Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
patlefort wrote:How is it better? Now I'll have to always hold a key whenever I want to stop moving and my character will always attack so I have to wait between animations to move again. It's also extremely counter intuitive. How about giving people the choice? More options the better.

When did I say my way ever better than yours? I was just proposing a new way to do it. Be less defensive please. Try before complaining. That's all I'm saying. Would you rather click endlessly or hold shift for 1-2 seconds at a time? You pick.
patlefort
Sasquatch
63 | 1
LHawkins1 wrote:
patlefort wrote:How is it better? Now I'll have to always hold a key whenever I want to stop moving and my character will always attack so I have to wait between animations to move again. It's also extremely counter intuitive. How about giving people the choice? More options the better.

When did I say my way ever better than yours? I was just proposing a new way to do it. Be less defensive please. Try before complaining. That's all I'm saying. Would you rather click endlessly or hold shift for 1-2 seconds at a time? You pick.

But I'm suggesting things for the new client and you come here saying you can do X so I'm interpreting it as you being defensive for that mechanic. You could have said that you agree or you are ok with the suggestion and here's how you can do it in the current client.
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Remove the Challenges. That is just a slap in the face to the pacing. I know Marco and the team know's this, I'm basically just saying I agree.

I agree as fuck, upvoted ur post, challenges like BRC were always annoying things pushing me off from chars like Pal/Dru where locked skills are must have.
Akak_
Pit Knight
109 | 0
challenges are a good part of a game!!! dont follow d3 or wow pattern with "lets make it a casual game" <- it all sucks hard!!!
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
There is a reason 500 attribute challenge was removed in the past.

Challenges are neat but level restrictions are bad. Veterans know that with 9k+ def you can steamroll trough Tran and with enough res k3ba and the Binding of Baal becomes a joke, but most newbies don't. And you level so quickly in MXL that they will most likely miss some challenges.

BRC is fine mostly but Trial of Blood is just gay. And as said pretty much a must to complete for Paladins and Druids.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Heathen wrote:Remove the Challenges. That is just a slap in the face to the pacing. I know Marco and the team know's this, I'm basically just saying I agree.

IDK, I kinda saw Challenges as little tests for the player, or even something akin to Median's own Act bosses (game within a game kinda thing)--like saying, "okay kid, you've made it this far, now let's see if you've learned anything" or "if you can't at least do this, you may as well pack it in and go home, 'cause you ain't gonna survive what's to come."

I like the concept of Challenges, but do agree that the whole backtracking to do LC1, then rushing forward to do LC2, all while not forgetting to do Ennead does kill the pacing.

Heathen wrote:Witches do not add enjoyment to the game.

This may be the truest thing ever said.
Tybxx7
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
OK.

After I saw several newcomers leaving Median XL and upcoming patches, I experienced some serious insights into the very early stage of the game.

The very first 0-20 minutes of a game decide whether the new player wants to play further, or - as I experienced too much already- leaves. Probably forever. Considering how old DIablo II is, how unlikely it is to find to the mod by coincidence, and the rather complex install-progress, tis is a huge loss in playerbase.

So, there are a bunch of changes I like to see coming with Sigma, you already mentioned, Marco. Assuming how great the potential with our mod is, it is increasingly important to keep focus on the vief of a completly new player entering the new realms of great mod, Median XL and Sigma.

So, lets look at
the Information you receive by the very first 5 minutes:

► Show Spoiler

So, in order to prevent new playerbase to quit too early before they get into the game, I've come up to some ideas I've thought of the last years:

► Show Spoiler

Misc:

► Show Spoiler

Overall goal is to have a SIMPLE & EASY, FRESH start to Median. Heartly welcoming any new arrived player to World of Median.
Edited by Tybxx7 7 years.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
wut
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
^ What Fumbles said.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Tybxx7 wrote:
-PEARL OF WISDOMs.
- SKILLS.
- COMPLEX CUBE-RECIPES / CUBE RECIPE-ITEMS (Candles, Potions, ..) (still after years of Median I hate like 90% of them!)
- MYSTIC ORBS. Hell, I am glad to hear that Mystic Orb get End-Game related. I saw more than +10 people quitting Median Mod over the years I play - only because of overload to orbs.

