MXL: Sigma Announced

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
impbloody
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jampula wrote:Seriously I can't imagine playing this mod hardcore, even if you are careful there are just too many instagibs. My nerves would crack. If you are bored of MXL (like me), the sanest thing you can do is try out different mods for the time being. There is life outside of Median. I mean MXL is hands down the best mod I have played and I will return to it upon the release of 2017.

You would think that, but you start to play the game completely different anyways, a lot fo the instagib mechanics you either weren't ready for in the first place and shouldnt have gone in there, but a lot of the time its actually not as bad as most people think... but you still have rubber banding and connection issues now and then.
xzmnick
Abomination
153 | 0
Considering all the cash inflow can we expect sooner real MXL17 release?
Thanks
arkolyno
Acid Prince
49 | 1
new user here...but long time player of diablo 2 and median xl.
Is there any point in donating for sigma? Is it a project that will see any concrete realisation?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
arkolyno wrote:new user here...but long time player of diablo 2 and median xl.
Is there any point in donating for sigma? Is it a project that will see any concrete realisation?

Donating means you support the server. So if you're playing mp then yes, it is worth it. Plus you get trader gold, which you can trade for items on the server.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
HechtHeftig wrote:

Donating means you support the server. So if you're playing mp then yes, it is worth it. Plus you get trader gold, which you can trade for items on the server.

Donating actually helps everything MXL related, period. That includes, and is not limited to, the realms, the sigma project, the forums, etc. Donations are basically used to push the MXL project further. This can include some future projects the community doesn't even know about yet.

That is, if you love the mod, the community, the sigma project, it is surely worth donating.
arkolyno
Acid Prince
49 | 1
whist wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:

Donating actually helps everything MXL related, period. That includes, and is not limited to, the realms, the sigma project, the forums, etc. Donations are basically used to push the MXL project further. This can include some future projects the community doesn't even know about yet.

That is, if you love the mod, the community, the sigma project, it is surely worth donating.

Thank you sir, for the response. I know about sigma for some years now, but forgot about it, since no updates on it were released. Just wanted to make sure it still is your goal to work on it and release it. Thank you for confirming it.
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
is there any chance this game will be released in the next month? i'd like to download it to my laptop and bring it to my new work place, since there is no internet there. actually there is, but limited to a point where i can only read newspaper. also how is its system requirement?
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
Sigma not, but the latest Median version has a bunch of stuff from Sigma, and the new version coming soon will have even more (plus it will have corpses spawning in the town so SP will be even better than before).

System requirements are very low (like 15+ years old). Google D2 system requirements.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
Quirinus wrote:Sigma not, but the latest Median version has a bunch of stuff from Sigma, and the new version coming soon will have even more (plus it will have corpses spawning in the town so SP will be even better than before).

System requirements are very low (like 15+ years old). Google D2 system requirements.

what is the 'new version' u said? this? https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?t=6211
so i will go away in about 1 month from now, and wanna download the lastest ver, will this new ver be release in time or should i be satisfied with the current M17? tbh I got bored of the old ultimative and hope the one i would get this time is as different from ultimative as possible. also about the requirements, sigma gonna have that same requirements with so many upgrades in both graphics and play?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
chickenfeeder wrote:
Quirinus wrote:Sigma not, but the latest Median version has a bunch of stuff from Sigma, and the new version coming soon will have even more (plus it will have corpses spawning in the town so SP will be even better than before).

what is the 'new version' u said? this? https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?t=6211
so i will go away in about 1 month from now, and wanna download the lastest ver, will this new ver be release in time or should i be satisfied with the current M17? tbh I got bored of the old ultimative and hope the one i would get this time is as different from ultimative as possible. also about the requirements, sigma gonna have that same requirements with so many upgrades in both graphics and play?

Yes, that is the new version he was referring to. M17 1.1 will be released in about 3 weeks, so you should be able to get it in time before leaving. With the implementation of new areas, the summoning uberquests gone and the skills rework, I think you can expect it to be quite different from the present version. As for Sigma it'll certainly have an increased resolution and a more colorful and detailed UI so, even with only this two differences, you could expect a slight increase in resources needed to run the game; but nowadays such small increase probably has to be considered negligible... of course devs could dispute what I've written if it happens to be incorrect