Suggestions for upcoming patch

The awaited Median XL sequel is coming - discuss it here.
User avatar
Gekko64
Astral Guardian
1938 | 100
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
actually I think it's a good idea, there's a lot of oskills that could be brought gack into the game
User avatar
SarahAustin
Cultist
21 | -1
ChuckNoRis wrote:
SarahAustin wrote:Add a lvl 30 skill again. Gives more build diversity and maybe a chance to have more viable builds and strategy.
100 builds are not enough all of a sudden ?

making COTW's more common would bring the extra diversity .

remember the times when you could get +1 to any skill (except uberskills , ennead and BRC skills) from azmodan hearts , worldstone keys and scrolls of kings ? that's when you had more diversity than now .


+1 to all skills doesnt add to diversity...

And another 2 or 2 skills the way the trees are laid out would make a big difference. Besides, its a suggestion, nothing more.
User avatar
Rishab
Neon Fiend
2008 | 148
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Sarah doesn't remember the old times u talk of @chuck, sarah is new... gotta consider that possibility too
New Bestiary(WIP)| Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
User avatar
Aero
Talic
6598 | 226
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
SarahAustin wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:
SarahAustin wrote:Add a lvl 30 skill again. Gives more build diversity and maybe a chance to have more viable builds and strategy.
100 builds are not enough all of a sudden ?

making COTW's more common would bring the extra diversity .

remember the times when you could get +1 to any skill (except uberskills , ennead and BRC skills) from azmodan hearts , worldstone keys and scrolls of kings ? that's when you had more diversity than now .


+1 to all skills doesnt add to diversity...



+1 to a random skill. Same as cornerstone jewel, but it comes on a charm instead of jewel. meaning you could use stormcall on a barbarian if you had the charm with +1 stormcall.
User avatar
Jampula
Onyx Knight
636 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ah the countless runs to get that Warp Armor charm...
User avatar
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
1773 | 111
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
L H wrote:
SarahAustin wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:
SarahAustin wrote:Add a lvl 30 skill again. Gives more build diversity and maybe a chance to have more viable builds and strategy.
100 builds are not enough all of a sudden ?

making COTW's more common would bring the extra diversity .

remember the times when you could get +1 to any skill (except uberskills , ennead and BRC skills) from azmodan hearts , worldstone keys and scrolls of kings ? that's when you had more diversity than now .


+1 to all skills doesnt add to diversity...



+1 to a random skill. Same as cornerstone jewel, but it comes on a charm instead of jewel. meaning you could use stormcall on a barbarian if you had the charm with +1 stormcall.


In terms of those charms back then that's not 100% correct. The skills were character class specific. I think scroll of kings added +2 while the other 2 charms added only +1 to a random character specific skill like +2 to warp armor (sorceress only).

That way you could improve your build and make it unique. For example if this was still there in the current patch, you could use both vessel of retribution and vessel of judgement AND both passives (soltice and equinox and life and death) gaining both the bonus those passives add since you didn't need to ever put a single point into any holy or unholy skill or either of the passives.

Or you could make Sorc great again since that way she could get warp armor even with fire/poison build as mentioned above. However, if you're a barb and get a stormcall roll, you won't get the skill as an oskill.
User avatar
SarahAustin
Cultist
21 | -1
Add a stance to Merc barbs. Theyre pretty good but i think stances are the new aura pala in median so why not give them a stance? About balance, either increasing radius with lvl up, only for the merc only, or fixed radius.
User avatar
Unda
Daystar
690 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
SarahAustin wrote:Add a stance to Merc barbs. Theyre pretty good but i think stances are the new aura pala in median so why not give them a stance? About balance, either increasing radius with lvl up, only for the merc only, or fixed radius.


Why you want that specific mercenary to be buffed and by what type of stance? If you had bad experience with using him then post gear setup you gave him and tell what kind of build he was supporting. Stance mechanic is that its shared with party in its stance radius so i dont get idea for it to be merc only as merc skill.

Akt 5 mercenary is very strong in its current state, also he can carry on attack/striking/kill procs, got decent utility skill Thunder Slam/Shower of Rocks and Gift of the Wild buff, even can drop army of meatshields.
User avatar
SarahAustin
Cultist
21 | -1
Unda wrote:
SarahAustin wrote:Add a stance to Merc barbs. Theyre pretty good but i think stances are the new aura pala in median so why not give them a stance? About balance, either increasing radius with lvl up, only for the merc only, or fixed radius.


Why you want that specific mercenary to be buffed and by what type of stance? If you had bad experience with using him then post gear setup you gave him and tell what kind of build he was supporting. Stance mechanic is that its shared with party in its stance radius so i dont get idea for it to be merc only as merc skill.

Akt 5 mercenary is very strong in its current state, also he can carry on attack/striking/kill procs, got decent utility skill Thunder Slam/Shower of Rocks and Gift of the Wild buff, even can drop army of meatshields.


Kiddo, this is the suggestion corner. I can say what i want. Its an idea. I dont know what aura/stance would be balance for single/team barb.
User avatar
Gekko64
Astral Guardian
1938 | 100
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Merc can't use stance anyway since he can't assign it to RMB