Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ChuckNoRis wrote:nobody asked for increased drops , you are missunderstanding . the problem is about the crapy drops that everyone ignores .

They will be increased thanks to Actbosses Unique bias. They drop uniques only. If tiered items aren't a thing anymore, andariel will drop 2 sacred uniques ever time you kill her. Same goes for the other actbosses. Farming TA and Dunc would then only be good for sets, which are most of the time useless anyway.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
the act boss unique drop bias can always be changed to prevent abusing .

what happens with hatred Mephisto is already a dumb abuse as it is . you can get full t5/t6 gear at level 50 just by running Meph for a couple of hours .
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Dear chuckles

Why are you inquiring about a drop re-work when you have a stash of items that others farm for you? The silly quote of requiem's you posted is a poor argument and its not true. Anyone who thinks 1 download = 1 player is a moron.
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:the act boss unique drop bias can always be changed to prevent abusing .

This is not about act bosses, I already mentioned duncraigs sacred drop bias, and you still don't get it.
Duncraig has one layout only (the easier one has been removed) and it's not the safest place, for many players causing problems. If you not strong enough farming dunc is waste of time, thats why tran is chosen by many instead.
What you suggest is making whole destruction a1-a5 to be 100% sacred drop chance, which is even better than dunc's bias, so first of all, noone would bother to farm dunc anymore, secondo - many players would have a great chance to find rare su's before thay even finish dest. And if players see that a1-a5 drops only sacred they might just farm easy crowded spots with high MF gear.

And where did you get that players prefer to farm normal places instead of tran, k3k, torajan jungle, fauzt or dunc? I could only confirm that Triune is left behind (mostly because cycles were nerfed), but others places are still very popular.
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
SP already has the drop rates back, no needs to rework the drop tiers. Stop making this mod/ladder/whatever dies faster
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
thunderman wrote:This is not about act bosses.
did you read HH's post above ?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Fumbles wrote:Dear chuckles
Why are you inquiring about a drop re-work when you have a stash of items that others farm for you? The silly quote of requiem's you posted is a poor argument and its not true. Anyone who thinks 1 download = 1 player is a moron.

Well, thank you Fumbles for assuming I'm a moron that spits out silly things. At the time I posted that comment, once math is done, one could have easily found out that "1 download = 1 player" was not something I considered... that would have been just plain wrong.
But maybe I'm truly a silly one, because I have not the slightest idea why anyone would quote things out of contest, moreover an estimate. If someone wants to make a point about this ladder he/she should use updated info about the ladder in question, my 2 cents.
Anyway, good arguing fellow players, I'm sure that without this thread MXL wouldn't be even the shadow of itself
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
You are very welcome m8.
We don't have regular access to mp figures outside the realm info web page and the info that Aahz posts near the end of each ladder. What exactly constitutes a "player" anyways? Having at least 1 lvl 120 character on an account? or? What about people who play for a few hrs and don't like the game and never play again (for both sp and realm) cause they technically downloaded the game. I myself have it installed on laptop and pc. So thats 2 initial downloads, 2 more when the patch updated and 1 additional one when I reinstalled the game. Thats five downloads for one player. Trying to figure out how many people play sp would also be difficult. Not that any of it should matter though. Since both sp/mp patches are nearly the same, changes should be introduced only if they improve both versions. Removing tus from destruction would impact realm longevity in a negative way.

A nice improvement would be to bring back the magic to rare upgrade recipe. Dragons were disabled and it would be great to not have to search for a rare sacred base every time a guy wants to craft. Maybe introduce a drop-only reagent or increase the cost of the recipe in some way.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Fumbles wrote:A nice improvement would be to bring back the magic to rare upgrade recipe. Dragons were disabled and it would be great to not have to search for a rare sacred base every time a guy wants to craft. Maybe introduce a drop-only reagent or increase the cost of the recipe in some way.

Yeah searching for craft bases is so annoying.
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
or unlimited charsi :flip:

btw, for ppl crying about drop rates, pls look at clod...good luck getting a high rune there