Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
614 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
cowking wrote:I don't get the jungle hate (unless you're playing a squishy build that relies on max block), it's actually a well designed spacious area where you can actually *see*, unlike say TA where you get hit by an invisible 1HK arrowside obstructed by trees each and every run unless you're playing a build that can completely ignore it.

Another problem I think some have is not having enough FRW. Like if you're some xbow necro waltzing around in ancient armor with zero FRW yeah it's gonna suck.

As far as the "jungle hate" goes,it's all down to personal taste; a good amount of people hate the desert areas, but I don't think I'm being inaccurate when asserting that the majority of players hate jungle areas the most.

As far as stats and frw go: I play a barbarian with 1.6mln def, 50% dr and 10.5k life with king of ents axe(treewarden morph makes you move and attack faster) and access to wolf stance(frw) and I still hate that area with a fucking passion. Not because it's hard, but because it's stupidly long, obnoxiously convoluted and overall just seems like a fucking mess to me. Sorry, I know there was work put into it but I do genuinely HATE the a3 jungle and the fact that Torajan Jungles are so huge just makes it worse for me.

cowking wrote:In fact I'd love some good farm uber where part of the challenge is simply reaching the place.

I don't mind the idea, but they should be endgame areas imo, not "I just hit 120 and want to get some easy charms" like they are right now, well some of them at least; I understand that thematically it makes sense to have Astrogha in a cave in the middle of a jungle(I actually don't mind him there),and having Jitan defend his lair, but Jitan is a medium difficulty uber, doable with TU's by most classes, and having to navigate through that cancer of an area(again...personal bias) just to get to him is rather painful. Same issue with Bartuc - it makes sense to have him there, but just...why so far away. It was even worse back when Jitan only had a chance to drop the charm, but at least that's fixed.

Also I agree with the people saying that putting Bremm entrance in Fauztinville is silly. Because it really is. It took me about 6-7 minutes to reach the portal with my barb, while Bremm itself took about 2 minutes. I did kill the majority of enemies on my way from Fauzt entrance to Bremm entrace, but I also did kill the majority of enemies on the way from Bremm entrance to the Dark Star Dragon. You could argue that one could just "ignore mobs and run", but that's not the point - the point is that Fauzt is MUCH harder than Bremm, yet you need to get past some of it in order to reach the easier area. Good theming doesn't always translate to good gameplay is what I'm trying to say.
thanosdk
Rust Claw
85 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I was watching at Annihilus mod changelog and saw this:
"You can hold CTRL while hovering over an item to see which stats vary and their ranges, just like in Diablo 3."

Now that's something I would love to see in MXL as well. Is it a plugin or something or does it need to be coded from scratch?
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Frytas wrote:
cowking wrote:I don't get the jungle hate (unless you're playing a squishy build that relies on max block), it's actually a well designed spacious area where you can actually *see*, unlike say TA where you get hit by an invisible 1HK arrowside obstructed by trees each and every run unless you're playing a build that can completely ignore it.

Another problem I think some have is not having enough FRW. Like if you're some xbow necro waltzing around in ancient armor with zero FRW yeah it's gonna suck.

As far as the "jungle hate" goes,it's all down to personal taste; a good amount of people hate the desert areas, but I don't think I'm being inaccurate when asserting that the majority of players hate jungle areas the most.

As far as stats and frw go: I play a barbarian with 1.6mln def, 50% dr and 10.5k life with king of ents axe(treewarden morph makes you move and attack faster) and access to wolf stance(frw) and I still hate that area with a fucking passion. Not because it's hard, but because it's stupidly long, obnoxiously convoluted and overall just seems like a fucking mess to me. Sorry, I know there was work put into it but I do genuinely HATE the a3 jungle and the fact that Torajan Jungles are so huge just makes it worse for me.

cowking wrote:In fact I'd love some good farm uber where part of the challenge is simply reaching the place.

I don't mind the idea, but they should be endgame areas imo, not "I just hit 120 and want to get some easy charms" like they are right now, well some of them at least; I understand that thematically it makes sense to have Astrogha in a cave in the middle of a jungle(I actually don't mind him there),and having Jitan defend his lair, but Jitan is a medium difficulty uber, doable with TU's by most classes, and having to navigate through that cancer of an area(again...personal bias) just to get to him is rather painful. Same issue with Bartuc - it makes sense to have him there, but just...why so far away. It was even worse back when Jitan only had a chance to drop the charm, but at least that's fixed.

Also I agree with the people saying that putting Bremm entrance in Fauztinville is silly. Because it really is. It took me about 6-7 minutes to reach the portal with my barb, while Bremm itself took about 2 minutes. I did kill the majority of enemies on my way from Fauzt entrance to Bremm entrace, but I also did kill the majority of enemies on the way from Bremm entrance to the Dark Star Dragon. You could argue that one could just "ignore mobs and run", but that's not the point - the point is that Fauzt is MUCH harder than Bremm, yet you need to get past some of it in order to reach the easier area. Good theming doesn't always translate to good gameplay is what I'm trying to say.

I love love love the jungle. It feels good and the flow is smooth and it's reward to difficulty ratio is at a happy place for me.

I really dislike how difficult seeing in TA is. It is just know where to spam to kill stuff you never see bc of walls.

