MXL: Sigma Announced

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
archon256 wrote:
Icegod101 wrote:Wow, Quite the dump of content there, so jitan is now A3 and guards another uber, Akarat is wandering the marshes of the Torajan jungles, Bartuc is buried in his proper chambers, and the unformed land is finally in the promised land of witch doctors.

Mbwiru Eikura was the original name of Ghosts of Old Bremmtown, in Median 2008.

So either Marco's reverting that, or he's renaming Unformed Land (again), or it's something entirely different.

I like the 'Bremmtown is Fauztinville in the future' bit of lore, so it'd be nice if that didn't change.

If it's actually Unformed Land that you access via a portal, then maybe the tileset should be changed too? Bit strange to go dimension hopping and end up in an A3 Sewers tileset. A combination of Arcane Sanctuary and A4 tilesets would fit "Unformed Land" better.

But wouldn't fautzinville have a portal to bremmtown somewhere in it for obvious reasons?

Also I believe unformed should have a very basic plain brick/stone tileset for the floor and maybe A3-A5 tilesets for walls.
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Laz is the one who changed it to Bremmtown, I was wondering if Marco is reverting back to the old name.

But now that I look at it, the lore of that uberlevel in the docs does say that "The Unformed Land, or Mbwiru Eikura, is the spirit realm that only the Umbaru Witch Doctors can see, trough[sic] rituals".

My second point still stands then, bit odd for these Witch Doctors to be visiting this alternate magical realm that happens to look like sewers :P

Icegod101 wrote:But wouldn't fautzinville have a portal to bremmtown somewhere in it for obvious reasons?

Yeah, I agree.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
archon256 wrote:My second point still stands then, bit odd for these Witch Doctors to be visiting this alternate magical realm that happens to look like sewers :P

I do think when unformed ditches the sewers location, maybe sewers of kurast could become another uber location
FallenAngel
Stone Warrior
31 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I wonder where Laz n MNX bosses will be located (since they are not part of the 'lore' as such). Something tells me unwary adventurers might be in for a couple of nasty surprises :P
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
they will be in secret developer hideout of coz

and whist will secretly inject his own boss inside as well.

area will be full of troll, suicidal cats and NEVER FORGET, the flying buffalo error
-
and if you guys forget, didnt whist posted arcane sanctuary screenshot with SSSPPPPAAAACCCEEEEEE background?

just put something trippy = unformed land / dream land done.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Record yourself modding. Show all the work you're putting in.
Later on, when everything's done it's easy to forget, and people have said it quite often that they want to see some modding in action.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
void wrote:Record yourself modding. Show all the work you're putting in.
Later on, when everything's done it's easy to forget, and people have said it quite often that they want to see some modding in action.

a guy slowly modifying numerical values on a white notepad. doubt it would be as interesting as an editor.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Wulf wrote:
void wrote:Record yourself modding. Show all the work you're putting in.

a guy slowly modifying numerical values on a white notepad. doubt it would be as interesting as an editor.

a white notepad - srs? My excel workbook is a spaceship. Careful, son.
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Also you would get spoiled everything if you could watch that. Plus i could not concentrate on my work if marco would stream this.
Mint_chocolate
Acid Prince
46 | 3
Can't wait for this, haven't actually seen all these screenshots before, should increase this community even more now, looking forward to playing this with everyone :mjump: :mjump: :mjump: