Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
lubronbrons wrote:another bad cookie.... haha
they are not important regardless if positive or negative . don't worry about them , they got no value . i got 106 negs just for being hated /speaking my mind . you can ignore them , same as you can ignore the cunts and trolls . you can click on the name of the trolls , their profile opens , and you can select "add foe" so that you won't see what they are posting since it has no importance anyway.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
hellgrind wrote:@Anonymous
Game engine limitation.

Ok, can i switch stances to left mouse button ? Have few ideas for my future builds and this situation really puts me into a pickle.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Yea i WISH you could set stances to left mouse and treat it as the Move Only function while keeping the aura but yea as mentioned apperantly its not possible because of the game engine, maybe with Sigma.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I will not cut your posts and will be not answering with quotes to avoid wall of text, so I believe you will get it right on which of your problems Im focusing and aiming at.

lubronbrons wrote:(...)

I created new toon, walked to Charsi and she offered:
► Show Spoiler

Any next visits at Charsi with lvl1 characters was same story with one or both types of items at same time, so as you can see even class specific item such as Hexblade with qlvl6 (aka quality level) wasnt any problem to roll on shop screen, because formula for shopping from NPC's is ilvl = clvl+5.

Conclusions and answer: Obtaining Necro Scythe, Necro Dagger and Crossbow (regular xbow is more than enough for necro) isnt any problem at clvl1 with basic gold from Signet of Gold.

---

To get Naginata (Tier 1 is qlvl9) easiest way I decided ill go with gambling, so leveling thru Blood Moor, Den of Evil, Cold Plains to Burial Grounds should get you to clvl9 easily, if not just clean Crypt or Mausoleum and its done. As assassin using starting weapon Katar + Innate Skill (Bloodbath) its very easy even without using single point on your tree. During leveling process to clvl9 I found x4 Runes, x3 Apples, x3 Jewels, x2 Amus and x1 Ring which easily can be cashed (runes/jewels socketed into throwing axes/knifes and resell, rest of loot got high value too, apples 5k but cap in Act1 hatred is 2k) for 20k gold (fair enough to even get you one mystic orb and save gold for Oil of Craft to open first Griswold Box). Back to obtaining Naginata, so after clvl9 I opened Gheed's gambling screen three times and voila:
► Show Spoiler

Estimated time less than 30minutes (without Tristram and doing that quest, I only mentioned Oil of Craft because you get enough gold for it with loot to open Griswold Box).

Conclusions and answer: Leveling with assassin White Katar and Bloodbath innate skill (without using any points yet) is very easy and safe, fast attack speed and health after kill from buff. Whole process of obtaining Naginata isnt time consuming at all and can be part of your normal leveling and play. Cost of gambling Naginata is cheap af.

Both above test runs show that yours hours and days statement isnt true for any of Tier 1 gear. All you need is just to read Base Items and Quality levels of items you need, plus basic infos from classic diablo about shopping/gambling result formulas.

You said you stuck at requirement but its also easy to get mystic orbs with stats, during Crypt run you get bunch of jewels/runes/jewelry drop which can easily let you buy few mystic orbs.

---

About your Elitists statement, seriously you got here only one neg (it was one at least when I was writing down that answer) and you act like your live depend on it. I cant tell what people who neg you had in mind in multires topic or here but my guess is that someone neg you there because you was continuing talking in public about that you will keep doing editing files. It was against rules which someone pointed out there with Code of Conduct and I gave you link to [2017] Core Announcement thread where developers clearly said about their intentions with disabling all 3rd party software in future and that multires removal was one of first steps in that direction. Of course you can say you want do it only on Single Player, but maybe devs dont wish that patches with their recent work where multires was abandoned potentially can be uploaded on youtube or anywhere else with multires or any not allowed oficially tool and no matter if Multiplayer or SP. Dont get me wrong but maybe those who neg you earlier did it because at first in their eyes it was "oh another silly post/thread about 'tweaking stuff' ". I dont think anybody holding grief for you after multires topic, you explained there what you wanted to explain at end and finito, life goes on.

---

My personal opinion is I would happily answer to your current or future posts/questions/suggestions but keep it straight to the point, this and that isnt working as intended or i checked/tested this and that so those changes would be nice or whatever, but without dramatizing over neg because community here is very helpful comparing to other toxic places over internet (reddit etc.). Probably when you met some dumbass at shop or at bus, you simple forgetting about it once you left, apply it here it wont hurt you. Cheers.

Edit: Forgot to add that soon gambling screen will have roll button, so who knows maybe regular shopping NPC's also get one.
► Show Spoiler
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
first Thank you so much for in-depth insight good Unda

as your long post goes one crucial statement you said "Estimated time less than 30minutes" (for one character and each weapon???)
how long to take the whole test? -- and this... still not counting build factor,
char BUILDs is what really we want to tests hopefully not some crazy roll and that relogin thing...
sorry that's no good for several of my friends
I am afraid in case you miss it
in my previous post I wrote
I've got several busy people friends
pretty sure they would say 8 up to 9 from 10 hassle for signet gold system, since they don't have much time to play

nevermind though it seems my reasoning couldn't get through
I could see that several of you mention "easy to do that"
while....
for us NOOB "that is hassle, so I drop it" -- that's what several my friends said a sad fact
care to take just 'a moment' to see things from our perspective ? please

about dramatizing that is intentional sorry but I think maybe... this is just maybe,
I could protect other newbie welfare too by doing this since I become a punching bag so other newbies got more room for voicing their own statements
who knows I could be a newbie welfare protection in here right ?
coz life is so unpredictable
maybe I could hunt those Elitits Trolls and ban them for a week or month something like that,
their doing is bad business for upper echelon here too, less customers less profit
since they pretty much discouraging many newbies, and it seem they keep enjoying doing that
and you are right about that
I still not seen more worse environment than this, since my country ban reddit -- it's government political doing
based on your statement I could see that reddit IS the troll NESTs it seems...

