Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Picasso
Destroyer
6 | 2
A few people on Discord already explained that the 1500 gold signet is enough to purchase an axe/club for tree, dagger for rat, bow for that other build and the druid already starts with a sword. There is probably enough left over to purchase a staff too. Everything you've asked for is stored neatly in a 1x1 spot so you can choose to buy a weapon for each skill tree or just one weapon and blow the rest on bad decisions. You mentioned something about difficulty of buying the items but how hard is it to walk to Charsi or Akara?
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
lubronbrons wrote:
well I did say the difficulty of that buying thingy, but it seems my reasoning not get through
that's too bad... seems MXL will several newbie at bay then
duh
...another bad cookie huh?
the Elitist feel here is getting stronger I think -_-
since I already famous here as being The multires guy
this is really difficult for me, pretty discouraging...
I'm sure that several of you elitist right now grinning at me happy to see my despair
you know... I tried my best to write constructive suggestion even though my English is not that good
(btw I not point this statement at you Aero, but to hidden elitist that likes to ganged on cheating newbie like me)
I still don't get it why you all compare with those MP cheater. like I said I only play in Single Player~

and Aero,
about my suggestion that startup item don't mind then. it's not a big deal~
it's just I like how brother Laz did in the past

Hey there.
First of all I agree with you that sometimes newbies around here are mistreated, most of the people on this forum try their hardest to act too serious, which is unnecessary but I guess it makes them feel better about themselves.
With that being said I don't think anyone is grinning at you or is happy to see your despair.

Anyway to stay on topic, I am not really sure why you say it's difficult to purchase items with the 1500 gold from signet. In fact with signet you can even purchase blue or, if you get lucky at gambling, even rare items, so it's actually easier. The only problem with starting equipment is that for example assassin has no way to get a naginata at level 1, but assassins didn't get one in 2012 either.

As for the negative cookies - just ignore it, there are people here with over 30 negs but they still post, it's really just like reddit downvotes/upvotes.
And nice to see an Oblivion modder around here, I mostly play Skyrim though :)
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
Aspirine101 wrote:Hey there.
First of all I agree with you that sometimes newbies around here are mistreated, most of the people on this forum try their hardest to act too serious, which is unnecessary but I guess it makes them feel better about themselves.
With that being said I don't think anyone is grinning at you or is happy to see your despair.

finally ! a proactive person that talking in same constructive language !
ugh... that's disturbing for sure -_- to make themselves better huh?
well... first, thanks for the sympathy & the support -- let's survive together bruh
and yeah :) I still modding TES 4 Oblivion till this day and am enjoying it~
as for the signet gold vs STARTUP item please see below...

Picasso wrote:You mentioned something about difficulty of buying the items but how hard is it to walk to Charsi or Akara?

I am afraid you've got it wrong
just now I entered the game and testing it (I using MXL patch 1.3.1 btw)
Akara sells : Staff, Scepter, Wand
Charsi sells : sword 1H 2H, bow, spear, knife, club, axe 1H 2H
and since they get random Normal and Magic, the price is not always in range... also the requirements...
we must do unexpectedly annoying task by get-in get-out the game -- repeat, until the desired item appear
( THIS what I mean not newbie friendly, is newbie should be treated like that? I think brother Laz did that to compensate us newbie)

alright Druid can manage (Bow, Sword, Axe, Knife very easy to appear)
Sorcerer is hard to manage, only can manage staff and the requirement is variant, the orb and crystal sword is not available (I know them requirement is higher but still... you can downscale it just for startup item isn't it?)
Paladin SURE can manage melee weapon everywhere
Barbarian a bit hard to manage... Akara don't always sells Throwing axe, I can see the axe in my fifth try (get what I'm talking about?)
maybe I'm just get unlucky roll... but oh well... it's unexpectedly confusing for newbie
Necromancer hard to manage (scythe and crossbow should be scaled down for early test, not convenient if we must play a bit to test since not everybody have free time to play)
Assassin can only manage melee and knife, difficult on naginata (requirement should be scaled down -- item that exist only for startup)
Amazon half manage, stuck at requirement too...
NOTE : this is just a quick test, so I might be wrong in some above

