Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Acry wrote:I think an issue is that there seems to be a whole bunch of SU that nobody has a use for. So you have a huge pile of SU eventually with nothing to do with besides signet it, and it feels like even in the SSSU tier most of them are unused. It's felt really disappointing to get about 90% of the SUs that I have currently from spending a lot of time playing the last few weeks on TSW, and nearly all of them fell into these 1-4 thought processes when looking them up..

I think a spreadsheet with prices would fix that.

Example: http://tf2spreadsheet.traderempire.com/spreadsheet/ https://backpack.tf/pricelist/spreadsheet

Once all items have a price people would be more willing to trade 5 tg junk for other 5 tg junk simply because you need it. Someone would just have to combine some of the trade lists with prices, then some suggestions about several items, and regular updates when something has a huge price drop/spike.
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I think caster assassins could use some love. The class is strong overall, but I think the non-Dex builds are all sub-par. Plus I was never a fan of the morph she was given (looks ugly IMO). I feel like the class is very reliant on block and/or leech and by having casters who need to stack Energy and can't leech you're put into a difficult spot. Maybe just have her spells scale with Dex instead of Energy? Or maybe the morph (ugh) gives 1:1 Energy for Dex?
Jetaman
Bone Archer
74 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
One suggestion from me: the thing that make me unconfartable when I play MXL is the limited number of monster animations. Even though lots of new animations were added from the Infinitum website, it still feels like there are a lot of repetitions and de ja vu. For example, the Witch and the amazon spirit look the same. What do they have in common? Nothing. Then why do they look the same?
So my suggestion - if Sigma is going to be unique and brilliant in other stuff that you're working on, why not upgrade the 'animation department'. Firstly, you already have the 3d conversions from Inertia. Secondly, I'm working on my own animation pack which will be pretty big. The preview of my animations can be viewed here.

I'm taking these animations from all possible sprite-based rgps and also, with the help from Inertia I learned how to make 3d conversions of Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim models and here is the preview of Lich from Oblivion. Using this way I can create hundreds and hundreds of new animations, which can be used for Sigma. Because variety is always good - you don't have to repeat monsters using different palettes.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
archon256 wrote:I think caster assassins could use some love. The class is strong overall, but I think the non-Dex builds are all sub-par. Plus I was never a fan of the morph she was given (looks ugly IMO). I feel like the class is very reliant on block and/or leech and by having casters who need to stack Energy and can't leech you're put into a difficult spot. Maybe just have her spells scale with Dex instead of Energy? Or maybe the morph (ugh) gives 1:1 Energy for Dex?

*cough* viewtopic.php?f=9&t=974&p=35515#p35515
Inertia
Abomination
141 | 72
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
Jetaman wrote:One suggestion from me: the thing that make me unconfartable when I play MXL is the limited number of monster animations. Even though lots of new animations were added from the Infinitum website, it still feels like there are a lot of repetitions and de ja vu. For example, the Witch and the amazon spirit look the same. What do they have in common? Nothing. Then why do they look the same?
So my suggestion - if Sigma is going to be unique and brilliant in other stuff that you're working on, why not upgrade the 'animation department'. Firstly, you already have the 3d conversions from Inertia. Secondly, I'm working on my own animation pack which will be pretty big. The preview of my animations can be viewed here.

I'm taking these animations from all possible sprite-based rgps and also, with the help from Inertia I learned how to make 3d conversions of Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim models and here is the preview of Lich from Oblivion. Using this way I can create hundreds and hundreds of new animations, which can be used for Sigma. Because variety is always good - you don't have to repeat monsters using different palettes.

The biggest problem with this is simply quality. There are tons of games that you could convert or render, but it's more than that. You have to ask yourself:

1. Do these animations fit with D2's graphic style? If not, then reusing existing animations are the lesser of two evils.
2. Do these sprites contain all the necessary animations (A1,DT,DD,GH,NU,WL)? Ofc they aren't all necessary and there are workarounds, but once again, there are existing animations with all their necessary animations and that look nice, so why change it? Sure new graphics are good to attract new players, but overall I would say polish is more important.

The infinitum animations are probably the closest to d2's style you'll find and even some of those don't look very good. My animation pack was only made because the animations I used look close enough to d2's style and have all their necessary animations. Even then, if you haven't noticed the GetHit animations from my packs are just the death animation played a few frames forward and then reversed. They don't look amazing, but they work.
King
Balrog
121 | 8
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
A price list would never work. Prices change so drastically that it would be too tedious to change. On the flip side, some items that are useless to most people (but rare) would have a low price when the right person comes you wouldn't get much for it. Think of it like... Pantheras bite, good for one build, someone would prob trade it for a horned hunter if they hated pounce and love bow, yet horned hunter is a lot more common than pantheras. I've did a lot of thinking of stabilizing prices, but that would require that the top 10 tg holders agree to set prices which would help control it; but then when it comes to who to buy void from, the competition begins and people lower prices to draw buyers. I don't see this ever changing. I'm open to suggestions and would love set prices; but good luck.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
How about a price suggestion so people know they won't get scammed. It would be fairly simple - all su except for X Y.... 5 tg
Jetaman
Bone Archer
74 | 41
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I finished converting the first unit from Oblivion. Take a look everybody and tell me if you think it fits D2.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
that's some sick job you're doing there, and I'm definetly checking your updates on the phrozen keep.
Inertia
Abomination
141 | 72
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
@Jetaman Nice job! I would recommend making your animations smaller though. Also, you gotta do the fire elemental next. :-P