EDIT : btw !!! your D2 UI inventory screen etc etc is so pretty Unda :)
Edited by lubronbrons 5 years.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
There are separated sections of my earlier post with "---" so "Estimated time less than 30minutes" was time needed for fresh assassin playing from scratch to obtain Naginata from gambling. For sorceress Warp Sword qlvl19 it would take more due to leveling further plus gambling, but there is ofc chance you get TU from Griswold Box earlier while doing Tristram runs to level up.

I understand your point of view (and your friends), its always hard to start new game with mod which got changed many mechanics, but for some reason there are Documantation, New Player guide + Crafting Compendium in Guide Section of forum, Short Question Thread which all combined allowing you to start and learn to make your progress smooth. Tho i can imagine how hard it could be for someone who doesnt have access to all i mentioned and just play mod as virgin without any knowledge. In multiplayer people get knowledge very fast because if someone see their struggle, is open to help and instruct how-to or where to find informations.

As you can see that new UI is quoted straight from whist topic here.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Windform feels like aids on realm. Clunky, and just generally not worth using for anything other than exploiting its phasing mechanic.

Earthquake... yeah. Just make this skill better.

Sunstrike on Zon feels really unimpactful, and very unsatisfying to use. it could use faster projectile speed and an impact soundFX.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
lubronbrons wrote:first Thank you so much for in-depth insight good Unda

as your long post goes one crucial statement you said "Estimated time less than 30minutes" (for one character and each weapon??? how long to take the whole test? -- and this... still not counting build factor)
sorry that's no good for several of my friends
I am afraid in case you miss it
in my previous post I wrote
I've got several busy people friends
pretty sure they would say 8 up to 9 from 10 hassle for signet gold system, since they don't have much time to play

nevermind though it seems my reasoning couldn't get through
I could see that several of you mention "easy to do that"
while....
for us NOOB "that is hassle, so I drop it" -- that's what several my friends said a sad fact
care to take just 'a moment' to see things from our perspective ? please

about dramatizing that is intentional sorry but I think maybe... this is just maybe,
I could protect other newbie welfare too by doing this since I become a punching bag so other newbies got more room for voicing their own statements
who knows I could be a newbie welfare protection in here right ?
maybe I could hunt those Elitits Trolls and ban them for a week or month something like that,
since they pretty much discouraging many newbies, and it seem they keep enjoying doing that
their doing is bad business for upper echelon here too, less customers less profit
life is so unpredictable
and you are right about that
I still not seen more worse environment than this, since my country ban reddit -- it's government political doing

EDIT : btw !!! your D2 UI inventory screen etc etc is so pretty Unda :)

Paragraphs and punctuation are your friends
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
Goodkidscc wrote:Paragraphs and punctuation are your friends

I like to keep writing like that, and I would say it is effective so far when I do that as a modder in Nexus for three years
and
pardon my funny English, am not native, and I don't have any RL English speaking friend
I think as long as many could understand and respond to it, will be just fine

Unda wrote:I understand your point of view (and your friends), its always hard to start new game with mod which got changed many mechanics, but for some reason there are Documantation, New Player guide + Crafting Compendium in Guide Section of forum, Short Question Thread which all combined allowing you to start and learn to make your progress smooth. Tho i can imagine how hard it could be for someone who doesnt have access to all i mentioned and just play mod as virgin without any knowledge. In multiplayer people get knowledge very fast because if someone see their struggle, is open to help and instruct how-to or where to find informations.

if you understand then that's good
I just hope it can be implemented just like what brother Laz did in 2012,
I think it seems he really care single player much more than mp
while New mxl is more at mp alignment now we could all see (maybe need to make separate version? a suggestion)
think about faithful mxl users that still using it from 15 years ago,
some of them might still love mxl in sp mode maybe (?)

and no... that guides in forum is so confusing,
in the end I and my friends agree that this is the best guide for general use --> https://docs.median-xl.com/
until we could play it by oneself without that guide anymore
so far the useful guide in forum is just :
- how to installs etc etc example such as this https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.p ... 0016e4bfad
- single page char Build, with many GOOD comments example like this viewtopic.php?t=5693
- and announcements
Done...

and ty for the link, will go check that later
Edited by lubronbrons 5 years.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
A couple suggestions:

> Being able to shift-click points into the Skill tree to max skills quickly could be handy for those times you need to respec or readjust Skill points.

> Might have mentioned this one before, but TPs have a delay between the time you step through it and the time you can return. Can something like that be added to red portals as well to prevent misclicking and bouncing back and forth between areas?