Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
This thread is meme status but idc :

Games are supposed to be fun.

Destruction Baal is so RNG dependant on his minion and "Visions" summonings that even if you have a good grasp on mechanics your day can still go sour with bad summon RNGs.

So, unless im overgoing some kind of mechanic that enables Baal to summon shit on top of me every minute i've got this to say:

Destruction Baal fight is NOT fun.
It's NOT fun.
NOT fun.

Idc what the tryhards say about it and some might go and act like gitgudders with me but ive been playing this mod since two thousand fucking seven so fuck you all very much.

Destruction Baal is NOT fun. And that goes double for hardcore unless you're the run-of-the-mill totemmancer or barb.
Change my mind.

I'll wait.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Define your "fun" in this mod. Cause when the difficulty of Baal gets lowered the next hard thing will become "Baal not fun" and so on.
500 sigs is no fun to farm, grinding cows is no fun, walking jungles for that bad charm roll is no fun. But it sure gives inner satisfaction when hard task is complete, no ?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
No. That's false satisfaction brought about by the illusion of difficulty. Grinding is not difficult. RNG is not difficult. These require no skill, only lots of free time. They only appear difficult because they take so long to do.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
I like grinding cows tho, and the whole point of this game is the grind. So yeah i do have fun with grinding 500 sigs and cows, nailing bad stats on a charm is just par for the course with a game having randomized stats.

What's not fun is wasting time in tearing your hair out on an end boss due to having 987987 bosses spawned right on top of you when youre running a squishy character, say a bowzon with zero defense. Should i respec to something like a spearzon or javazon to spend 1 hour trying to kill him instead of spending 3 hours as bowzon of constant dying/tp just to be able to open destruction cows games? Maybe. But in my opinion this kind of difficulty spike (the rest of destruction up until Baal was challenging but fun and doable) just to open destruction cows is overkill and it might put people off.

If the new uber requires a certain something out of destruction baal's death i can see it being challenging, but if thats the case (and im not saying it is) remember not everyone who is playing the mod cares about that uber, they just want a sense of completing all difficulties without going through what they might feel is a chore, and not enjoyable. If its not the case then why the difficulty spike?

Thankfully for people who get frustrated like i do in spending more time than they should on a single boss that summons a gajillion bosses a minute on you, it is not required. In my opinion tho, if the bosses (Visions) are needed to create a sense of challenge and not completely frustrate players playing squishies then at least lower their life by 1/3 (half would be better) or something, because to us having to deal with summoned bosses being constantly spawned on you that are way more powerful than their normal versions even without Minions of Destruction around is a complete nightmare. Seriously. Ive had 2 Andariels spawned on me in a 30-40 second interval. Many luls with meteor showers.

Idk, just a thought. /shrug
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
REMOVE THE UNBLOCKABLE/UNAVOIDABLE CHARGE SKILL FROM MONSTERS. IT'S MEDIAN 2018.

Seriously. It's one of the most obnoxious things in the game to get stunlocked and knocked back infinitely and killed by a pack of monsters that use charge.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
@Prime

I had similar issues with D-Baal and Feedback Sorc back in 1.2. Brought it up in the 1.2 Bugs&Feedback Thread. Here's SB's response, fwiw.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
@Solfege

I see. Welp, thats the end of that then. The silver lining is that nothing's locked out except opening dest cow games. I can live with that.
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
I wonder if MXL should give starter weapon something like in MXL 2012,
I believe it is a very good idea from brother Laz in that time.
example : Druid start new char with Sword + Axe + Bow arrow + Dagger
so new players can go test all skills with ease from beginning
I know them items is very cheap, but
in my knowledge several weapons could be hard to get in early game (especially for noobs)
sure 1500 from gold signet can buy alot, but...
for newbies (me and the others) could take hours
just to get certain weapons for that testing purposes, or even days !! for several ppl that not have many time to play
so brother Laz did think of newbie side more I think,
I hope this suggestion could be implemented, to make MXL more newbie friendly~
in my opinion this is reasonable, the startup item can't be exploited much -- since it's just 'only' startup items
well
Thank you for all of your hard works devs~ keep up the spirit and great works !
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
lubronbrons wrote:I wonder if MXL should give starter weapon something like in MXL 2012,
I believe it is a very good idea from brother Laz in that time.
example : Druid start new char with Sword + Axe + Bow arrow + Dagger
so new players can go test all skills with ease from beginning
I know them items is very cheap, but
in my knowledge several weapons could be hard to get in early game (especially for noobs)
sure 1500 from gold signet can buy alot, but...
for newbies (me and the others) could take hours
just to get certain weapons for that testing purposes, or even days !! for several ppl that not have many time to play
so brother Laz did think of newbie side more I think,
I hope this suggestion could be implemented, to make MXL more newbie friendly~
in my opinion this is reasonable, the startup item can't be exploited much -- since it's just 'only' startup items
well
Thank you for all of your hard works devs~ keep up the spirit and great works !

that's why you start with a signet of gold.
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
Aero wrote:that's why you start with a signet of gold.

well I did say the difficulty of that buying thingy, but it seems my reasoning not get through
that's too bad... seems MXL will keep several newbie at bay then
duh
...another bad cookie huh?
the Elitist feel here is getting stronger I think -_-
since I already famous here as being The multires guy
this is really difficult for me, pretty discouraging...
I'm sure that several of you elitist right now grinning at me happy to see my despair
you know... I tried my best to write constructive suggestion even though my English is not that good
(btw I not point this statement at you Aero, but to hidden elitist that likes to ganged on cheating newbie like me)
I still don't get it why you all compare with those MP cheater. like I said I only play in Single Player~

and Aero,
about my suggestion that startup item don't mind then. it's not a big deal~
it's just I like how brother Laz did in the past
Edited by lubronbrons 5 years.