Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
can it be coded in such way that on hatred you can have drops of t1 to t6 gear , terror drops just t6 and sacreds and destruction only sacreds ?

if you reached terror i see no point in needing to find t2 gear .

if you reached destruction , then you are only interested in sacreds , be it whites , rares , SU's or sets . nothing else

i don't know if terror can be coded that way , but since hatred cannot drop sacreds , then i think destruction can be made that it don't drop tiers .

my 2 cents
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
t1 to t6 for hatred seems excessive, but I agree with the general idea
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
if we count the ubers you can find t6 gear in hatred as it is now , so there's nothing excessive to be changed for that difficulty . the real changes should come for terror and destruction as there's a big load of crapy drops that doesn't help anyone at anything , it actualy makes the important drops less visible on the ground.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
"Ladder will end faster!" -comments incoming.

In general I like the idea. But I see one big issue with that: All uniques that drop in Destruction will be sacred uniques that way. And sometimes Tiered items are actually better than sacred items.

imo hatred is fine as it is, terror could be changed to "no T1 and T2 items" and Destruction to "No T1-T4 items". That would leave some sort of diversity in destruction.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
whoever wants to have TU's there's still the gambling available to get the desired item and turn it into unique + people have 2 difficulties (hatred + terror) to gather those that they require (there are just a few worth using in destruction anyway) . people can also always go back to hatred or terror and get a tier and turn it into unique if they don't like gambling . and that won't hurt imo since most of the game is just a rush to destruction .

regarding that all uniques get to be SU's in destruction , the SU's can drop anywhere in destruction already , so we might aswell keep the same chance to drop a SU as it is now and it won't be any difference .

your suggestion of no t1-t2 terror and no t3-t4 destruction will make no difference to the fact that there are tons of useless drops . you will just have tons of crapy t4 drops instead , which is just as crapy . won't solve anything

again , there is no reason why someone would need/want a tier below 6 after they reach terror . it makes no sense .
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:whoever wants to have TU's there's still the gambling available to get the desired item and turn it into unique + people have 2 difficulties (hatred + terror) to gather those that they require (there are just a few worth using in destruction anyway) . people can also always go back to hatred or terror and get a tier and turn it into unique if they don't like gambling . and that won't hurt imo since most of the game is just a rush to destruction .

regarding that all uniques get to be SU's in destruction , the SU's can drop anywhere in destruction already , so we might aswell keep the same chance to drop a SU as it is now and it won't be any difference .

So you want to make whole desctruction a1-a5 to be like duncraig but not with bias for sacred but 100% success for sacred and in the same time you claim it will not make any difference?
For starters: Every single player on Realm would make MF jewels as soon as he start dest, and they would start farming most crowded areas (probably a5 feels the best place). Change like that might have huge impact on game balance, trading and faster access to rarest uniques in game. I highly doubt modmakers wants to make game so easy (judging by the fact they nerfed some builds and charms already).
My guess is some players might even stop trying to get charms and just farm normal areas instead of uber locations to find desired items first.

Another thing is using drop filter is hiding tiered items so that is not a problem.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Well, tbh I didn't think of TU's when I posted my opinion.

Rare or magic Staves for example can have good rolls because they don't require a high weapon damage to be useful. A T1 staff can have the exact same useful stats as a sacred staff with 2 differences: Number of sockets and dex/str requirement. The same goes for circlets in case of casters. Less points into dex --> more points into energy --> more damage & Less mana reg mystic orbs required.

The only way to farm those with your suggestion would be gambling. Farming them in Hatred? Not possible thanks to ilvl. Farming them in destruction? Nope not possible anymore, since those are only sacred. Farming them in terror? Nope sorry, you can only get a T6 staff/circlet, so you still need at least 147 dex in case of circlets.

Especially when you're just starting ubers, the difference between sacred and tiered items can be astonishing. Sometimes I put a runeword rather into a T6 armor just so I can get a higher block chance thanks to 500 points more dex for example so I go from 4% block chance to 20%. Having to buy all those base items from gheed sucks. That way you spend more time in town instead of playing the game.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
you do realise that there are enough people out there right now that prefere to farm the crowded spots of act 5 instead of duncraig ?

also , judging on the below known fact , the feedback based on what happens/could happen on realm makes very little sense since you're just very few out there . the changes should please the majority , not the minority .

► Show Spoiler
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:you do realise that there are enough people out there right now that prefere to farm the crowded spots of act 5 instead of duncraig ?

also , judging on the below known fact , the feedback based on what happens/could happen on realm makes very little sense since you're just very few out there . the changes should please the majority , not the minority .

► Show Spoiler

I get it - You want to imbalance whole Realm because you play SP I would like to know how many SP players donate frequently to get some TG.. oh wait they will have no way to spend it...
one of the modmakers once said that without TG system we might not have servers, nor frequent patches nor sigma progress.. make a pick then

PS. And last time I checked SP drops are 'back to normal', no reason to increase it, still plenty of more important tasks to do.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
nobody asked for increased drops , you are missunderstanding . the problem is about the crapy drops that everyone ignores .

oh and , i'd prefer 1 patch well put togather at every 6 or 8 months than a patch that does half the job every 3 months .