now? :(
It is a clean new installation. D2 -> patch 14.d -tested- -> D2LoD -> patch 14.d - tested - -> medianXL -> doom :(

greetings
sechsauge
Jermu87
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I think I'll have to post to this also. I started play Median couple days ago and everything worked as a charm. Now, suddenly today when I tried to start the game, launcher just closes and gets back up when I hit "Play", and does this over and over again.

I tried to reinstall whole D2+LoD package, and when I start the LoD from Game.exe, it works perfectly. I copied the folder in to own directory so I don't have to reinstall it everytime again. After pointing Median to that folder and installing mod, it just doesn't work.

%appdata%\MedianXL\launcher\error_log.txt doesn't get any error message, which could cause this?
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Jermu87 wrote:I think I'll have to post to this also. I started play Median couple days ago and everything worked as a charm. Now, suddenly today when I tried to start the game, launcher just closes and gets back up when I hit "Play", and does this over and over again.

I tried to reinstall whole D2+LoD package, and when I start the LoD from Game.exe, it works perfectly. I copied the folder in to own directory so I don't have to reinstall it everytime again. After pointing Median to that folder and installing mod, it just doesn't work.

%appdata%\MedianXL\launcher\error_log.txt doesn't get any error message, which could cause this?

Open settings in Median launcher and Application data in there. Delete .json files in both folders restart comp and try again.
sechsauge
Invader
9 | 0
Even though the game is working... it needs exactly 7 minutes to be started. And an additional 3 minutes to start the characterplay.

Anyone with an idea?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
sechsauge wrote:Even though the game is working... it needs exactly 7 minutes to be started. And an additional 3 minutes to start the characterplay.
Anyone with an idea?

That is quite strange, try changing video mode in the Launcher settings page.
sechsauge
Invader
9 | 0
Thx, I´ll try that :)
sechsauge
Invader
9 | 0
Thaaaat did it :)

Thx a lot!

Greetings
sechsauge