MXL: Sigma Announced

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Inertia
Abomination
141 | 72
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
spacevan27 wrote:So what are we looking at for a release date??? early 2017??? or nothing definitive?

January 12 (my birthday).
WolfieeifloW
Bone Archer
76 | 14
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Wow, just wow... This looks so amazing. Seriously Marco and whist (And the team), great job so far.
Marco, I know we've had our differences but I seriously want to congratulate you (And, again, the team) on this massive project.

Before I opened this thread and read it I was kind of sad about how Sigma has been in development for so long. But now after spending the past few hours reading this entire thread, I am just as hyped again for Sigma as I was when it was first announced.

Some things I found while reading through all 82 pages and wanted to add in my opinion:
  • Could you use different divisors for different damage types?
    • This idea seems super cool and a great way to add 'strengths / weaknesses' to each boss. For example, and I understand this was just done with resistances, but Andariel being weak to Fire was always a cool concept to me and I always wished that other bosses had certain weaknesses.
  • act 1 caves, act 2 tombs & ancient tunnels, act 3 dungeons & temples, act 5 ice caves and lava maps
    • Maybe instead of having the 'bias' drops in uberlevels, you could place them in these side levels instead? Like one gives a load of XP, one gives a load of gold, one drops more TU's, one drops more SU's, one drops more signets, etc.
  • Mercenary only items
    • I personally actually really liked this idea. I always liked the idea of mercenaries, but paying to rez them over and over was just annoying. Being able to make them actually live without making super OP items that players can use seems pretty cool.
    • Perhaps, if possible, you could just take a D3 approach to mercs? If they 'die', they just go invulnerable but unable to attack for a bit, then 'rez' with full HP?
  • No differences between SP and MP
    • Please, I beg, do not make differences between SP and MP. This was one of the major reasons I had stopped playing Median. I like to play SP, and my friends and I like to just hop on TCP/IP. Dealing with server ms, chances of d/c, etc. is just something my group of friends do not like.

Overall though, again, I want to thank you and the team for your hard work. These new forums look amazing, Sigma looks like it will be amazing, and you guys have kept this amazing mod going for long past it's due date!
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
welcome back wolfie, I hope you won't go berserk this time :-P
WolfieeifloW
Bone Archer
76 | 14
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hey, thank you! I have nothing but respect for Marco and the team here. I completely realize how I went about things previously was wrong and I have personally messaged Marco with an apology.

Anyway, I'm back and have nothing but the interest of Median and Sigma in mind. I wanted (and did) help on the old (Old original, Laz days) forums and hope I can work my way back up to that level of trust on these new forums.

Anyway, don't want to get too off-topic in this thread - let's keep this crazy Sigma hype going!

Dude Love wrote:ACT 3.5 HYPE
Dya
Cultist
24 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
It will be cool only when ppl can play this. Now it isnt more then nothink
D24Ever
Prowler
19 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i noticed whist hasnt posted in a month, i guess he's still moving? and progress is haulted?.....
Rakehell
Deckard Cane
23 | 2
Can we expect new acts or at least vastly new areas to explore ? I mean areas big as separate act connected to the original ones if it's not possible to add new ones ?
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
new acts / classes / act 4 angel mercenary / stackable oils ... 2016 and suggestions are still not original
Severn
Dark Huntress
10 | 1
The release day in encrypted in the cow meditation video. Every moo/comment/rating/view is one day added to the release date.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I've moved the last pages in this topic... this is not a topic for suggestions. Tons of people browse literally all pages of this thread to read info on the upcoming changes. Let's avoid nonsense.