Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
There's something I'd like to mention.

This is not a problem that just recently was patched in, but instead it's a problem that already was in the game for years. There are tons of oskills. Only a percentage of those oskills are actually good to use as a main attack like whirlpool, ancient's hand and Spin 2 win. Some are awsome as utility skills or as procs like Glacial Nova, or Punisher, Path of Flames and Wyrd.
But then there's also complete and utter garbage skills like splitfire (wow. You can hit 2 enemies that are in complete opposite directions. And in addition to that, the damage is really weak) Static Ward (low damage) and Clobber (I don't even need to point out why it's garbage)

I wouldn't think of it as a problem if there weren't that many oskills you'll never want to use. As someone who loves experimenting and trying out new builds, I simply want to have a better variety of oskills instead of the same old ones that everyone knows are garbage or at least worse than the skills you get from your character already. I know that you're limited due to the current D2 engine (I think I read in an old post by Laz that you can only have a certain amount of total skills) and I know that oskills have in general a real hard time since they can't be scaled well (they don't profit from +character class skill levels or have any synergies) but some of those skills really need some love considering that oskills are usually those skills that laz didn't find fitting aymore and just pushed them aside to be used as oskills. Especially skills like splitfire, which are so bad that I can't express it, need some love. You could make it work like Sporeshot for example or make it work like 2 hammers of zareae traveling in opposite directions to make it work with the name. Or you could simply replace it with something better.

Imo these skills definitely need some kind of rework (those are all the skills I tried out and didn't find useful enough to make it worth using them):

Clobber
Gorefest
Hamstring
Sunburn
Ambush (I know this skill is used by priestresses in act 5 and act 1. It's good for enemies, but as an attack for players it's bad due to the long time it takes to be effective)
Cyclone
Deathstrike (I know this skill used be really strong basic skill of Necromancer before it was replaced. But somehow it got even worse over the years and is rightfully not the base attack anymore)
Guided Chain
OHMAN (way too high mana costs now, that you reduced the mana reg on the mana reg totem and removed that oskill from the ATH rw in boots as well)
Bloodstar
Death Blossom (srsly... Twin fang strike is Death blossom + poison damage. There's no use in Death Blossom anymore)
Pentagram
Pyroclastic Flow (this is only used in TA as far as I know. And it takes too much time to be of use)
Splitfire
Churel
Frostfire Wave (this skill just needs to be available to other classes other than necromancer)
Frozen Soul (it's good as a proc, but has low damage and only targets 1 enemy.)
Shadow Avatar
Winter Avatar
Shock Flower (Even with high skill level, it's still much worse than Twin Fang Strike)
Black Lotus Strike (only the poison part of Twin Fang Strike)
Death Ray (it's not that bad, it just needs a damage tweak)
Orb of Annihilation (same problem as OHMAN. For the Gear that's required it's just not worth it since you can have a better killing speed just playing with totems. Even with the same items. This is a great skill, it just needs a lower mana cost. ~ 5000-6000 should be good.)
Raven Flight
Bloody Mary (I just read the effect of it in the docs, and it seems to suck. Didn't try it out yet)
Summon Avalanche/Bane monster/Daystar (ever since these have been gone as mo's, they are basically useless)
Summon Darklings (I've never like them in Median 2008 since you had to constantly recast them. You might as well remove them since they're so squishy that they're only annoying to use)
Summon fallen

Those add up to 26 free spaces (-orb of annihilation and Frostfire Wave) for new oskills (+- 5 in case someone thinks some of the skills listed are great or want to add something I haven't mentioned.)
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Clobber is good for laz.
Gorefest would be great if it had higher wdm.
I think Bloody Mary was removed.
Shadow Avatar is pretty strong if geared properly. Combining amulet + viperfork = nice damage.
BrecMadak
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Kylrath wrote:Personally one thing bothers me for years. And thats Halbu in Pandemonium Fortress.
I hate that guy. So bored ,so sleepy, so phlegm when he say : "Hail to you, Champion.....".
Im a hero / nephilim after all.
I never buy / sell my merchandise to him.
Added new voice and a decent greeting, would change my mind to bargain with him, until then he is dead to me.

