Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
mosamo wrote:Also I would suggest putting the shops back to the way they were, it just seems so messy having random people in each town having the orbs and oils.

Maybe, but lore-wise, it makes more sense the way it is now.

Gheed is a dealer in rare merchandise, Drognan is the town mystic, Alkor is the local alchemist, Halbu is the Fortress' armorer, and Larzuk loves to experiment. It makes sense that these NPCs would sell this kind of stuff.

Edit:
Forgot it was Halbu, not Jamella, who sells this stuff. And TBH, it could make just as much sense for Hratli to sell orbs/oils. It would be far more convenient, too.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:Fusillade's targeting mechanic could use some love. Would be cool if it would target the specific monster you click on. It could still just target things at random when you click an empty space, though.

It is weird in the mobs anyway. My fussilade doesn't seem to kill anyone (even thought wraithsword/bladestorm kills in a second so it's not about dmg) but my mercs (ranger) broadside just wipes everything out. Maybe I'm just in the hit recovery just when I cast it or something. Only time I found it useful is when I'm literally hugging a boss and no one else is around.
mosamo
Abomination
145 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:
mosamo wrote:Also I would suggest putting the shops back to the way they were, it just seems so messy having random people in each town having the orbs and oils.

Gheed is a dealer in rare merchandise, Drognan is the town mystic, Alkor is the local alchemist, Halbu is the Fortress' armorer, and Larzuk loves to experiment. It makes sense that these NPCs would sell this kind of stuff.

Edit:
Forgot it was Halbu, not Jamella, who sells this stuff. And TBH, it could make just as much sense for Hratli to sell orbs/oils. It would be far more convenient, too.

Lore wise that's true, but maybe in the future if they could place these NPC's around a central area the player would be (the chest) it would seem less like they are random people and be more convenient. I know it sounds like nit picking but it just doesn't feel right the way its set up right now.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Jampula wrote:
Solfege wrote:Fusillade's targeting mechanic could use some love. Would be cool if it would target the specific monster you click on. It could still just target things at random when you click an empty space, though.

It is weird in the mobs anyway. My fussilade doesn't seem to kill anyone (even thought wraithsword/bladestorm kills in a second so it's not about dmg) but my mercs (ranger) broadside just wipes everything out. Maybe I'm just in the hit recovery just when I cast it or something. Only time I found it useful is when I'm literally hugging a boss and no one else is around.

Yeah. I've been playing around with Fusillade a lot (especially in this new patch), and I still can't quite figure out how it works except that it seems to only target one thing at a time, and will keep spitting blades at that one thing until it's dead before targeting something else. I think it also has ND, b/c it should deal a lot more damage to single-targets than it seems to.

mosamo wrote:
Solfege wrote:

Edit:

Lore wise that's true, but maybe in the future if they could place these NPC's around a central area the player would be (the chest) it would seem less like they are random people and be more convenient. I know it sounds like nit picking but it just doesn't feel right the way its set up right now.

I don't think you're nit-picking. I think a lot of the "inconvenience-factor" is just re-learning who sells what now. But let's be honest, where Alkor is right now, going to him for anything is a pita. It's faster just to go to another act and buy stuff than it is to buy from him.
dannybats5
Invader
9 | 1
Any way to make the monsters in vizjun not spawn more would be interesting. So I can go and safely get drops.
mosamo
Abomination
145 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
[deleted]
Edited by mosamo 6 years.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
As usual, my complaint with median is always the end-mid endgame where you got all basic charm and farming signet until 500. While early endgame can be judge on how well you able to clear easy uber + getting their charm (which usually required you to switch around skill / gears), the one after required way too high part on luck / buy stuff and endless grind. Lets determined the powerlevel here:

At these stage, assuming you spent little time (20hours ++) and less lucky, you usually have:
1. Level 100 rune that being ignored (because jewelcraft no longer need to stockpile on them), Perfect gems for unsocket RW
2. Partial Set, completing whole set required time, luck or money
3. Decent craft (not godly) which usually you used random shrine with some blessing.
4. Maybe some SSU, most of the time it is not class specific.
5. Fully MO-ed gear, pre-MO RW, same decent jewels (not perfect), some random rare jewellery / unique (depending on your build)
6. Some elemental rune (no XiS yet)

Usually the solution to solve this gearing problem is to grind grind grind grind grind grind endlessly until you get XiS rune, great rune or lucky SSSU drop.

So here my solutions for said problem above.
1. Make lvl 100 rune as part of cube ingredient, higher quality, better result. It should be cheaper than signet since they drop abundantly
2. Reduce each set pieces' stats (to reduce text overflow), increase the partial combo (2 set pieces should give 4 stats bonus). To prevent abuse of multiple set, powerful affix should be only given by combination of class-specific gear + other piece. Refer to old median2008 documentation on generic set. Idea here is to slightly increase power level even when you are unlucky, but found several other classes' partial set pieces.
3. Assuming each shrine is more expensive than great rune, and cheaper than a TG, there should be solution for player to reroll unwanted shrine into their specific type. So proposal here is something like this: (hopefully solved 1st problem)

Any shrine (full quantity) + farm-able ingredient (lvl 100 rune for example) -> Type of shrine you wanted

This wont solve the problem that you need to endless reroll your craft, but at least it cut down time incase you want specific shrine type.

4. I dont have solution for getting SSU. I hope they disenchanted into 2 or 3 signets (i believe there was different disenchant value in m2008)
5. I know some people love to collect rare amulet and rings only to get disappointed with bad roll. Solution here is similar to Path of Exile's chaos recipe where you need full set of rare to get a chance to reroll your gear.

Rare stuff + Rare stuff + Rare stuff (set it to specific amount that not easily to be farmed) -> Rare reroll ingredient (maybe ring / amulet only?)

6. This is simple solution, make a single elemental rune RW. Power level should be higher than lvl 100 rune, but lower than current elemental rune RW. Should it be better than great rune RW or not, im not sure. This will help build that specific cant farm fauzt and toraja, but able to farm unformed land (tbh, it is not hard but drop rate is super terrible and boring)

Im know exactly development team wont have enough time for this, but so far I was so disappointed with rare affix pool rebalanced and craft improvement since it still required tons of time to properly craft your gear.

*I think I played median for 60 hours including lvl121 and 500 signets (legitly) and I dont think I want to spend anymore time with current drop / power level curve. Losing whole plugy stash and steam summer sales sealed the deal and made me quit. I do enjoyed the whole journey from start from level 1 until the grinding walls though.
lapis777
Destroyer
6 | 0
Is it possible to implement a solution for mercenaries not to die on instakill ubers ?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
lapis777 wrote:Is it possible to implement a solution for mercenaries not to die on instakill ubers ?

What? Just don't let them get hit by Instakill things. Use blink or something to help control their location
lapis777
Destroyer
6 | 0
It's not easy .Death projector for example.

Torchlight 2 for example ,mercenary stops attack when reaches 0 hp .