Fautz has never felt good to me, but I am not that veteran a player.

The robot zone, Vinzjin or whatever is probably the worst thing ever imho. It feels extremely resource demanding on D2 which struggles to keep up.

I'll write more in the future from a rather new players perspective.
HeluAg
Destroyer
7 | 0
Hi everyone, i suggest:

1. Transmute Hotkey.
2. Take all(from cube) button and hotkey.
3. Possibility to select several items to throw and / or store in the stash/inventory.

4. Maybe some sections for the stash, like the ones that have the merchants.(or something like diablo 3 playstation edition).
5. Make an Documentation book in game, or at least recipes one:
I'm trying to think the simplest way to do this and i got this idea. Create a "Horadric Book" right click to open book, right click to continue reading , transmute to close. Put there all recipes.
6. Remove Arcane crystals and leave only the Shards, create a jar for these or make them stackable x 100/1000/10000 idk.
7. A way to add runewords info in game, cant figure out a nice/easy way to make it fit.
8. Make Town portal and Identify innates skills. (with or without the need of some buyable reagent)(stop using tp and identify scroll for alchemy xD).
9. Ubers on QuestLog.
10. Meshif sail to Skartara.
11. Change Skill plan like talents in wow, a way to quickly respec(only in town).
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
HeluAg wrote:1. Transmute Hotkey.

Already done

HeluAg wrote:2. Take all(from cube) button and hotkey.

Sounds a bit excessive ;-|

HeluAg wrote:5. Make an Documentation book in game, or at least recipes one

Already planned

HeluAg wrote:8. Make Town portal and Identify innates skills

Already done

HeluAg wrote:9. Ubers on QuestLog.

Already planned

HeluAg wrote:10. Meshif sail to Skartara.

Sure but, why though
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
now i'm not saying that I think the jungle is at a decent size, maybe decrease it by 20% and we are fine. But it seems on people that they want waypoints/red portals to every single uber boss right away, and for these to be accessible from town. While the endgame of median is a big selling point, farming a trophy in like 10-15 mins in the easier ones and maybe 2 hours on the hard ones is just silly. There is a reason why people use to finish every single charm in 2 days of the ladder.
I'd personally like an alternative way of getting a trophy, something like the jday quest, comparing the charm to the upgrade. Not just killing the boss over and over.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
One of my lifelong pipedreams for median was the inclusion of a build switch menu thing-whatever , where you edit and save maybe up to 3 (or more who knows) builds + gear templates , and just press one key to spend a belladonna and it would switch to the stats+skills+gear saved on the template of that one key on the fly after maybe a bit of loading time. Ofc that means it would require you to carry every piece of gear with you which would be a hassle unless it got coded to automatically fetch it off the stash for you as well. I realise thats probably not feasable with diablo 2 at all , but that's the dream.
thanosdk
Rust Claw
85 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Prime_Evil wrote:One of my lifelong pipedreams for median was the inclusion of a build switch menu thing-whatever , where you edit and save maybe up to 3 (or more who knows) builds + gear templates , and just press one key to spend a belladonna and it would switch to the stats+skills+gear saved on the template of that one key on the fly after maybe a bit of loading time. Ofc that means it would require you to carry every piece of gear with you which would be a hassle unless it got coded to automatically fetch it off the stash for you as well. I realise thats probably not feasable with diablo 2 at all , but that's the dream.

In short D3 Armory right? Yeah would be cool but I really doubt it is feasable without the source code of the game. Perhaps only with something like the gift box could work, dunno really.
Goatmilk
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
Not sure if it's been suggested on the previous 125 pages, but I have always been dreaming about procs on items showing the damage values, according to your own spell damage and energy.

Say a weapon with: "6% chance to cast level30 flamefront on strking" -> "6% chance to cast level30 flamefront (1487-2650) on strking"
And have the color change with the element type.

Weapon damage skills could instead list the weapon damage multiplier and perhaps the number of hits. I imagine this would be the most useful for elemental procs, but if you're not an old Median player that doesn't know all the o-skills etc. the weapon ones would also be useful. Atm it's very hard to see if an item is worth using if you're looking at the proc, thought this would be a nice way to make it easier to know the real power of the item. :)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Will it be possible to add a slot in the speech menu of decard cain named "Uberquest locations" in sigma?

That way you could add strategies for certain ubers into the game. Why decard? Because everyone talks to decard regularly plus it makes sense storywise as he's still the last horadrim. He should have enough knowledge of it all.

Example: You talk to decard in act 1, click on "uberquest locations" then click on "Chapel of Vanity" and he starts talking like "Ahh, right... the chapel of vanity. I heard it was created by the Fallen Angel Inarius and the demon Lilith. It's an ancient realm. Nobody knows where exactly it's located but rumors say it's somewhere deep inside the inner parts of the cloister. An ancient relic, the Crystal ball, was created to guard the Chapel and its citizens from all harm. The first step should be Destroying that crytal ball. But beware! The tower was enchanted by lightning and periodically emits large amounts of deadly beams, killing anyone who touches it. Try to hide behind pillars in to order to avoid it."

Something like that.

Then in act 2 only the ubers in act 2 are lsted and so on.