Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
UHM is strong as fuck from start to end. Too strong.
Holydin requires some serious rework, mostly on single target department.
Azzrael
Prowler
19 | 0
UHM only needs a malthael set to be a great farmer for everything indeed,the game really starts after you get blessed life

but i dont think he needs a nerf...
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Jampula wrote:
Pinball wrote:You mean should nerf UHC or tantrum? And what skills from that pal build?

Unholy everything basically. You get just too much from skills alone, Stormlord for mad attributes, Tainted Blood for serious tdef/regen, Blessed Life for DR/epic dmg reduced, 3sec teleport with freeze. With melee you can charm and with Hymn and ~200FHR you are pretty much immortal.

Don't even get me started with Sacred Armor. But that is luckily under construction AFAIK.

Edit: Oh yeah, ridiculous dmg of VoR, skill speed from Rapture and near immortal Hoplites.

Actually I think the other parts of the class need to be brought up to the level of UMP/UHC. It's a lot more fun to play than the holy version.

In fact I think UHC is a good example of a tree to aim for in terms of balance with every tree in the game.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I agree as Sigma is supposed to be more newbie-friendly.
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Marco does know exactly what's wrong. All da stuffs will be fixed.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
illusion
Gravedigger
188 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
King wrote:A price list would never work. Prices change so drastically that it would be too tedious to change. On the flip side, some items that are useless to most people (but rare) would have a low price when the right person comes you wouldn't get much for it. Think of it like... Pantheras bite, good for one build, someone would prob trade it for a horned hunter if they hated pounce and love bow, yet horned hunter is a lot more common than pantheras. I've did a lot of thinking of stabilizing prices, but that would require that the top 10 tg holders agree to set prices which would help control it; but then when it comes to who to buy void from, the competition begins and people lower prices to draw buyers. I don't see this ever changing. I'm open to suggestions and would love set prices; but good luck.

its possible to compile a spreadsheet with prices (based on usefulness rarity demand etc), and multiply them all by some factor.
as the ladder season progresses just tweak the factor to lower all prices but keep the ratio between the items.
maybe even a multi factor thing (coz some items will always have a high demand - so the high end items will be multiplied by a different factor than the common sus).

in the end, ppl will have a relative idea what items are worth in terms of ingame trade and for tg trades.. and all that has to be done is tweak a few factors to change the prices
Nepra
Destroyer
6 | 0
Please fix second weapon offensive stats during dual wielding.
Please fix runemaster defense count so re-equipping individual pieces of gear wont be needed.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
If I could suggest something, it would be some tiered progression in the mod. It is not easy to implement, would require tons of work, but with damage cap removed and all the new features it probably is possibe.
I'm talking about moving away from classic diablo progression theme, where everything can drop everywhere, and to prolong "ladder experience" you just globally nerf drop rates everywhere. Which in my opinion isn't always fun. Instead if there were areas dropping certain loot, that is powerful enough to "unlock" your way to harder zones, that drop even better items and so on. This way drop doesn't have to be punishingly low, you gonna keep finding stuff, but at the same time there is progression ahead of you. It also allows to include most areas into the farming pattern, as you had to go through if not all then most of them, in order to obtain the items and eventually get to the final hardest zones.
I'm aware this requires major overhaul. But maybe at least something from this idea could make into the game at some point.

Another thing that i personally dislike about the game, and I've been saying this for long time, are morphs. Unless this is the only way to create a skill that alters character breakpoints, I think it would be better to limit the amount of morphs. I'm sure it must be nice way convince some new people to the mod, lured back to diablo by nostalgia, and when they see screenshots/videos of morphs they can't resist to try it. But after some time, you see that character you are controlling has one same animation for everything, casting and attacking, even its movement looks very clunky, looks like sliding through the map. All the work put into different look of unqiue items, colors, light effects, are wasted because item looks have no impact on morph appearance. Same goes for different weapon attacks animations that are in the game by default. I'm aware this request doen't affect mechanics of the game, it refers strictly to visual side. But even for me, who played this game for such long time, and my main focus was playing with game mechanics, experimenting with builds, optimizing clear speeds and so on. I just always had this feeling, when i played morphed characters that it is missing a lot of original d2 features, explained above. Often times it made me not to play morph build. And if you follow that rule now, with so many morphs in the mod, there is not that many builds left to choose from.
If you take for example superbeast. Is it possible in sigma, to add some glowing effect, overlay, that indicates superbeast buff, change the breakpoints to faster, like morph does, but at the same time keep appearance of original paladin with all the gear?
I'd personally keep morphs to some specific easter egg uniques and not make it main theme, that every second tree has its own morph.

Oh, and of course don't treat this as suggestion for new small patch, just my general point of view. I know these things would require major changes and lot of work, this isn't material for small balance patch.
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
aerial wrote:I'm talking about moving away from classic diablo progression theme, where everything can drop everywhere, and to prolong "ladder experience" you just globally nerf drop rates everywhere. Which in my opinion isn't always fun. Instead if there were areas dropping certain loot, that is powerful enough to "unlock" your way to harder zones, that drop even better items and so on. This way drop doesn't have to be punishingly low, you gonna keep finding stuff, but at the same time there is progression ahead of you. It also allows to include most areas into the farming pattern, as you had to go through if not all then most of them, in order to obtain the items and eventually get to the final hardest zones.

@Marco, whist: So here's an absolutely crazy idea. Remember how you guys were talking about introducing a new stat for bosses that would reduce all damage they take by some factor? Like "All damage reduced by 100" or whatever?
...would it be possible to make that a player stat too? So you'd start with a 'global damage divisor' or whatever of 1, then after doing some farming in early ubers you raise it to 2, then 3, and so on? That would allow you to massively scale the damage monsters do in different ubers, and make it a huge challenge to gear in the right order. You wouldn't be able to just go to the "best farming uber" because you'd get utterly destroyed by 10x your hitpoints in damage, instead you'd have to farm enough to progress slowly.

:-]

aerial wrote:Another thing that i personally dislike about the game, and I've been saying this for long time, are morphs. Unless this is the only way to create a skill that alters character breakpoints, I think it would be better to limit the amount of morphs.

As I've told you a lot of times, I don't really care whether morphs are in the game or not. (I think the current Assassin morph looks fugly, but that's more a dislike of that one model, not morphs in general). Just sharing that with the rest here :P
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
[xzibit meme]

Yo dawg,
We heard you like to farm, so we put more farm into your farm.

[/xzibit meme]