Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
shinyghost
Prowler
16 | 0
why there aren't unique monsters with their pack like in other mods and vanilla? the elites substitute the champions, but i always loved to see a unique boss with it's pack to slow down me/ check its drops...I play median since 2008 and don't remember why laz removed it, they make the "story mode" more interesting
iHaku
Stygian Watcher
44 | 1
shinyghost wrote:why there aren't unique monsters with their pack like in other mods and vanilla?

Because there are.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
uh.... Snotspill in cold plains? superunique Fallen with an aura and a massive posse of minion Fallen? Albrecht in Den of Evil? come on bro.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
We got a unique mob out in the caldeum too..
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Rishab wrote:We got a unique mob out in the caldeum too..

Prime_Evil wrote:uh.... Snotspill in cold plains? superunique Fallen with an aura and a massive posse of minion Fallen? Albrecht in Den of Evil? come on bro.

These are superuniques... he means random unique mob with pack that can spawn anywhere, like in clod, and champions.
In some specific areas u can see them in cmxl, f.e u can spawn a champion mob with evil urn in a5, also in catacombs there are sometimes unique mobs, but in clod they were everywhere even in blood moor
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
champions still exist in teganze, at least i found couple of packs of it.

other map, probably still disabled because there was a problem with hp overflow in the past.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
iwansquall wrote:Progression in early -> mid end game went out of whack a lot in new patches.
Even weirder that easy farm-able area is locked behind difficult wall

1. DCow behind DBaal
2. Bremmtown behind fauzt (bremmtown is easy if you have summon to distract them + kill from range)
3. Toraja behind Toraja forest / Teganze (ok, tbh i havent check new toraja yet, but it was super breeze in the past)

Basically usually I would try farm easy level in destruction so i can get at least shrine / SU / jewel / set in a sweep. So far K3KBA and TA is still farm-able although sometimes i tend to died randomly. Next farm-able area is nihlathak for signets, which after removal of Jitan making is more reason to pick up the waypoint there. Khalimgrad is fun and easy, but I truly hate the invincible lantern archon. IotSS also kinda ok, but gold bias mostly there.

I know i could switch back to terror difficulty to farm shrine / jewel / set, but wouldnt it be nice if i could do it while getting SU as well in same time?
Other farm-able uber is too dangerous atm and I could die in couple of shots, first area yshari sanctum would be next easiest but the drop usually terrible as well as boring maze-layout.

I would complain about great rune and elemental rune for not rewarding enough, but as usual, my problem with median are:

Partial Set, Decent Craft, Good jewel, weak SU, eating 500 signets ----------------(Super HUGE GAP) -------------------> Full Set, Godly Craft, Godly jewel, SSSU, Elemental RW / Xis, UMO Projects

This would fit in the feedback thread for the current patch, too. I get what the idea was with moving certain uberquests, some of the changes I actually like a lot - like K3K, the Butcher, Creature of flame is alright too - but god, Torajan Jungle takes the most obnoxius and annoying map in the game(a3 jungle)and turns it up to fucking 11, and that's where some of the easy-medium ubers are located(k3k is easily accessible, but Akarat, Jitan, Legacy of Blood and Toraja - arguable, but it's pretty easy for summoners - are a total bitch to get to now). It does impact character progression, gear- and signet-wise, too.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Frytas wrote:This would fit in the feedback thread for the current patch, too. I get what the idea was with moving certain uberquests, some of the changes I actually like a lot - like K3K, the Butcher, Creature of flame is alright too - but god, Torajan Jungle takes the most obnoxius and annoying map in the game(a3 jungle)and turns it up to fucking 11, and that's where some of the easy-medium ubers are located(k3k is easily accessible, but Akarat, Jitan, Legacy of Blood and Toraja - arguable, but it's pretty easy for summoners - are a total bitch to get to now). It does impact character progression, gear- and signet-wise, too.

A3 is by far the largest AND most annoying act. Putting all the mid-game ubers behind the huge A3 jungle map with relatively strong monsters is rather weird. It's the same thing with fautz and bremm. Bremm is supposed to be easier yet bremm is behind fautz protection now :/
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I don't get the jungle hate (unless you're playing a squishy build that relies on max block), it's actually a well designed spacious area where you can actually *see*, unlike say TA where you get hit by an invisible 1HK arrowside obstructed by trees each and every run unless you're playing a build that can completely ignore it.

Another problem I think some have is not having enough FRW. Like if you're some xbow necro waltzing around in ancient armor with zero FRW yeah it's gonna suck.

In fact I'd love some good farm uber where part of the challenge is simply reaching the place.
nico27
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
demonshalo wrote:
nico27 wrote: 2. It would be the nicest thing if a skill dmg calculator was available, and especially for Oskills and skills that appear on procs. If that's not possible, a full description of the skills in the documentation would be a good step in that direction.

I have wanted this for so long. I usually use this go guesstimate approximately how much dmg things might do: http://dev.median-xl.com/?script=skillcalc

I didn't know that was avalaible, thanks! And apologies. I thought that there must be something I was missing, I don't know how I overlooked its presence since I've been using other tools... It stills lacks some info like a full description of the skill or the progression of stats other than damage, but a is a nice start. Anyway, that was not really a suggestion for upcoming patch so maybe I went a bit offtopic also, so I apologise again.