Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
darkstorm wrote:any other great traps to be discovered in median left, LH?

carnarius
Destroyer
7 | 0
i think it would be nice if we could do something with trophies we don't need anymore and get something useful instead. for example:
trophy + oil of craft -> signet of skill
or
trophy + oil of craft -> greater signet of learning

well, there are many possibilities
aguni
Rust Claw
80 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'd like to see a waypoint system for ubers or a way to summon the bosses like in earlier patches. Thematically I really like the Torajan jungles and Caldeum and more ubers having their own place in the game world. Gameplay wise, when I'm planning to kill a boss 50+ times for the trophy... Well, not so much.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
aguni wrote:I'd like to see a waypoint system for ubers or a way to summon the bosses like in earlier patches. Thematically I really like the Torajan jungles and Caldeum and more ubers having their own place in the game world. Gameplay wise, when I'm planning to kill a boss 50+ times for the trophy... Well, not so much.

New wps are planned but they cant be implemented ingame before sigma.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
PhoenixRising
Stone Warrior
32 | 7
honestly, i'd just wish the skills were actually relevant to the lore again. For instance, where in the books can you find the Followers of Rathma ( Necromancers) being able to use crossbows, while the trademark Teeth of Trang'oul isn't there? Same with Lifetap and similar spells. Really curious what made this change to non-lore skills, if it was due to a lack of skills from the books, or it was some other reason.
silicondream
Lava Lord
95 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hello everyone! I want to share with you guys my idea.
silicondream wrote:I was playing mostly hardcore the last several seasons both sp and on realm. I felt both of the aspects. If there is a way to put this into the game like an option many people will feal great. Those that are hindered and the ones that rejoice. I will adress this in the suggestions for the next patch thread.

First I want to say that I have absolutely no clue how hard this is going to be if it is even possible to script.

1.If it is possible to choose to recover corpse from town or from the place of your death.
This choice you will be able to make will bring a new optional challage into the game.For all those vet players and for all that want to stop farming ubers but rather farm xp and race to the top of the ladder.
For hardocre players it won't be much of an issue but they got their hands full with challanges.
For them we can make another option for increasing the xp by 2 or something else that will be cool and will help them a bit.
It will be again totally optional.
This option and many other ideas if possible will be available only for realm play. Promoting the mod and expanding the community!
Those two should be major benchmarks for any new ideas.

2.If it is not possible.
Well if it is not possible we can always come up with something new and cool to shine with.
People here are smart and creative and not before long SIGMA will be the star in the night sky it will be like a pillar standing tall on top of a mountain of mods.All the hard work during all those years will give fruit.
A golden apple for the masses.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I think it's possible, but it would mean extra coding that would sit in the way of the main goals that the devs are working towards right now.

Also, though its a neat idea, I don't think it will get implemented simply because of the core argument that it would likely provide an unfair advantage in speed and efficiency for those playing with corpse and those who have to retrieve.
DerWeedologe
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Would there be a On/Off switch for "/no pickup"? On the Inventory Page...
That would be great.
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
DerWeedologe wrote:Would there be a On/Off switch for "/no pickup"? On the Inventory Page...
That would be great.

The D2StatsReader has a function to automatically turn on /nopickup built into it. You could use that :D
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I think we need some more hotkeys or macro's. For example: Press Button "L" (or some other unused button) in order to invite everyone in your game to your party. That way you can easily add someone who just joined your game without disturbing the flow of the game too much. (I know it's not disturbing the game too much, but when I Tcow people, it's often left to me to invite the people, even though I'm the one killing and the others do nothing except standing around somewhere, ignoring people who just recently joined. That's annoying.)

I don‘t want an option to autoinvite everyone. Because when I level up I do want players at the same level range and my high level friends to be able to join my games, but I don‘t want some high level randoms to rush me. Inviting them would only give them the illusion of me wanting to be rushed.