To be fair, this mod isn't going to appeal people who don't enjoy the creative, puzzle esque stimulation of MO's anyway. Not everything is going to appeal to everyone, and that's ok.

Tybxx7 wrote:- INSTA-GIBS (Valthek, High Pois Cave-Snappers, Ice Clans, ... ]

Some are ok. In fact, to me, all or ok enough. But to me, there is strategy for every instagib. None are reeeally unavoidable. If you facetank a detonator, you kind of deserve that shit. Let your merc kill the Cave Snappers, and if you're melee, exploit his animation speed and hit him right after he misses a flash. Maybe difficult, but difficulty is incredibly subjective, and really tough to get right on an objective level. And if you don't enjoy the difficult ubers, don't do them. I don't. They don't appeal to me. But that doesn't mean I don't love this mod. They are there to cater to people who enjoy a good challenge, and l33ts, who bitch and moan about how easy everything is, and how large their epeens are. Just because all aspects of a game isn't your thing, doesn't mean the game is any worse for it when you have the sheer size of features that Median has.

Tybxx7 wrote:- INVISIBLE INSTA-GIBS, even worse. Dying to Cl0, entering Blood moor again and die to invisible death spiral. Done by newcomer x3 times. Garanteed quit.
- ENTERING UBER-LEVEL BY ACCIDENT / NO WARNING (Countess, anyone?)
- SHITTON OF DOCUMENTATION.
- OSKILLS/PROCS
- NEED FOR FULL RESISTANCES TO COMPLETE HATRED
- UNITUITIVE SYSTEM OF HONORIFICS / As Honoriffics add content to older players, it is barely ever used by new players. Should be easier and more obvious to achieve by CLEAR Cube-Recipes (w/o need to read documentation). Item that says "Cube-Reagent to create customisable Honorific items"
- LACK OF USING RUNEWORDS
- TOO MANY UNIQUES, UNUSEFUL ITEMS[/spoil]

Volrath? Please. If the occasional beam kills you, and you're mad enough to quit, you should sport a helmet to keep you safe irl.

I've never really accidentally jumped into an uber level, and I don't think it's a common problem.

Uhh, wut? Too much documentation? Is this real life?

I love Oskills. I love procs. So do many people. There are plenty of gear options that you can use which avoid them.

That's the least biggest deal you've stated yet. t5k and an honorific with resistance mo's, and you're fine.

Non intuitive honorifics? You don't even need intuition. It tells you right there what it does.

Single rune Runewords is maybe one of the coolest aspects of Median for me.

No unique is without value, considering arcane crystals.

Tybxx7 wrote:Whoever invented this, I want to tank you. Thank you for making a completly worthless gem of information. Coming with shitton of useless information right to the beginninf of Median will help nobody, ever. WHy would I need to know what Azmodan is at the start of my Median Career? I dont even know what a Uber is, or looks like. All I want to know is: What I have to do in THIS FREAKING MOMENT. PRESENT. No future-something Information right at the beginning slamming at my face, please, bro.

It's really not a big deal dude. Don't look at them or read them. No need to state an avoidable issue.

Tybxx7 wrote:Who reads Peals anyways? Grey coloured font. God. Is this implented to be not read?
QQ_Quiz-Question: Did you ever go outside and read something on a pearl? Tbh, I didnt. I read books maybe. No Pearls.

-> Remove Median Statue.

LCO. And regardless, who cares dude, how does median statue's lack of purpose even trigger you? Just drop it.

I agree with very few points here, but I mean no disrespect by it. I'm just stating perspective that may help realize how non problematic that these "problems" are.
Edited by Heathen 7 years.