Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
a2 merc in clod had aura, even tho he couldnt assign to rmb.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
notforkeeps wrote:a2 merc in clod had aura, even tho he couldnt assign to rmb.

whatever stance merc have, the player will get free which is just way too op even tho mercs r super strong right now anyway, just give it
The Defender
Long Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (139 - 187) to (185 - 244)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
+100% Bonus Fire Damage to Retaliate
Adds (40 to 70)-(80 to 120) Damage
(50 to 100)% Bonus to Attack Rating
5% Life stolen per Hit
+(120 to 160)% Enhanced Damage
+(10 to 20) to Retaliate
(10 to 20)% to Strength
Physical Resist 5%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (6)
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
AlphaMagnum
Cultist
21 | 1
Posted similar feedback in 1.2 feedback thread but repeating here for visibility:

Make Broadside great again! Made an account just to post this because I used to play way back in Median 2k8 days and I miss the 3/2 weapon damage massacres I could make with Broadside. Suggestions I have:

1) Boost weapon damage coefficient
2) Reduce base cooldown AND self-synergy with extra points to reduce reliance on + max skills
3) Boost Ways damage (adjust growth formula maybe?)

What I mean by #2 is going from:
CURRENTLY: 20s base cooldown - 0.4 per hard point (floor of 6s)
NEW VER: 10s base cooldown - 0.2 per hard point (floor of 6s)

So it's still beneficial to have a higher skill cap, but the skill itself is roughly usable from the start as opposed to locking you out for forever and a day. Obviously the specific numbers can be tweaked as required, but I think making a change like this would make the skill more viable throughout the game.

With regards to #3, other posters have already commented about how the skills scale seemingly exponentially, making it only really useful with maxed out end game gear. Adjusting the numbers to grow more evenly would be nice and make the skills more useful both throughout the levelling process as well as upon hitting level 120 but before maxing out charms and gear.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
SarahAustin wrote:
Unda wrote:
SarahAustin wrote:Add a stance to Merc barbs. Theyre pretty good but i think stances are the new aura pala in median so why not give them a stance? About balance, either increasing radius with lvl up, only for the merc only, or fixed radius.

Why you want that specific mercenary to be buffed and by what type of stance? If you had bad experience with using him then post gear setup you gave him and tell what kind of build he was supporting. Stance mechanic is that its shared with party in its stance radius so i dont get idea for it to be merc only as merc skill.

Akt 5 mercenary is very strong in its current state, also he can carry on attack/striking/kill procs, got decent utility skill Thunder Slam/Shower of Rocks and Gift of the Wild buff, even can drop army of meatshields.

Kiddo, this is the suggestion corner. I can say what i want. Its an idea. I dont know what aura/stance would be balance for single/team barb.

If you want to be taken seriously stop "Kiddo" crap when answering to someone. It was not me who neg your post and i asked what was behind your suggestion because you didnt made a good argument for such change. Not sure if you had in mind only cosmetic change or you had an real issues with that merc, thats why my questions. FYI this is also discussion thread so be prepared that any ideas you post can be impugned or supported and if you want your suggestion to be real deal then try to convince public with pros you see in that change or answering "whys?" coming from players.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Timerless OHMAN. Make Bow Sorc OP.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:Timerless OHMAN. Make Bow Sorc OP.

Timerless? I didn't think it had a timer. Just 9k mana cost
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Sadly, yeah. The bow I was playing around with had lvl 44(?) OHMAN with a 1.6s timer.
AlphaMagnum
Cultist
21 | 1
I'll add a concern about assassin survivability here as well.

it seems the assassin has a fair bit of trouble on this front until getting totally maxed out. Relying on max block (with tons of FBR so as not to get locked) as well as avoid means you're really only decently survivable when fully maxed out. And even then the assassin still gets 1- or 2-shot. That would be fine if it could deal enough damage to tear through enemies quickly and compensate for the squishiness but this simply isn't the case currently and you end up struggling and dying lots, which isn't great fun.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
AlphaMagnum wrote:I'll add a concern about assassin survivability here as well.

it seems the assassin has a fair bit of trouble on this front until getting totally maxed out. Relying on max block (with tons of FBR so as not to get locked) as well as avoid means you're really only decently survivable when fully maxed out. And even then the assassin still gets 1- or 2-shot. That would be fine if it could deal enough damage to tear through enemies quickly and compensate for the squishiness but this simply isn't the case currently and you end up struggling and dying lots, which isn't great fun.

Perfect being avoid chance was increased at lower levels to compensate for assassin's squishiness, it normalizes to around 50% later on at level 120
rabsia
Skeleton
3 | 0
1. remove hit recovery and block animation plz......this is a fast-paced game, much more monster attacks and damage than clod. Be interrupted in such an ARPG is just terrible......

2. if it's not make sense, remove block animation plz......

3. if even this is not make sense, check avoid before block plz......Why i must block the attack first if i have a big change to avoid it?