Lol, it's THE charm what makes him himself. Always loved that voice acting. So cold, pessimistic yet a high-hat person which couldn't be any better fitting npc exist within the hellish atmosphere of Act IV.

Yes, you can shoot out even more 'overly' personal requests.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Halbu's cool. He's just seen some shit, y'know?

If any NPCs are worth hating, it's the entire cast of Act 2 (except Atma). You single-handedly slay your 2nd Lesser Evil when the whole of Jehryn's "elite" Palace Guard can't even hold their own against a bunch of demon trash. And all you get from the townsfolk is "meh, you could've done better." Even Tyrael give you shit for not doing his job well enough. Dick.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
idea: have crafted items spawn with 3-6 affixes like rares do, but lose double MO bonus. rename honorific items to mystic, maybe add old ZOMG recipe bonus if needed to make them more viable
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Is it possible to code the thing for skill switch for left mouse button that it would not reset the skills on right mouse button. Explanation - having one kills on letter Z, second on letter X. And having F1, F2, .... After a skill switch from Z to X and vice versus - first roll on mouse wheel gives F1 no matter what. Can it be changed that mouse wheel skill stays same position after switch on Z and X ?
SarahAustin
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Remove charm from necrolyte. Rework his kit. Give him: Lorenado and frigid sphere at lvl 1. Lvl 12 he gets miasma. Lvl 24 Abyss. Lvl 90 Arachnomancy.
Coldzero
Vampiress
35 | 9
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
I have suggestion how to improve nagisin.
1. Remove Ennead challange Vampiric Icon skill and replaced with Beacon skill.
2. Uber Beacon Skill replaced with new Uber skill that greatly improved stat when wielding naginata (like barb throw uber skill)
3. With that implanted, maybe can nerf some nagi skill such as backstab which no longer granted 100% avoid or reduced crushing blow. Beacon skill no longer have velocity buff.

Suggestion New Uber Skill :
1. Name : Iron Maiden
2. Offensive stat: (suggestion 1 or 2 stat implanted in the skill)
-Increased Weapon Damage
-Give Bonus Flat Magic Damage to naginata skill or weapon
-Give Bonus Damage to Ways Skill or Elemental Damage.
3. Defensive stat: (suggestion 1 or 2 stat implanted in the skill)
-Give huge Flat Defense or Total Defence
-Give Flat Life or Maximum Life
-Give Flat Damage Reduction

Its all up to the creator to decide. Thank you for reading my suggestion.
Stereox
Cog
247 | 4
IMO Nagisin only lack clear skill.
Maybe rework Blade Barrier to behave like Retaliate but instead of sending wave, it send blades that will stay there for a time ? So it expands instead of instantly form barrier
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Stereox wrote:IMO Nagisin only lack clear skill.
Maybe rework Blade Barrier to behave like Retaliate but instead of sending wave, it send blades that will stay there for a time ? So it expands instead of instantly form barrier

It is also squishy, unless you give it instant big aoe like pounce, then it could handle it, but fact that you teleport around also helps a ton. If you just give them big nova instant melee attack, you still gonna get smashed even in place like TA, one arrowside, and 70% dodge isn't enough.
Really if your only defense layer is avoid, and you have relatively low hp (compared to other classes), its gonna die, a lot.

I personally like backstab 100% cb mechanics, its really fun to combo with skills like wychwind.

What I think kind of sucks on sin is ways, their damage number seems low, if you compare to for example barb. Max daedalus + 1pt thundergod barb already gets about same or more damage than maxed wotg.
Stacking double -enemy resist is tricky, as wdm sin that ignores poison, you want fire + lightning. You really have to go for "-enemy all resist" mod on items in that case to be efficient. And then cold pierce is "wasted" because you don't even have cold damage passive. I get that this was also bad when sin had 3 elemental ways, since then people just dumped almost all skill points into them and there was nothing left to invest in actual active skills. But ways just seem underpowed compared to barbs passives, not even talking here about nephalem spirit or kraken stance. There is also this annoying factor that ways benifit so much from increasing returns base level synergy. So if you compare damage, really take that into account, it takes a while before you get to laz upgrade, unique +1max skill amulet, hellfire plate, all these things, before the heaviest boost to ways really kicks in.