Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
neocrescent wrote:if its possible bring back the jewel dupe recipe.....

what a horrible idea. single player exists for stuff like that.
neocrescent
Cog
225 | 3
L H wrote:

correct me if im wrong, are you saying that sp players dupe items all the time so putting back the dupe recipe is just a waste of time? im a sp player and i dont dupe items, i only dupe items if its allowed by the recipe. items like umo and other equips i get them from farming and trading with other players in the old forums.
nshade
Destroyer
7 | 0
aerial wrote:What I think kind of sucks on sin is ways, their damage number seems low, if you compare to for example barb. Max daedalus + 1pt thundergod barb already gets about same or more damage than maxed wotg.
Stacking double -enemy resist is tricky, as wdm sin that ignores poison, you want fire + lightning. You really have to go for "-enemy all resist" mod on items in that case to be efficient. And then cold pierce is "wasted" because you don't even have cold damage passive. I get that this was also bad when sin had 3 elemental ways, since then people just dumped almost all skill points into them and there was nothing left to invest in actual active skills.

I have an idea. The "Ways" should be just a one passive skill in a general tree. But instead of adding a full rainbow damage it should add a particular elements depending on what weapon you are using and certain skills would give synergies to this skill.

For example:
- one claw: bonus spell dmg (most likely you are making a trapsin or psy-sin) spell bonus damage would be small but increased by investing into certain skills (some skills raise phys/mag, some give cold spell bonus)
- two claws: flat fire/lightning/cold damage, again certain skills in the claw tree will enhance the damage of a certain element.
- throwing knife: poison dmg, -poison resist, small flat magic dmg (?)
- nagi: laserblade passive goes here (as an alternative nagi can be same as two claws)

This can actually open 3 slots for additional skills that can be added to the sin.

Thanks for reading
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
nshade wrote:I have an idea. The "Ways" should be just a one passive skill in a general tree. But instead of adding a full rainbow damage it should add a particular elements depending on what weapon you are using and certain skills would give synergies to this skill.

Thanks for reading

IMO, rainbow damage like Fire/Cold/Light + Magic + Poison + Physical would be better for one-skill-only usage. They can do all areas without skill changing, but as you can see they perform worse on general area like TA.

If it's possible, my suggestion is to change them as added X% of physical damage as X element rather than flat damage. This would allow one way scaling damage with %Enhanced Weapon damage, with -%res to focus the damage.

I still doubt that %poison spell damage will increase damage source like Curare/Ways, and even if it does i think the wording should be changed to %Increased Poison Damage. You know, PoE style, as it is very specific and straightforward.
SarahAustin
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Stereox wrote:
nshade wrote:I have an idea. The "Ways" should be just a one passive skill in a general tree. But instead of adding a full rainbow damage it should add a particular elements depending on what weapon you are using and certain skills would give synergies to this skill.

Thanks for reading

IMO, rainbow damage like Fire/Cold/Light + Magic + Poison + Physical would be better for one-skill-only usage. They can do all areas without skill changing, but as you can see they perform worse on general area like TA.

If it's possible, my suggestion is to change them as added X% of physical damage as X element rather than flat damage. This would allow one way scaling damage with %Enhanced Weapon damage, with -%res to focus the damage.

I still doubt that %poison spell damage will increase damage source like Curare/Ways, and even if it does i think the wording should be changed to %Increased Poison Damage. You know, PoE style, as it is very specific and straightforward.

If anything, merge the way passives into one with all elements and make it a uber skill, it should use the have another source thing from amazon bow passive. Then have poison way as a regular one.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
neocrescent wrote:
L H wrote:

correct me if im wrong, are you saying that sp players dupe items all the time so putting back the dupe recipe is just a waste of time? im a sp player and i dont dupe items, i only dupe items if its allowed by the recipe. items like umo and other equips i get them from farming and trading with other players in the old forums.

Many SP players dupe items, yes. putting that recipe into TSW would kill ladder even faster, since no one would have to farm for anything beyond one perfect jewel.

stuff like that has to be considered for multiplayer as well, not just needs on single player since you can basically do anything you want on single player anyways. I understand your desire for it, but it would be kinda dumb if you can just make 1 perfect roll jewel like 15% fhr/ias, 20% MF, 50 life, indestructible and just immediatly make 12 copies of it to fill gear.
neocrescent
Cog
225 | 3
L H wrote:
neocrescent wrote:
L H wrote:

Many SP players dupe items, yes. putting that recipe into TSW would kill ladder even faster, since no one would have to farm for anything beyond one perfect jewel.

stuff like that has to be considered for multiplayer as well, not just needs on single player since you can basically do anything you want on single player anyways. I understand your desire for it, but it would be kinda dumb if you can just make 1 perfect roll jewel like 15% fhr/ias, 20% MF, 50 life, indestructible and just immediatly make 12 copies of it to fill gear.

ok ok.... i was already expecting this kind of reply.
nshade
Destroyer
7 | 0
SarahAustin wrote:If anything, merge the way passives into one with all elements and make it a uber skill, it should use the have another source thing from amazon bow passive. Then have poison way as a regular one.

I was thinking that dividing the elements bonus damage flat or % per weapon type and spread synergy across different skills would give more creativity to building a character, rather than having yet another obligatory smax skill for every build
SarahAustin
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
neocrescent wrote:ok ok.... i was already expecting this kind of reply.

Then why even ask? Just because you dont dupe in sp doesnt mean others dont. Hell, i do it sometimes, thats what sp is for, not caring about balance.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
A boss that is pretty much like laz, he has a shield that needs to be hit 5 times for him to die. Basically the laz fight and you have to hit purify 5 times (no gay avoid) in a row without dying. Of course no groupies and totems but other stuff. Maybe assur with magic damage and those instakill magic missiles from Quov tsin on blink.

I also would like to see the stones in the stony field get used for something, just the sprites in a new uber. Like purify them to activate them while fighting some boss to open a portal... or whenever you kill one a boss appears...

Rekindle some more places from d1?

Also the fireplace in a4 behind tyrael should lead somewhere.

Also some better mechanic for toraja, I hate farming with edyrem and I need so fucking many aube runes...