that's it
I think is NOT efficient at all especially for BUSY newbie +wife +friends +works,
me got confused even tho I always play in vanilla & can manage just fine there
(please be tolerate several of you might call me stupid I'm sure...)
Edited by lubronbrons 6 years.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
aa I see, you're saying it might be hard for a new person because not every item type appears at vendors on first login, and some have too high lvl requirement like naginata to appear at level 1. Well I think items like naginata should appear at level 1 yes, as for the items that require relogging a couple of times to appear - this might be a small problem to a person who is new to diablo 2 in general, personally I think this isn't too big of a problem, but like I said things like naginata should definitely appear since level 1 and added to vendor (so they're acquired not just by gambling)
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Walls of text pls...

Suggestion/question - is there reason why some skills are bind to left/right mouse button only (not talking about stances) ? Would like to suggest to assign them on both option to give more choice for classes that have already necessary skills on right button.
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
@Anonymous
Game engine limitation.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
lubronbrons wrote:Akara sells : x
Charsi sells : y
you can also play for a few minutes , collect the gold / sell the other stuff you find (rings, amulets,jewels,apples other stuff), use the gold to gamble for the item you need -> profit . it's not like you need the ultimate weapon to complete the den of evil quest .

i do agree however that if you want to play a bow druid makes not much sense having an axe or a staff as first weapon , but that can be fixed in a matter of minutes as described above , so it's not such a big trouble.
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:you can also play for a few minutes , collect the gold / sell the other stuff you find (rings, amulets,jewels,apples other stuff), use the gold to gamble for the item you need -> profit . it's not like you need the ultimate weapon to complete the den of evil quest .

i do agree however that if you want to play a bow druid makes not much sense having an axe or a staff as first weapon , but that can be fixed in a matter of minutes as described above , so it's not such a big trouble.

if someone asked me if I got trouble from this signet of gold system I would say about 3 from 10 hassle
because
it take so much time just to debug things (testing stuffs in mxl since I am a noob)
want to see how game mechanic works first in this mod,
if I just start and let it flow without decent plan, things could go awry later and that would be very Bad -- not efficient at all
maybe brother Laz is busy person that have wife friends etc etc I don't know
but I think he did think of us newbie by doing that STARTUP item system in MXL 2012
no need to relogin and no need to do crazy roll just to get some stuffs & testing skill things
I've got several busy people friends
pretty sure they would say 8 up to 9 from 10 hassle for signet gold system, since they don't have much time to play
I wrote that long for the good of future MXL, more customers more profit right? and you all Elities-that-likes-to-snipe-bad-cookie-at-newbie could keep going too as well

gah !
another bad cookie.... haha
seems I can take it and swallow the pain very well now (elitist resistance % UP)
since I already got a badge here -- that title, The multires guy, I surely have very weak resistance & might gain bad cookies more than average~heh
no matter what I will try to be constructive as much as possible for the good of community
only person that have positive cookies that could do cookie thingy
it seems... some of them Elitist can't comprehend and easily offended btw
and not too long ago someone said "newbies around here are mistreated"
I can't agree more
Edited by lubronbrons 5 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
A suggestion for lubronbrons as well: Pointing out every time you get an up or down vote will make you more susceptible to get more downvotes. It just enourages the trolls, so to speak.
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
Aero wrote:A suggestion for lubronbrons as well: Pointing out every time you get an up or down vote will make you more susceptible to get more downvotes. It just enourages the trolls, so to speak.

lol
oh bro...
you are just as good as RequiemLux, try to protect newbie welfare... Thanks !
but
I think I noticed I become entertaining object here - I don't mind I think (?)
by just being The multires guy person, I already have unique presence here
"Despite the fact plenty of others have asked about multires :lul:" - by Gavin_K88 @ discord

it is funny to know that even you (Aero) as seasoned player and senior here and even have super good impression with 200++ cookies could say that
means there is really Elitists trolls here -- that's.... ehm... ugh....
Edited by lubronbrons 5 years.