Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Concerning the previous suggestion:
Kill athulua on hatred difficulty to get a charm upgrade for elemental prism called:

Magenta Magnet
Cube this item with elemental prism to add bonus.
Increases your gold pickup radius to 24 Yards.

You could make it a new level challenge - one that isn't mandatory
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
24? That's wider that one screen.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:24? That's wider that one screen.

Oh, I thought that's exactly one screen. Well, I meant make it so the whole screen is covered
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I thought 16 was one screen?

Regardless, that's still way too big. Maybe like a 6 yard pickup at most so it's not just free gold then and you actually have to see it and run semi-near it
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
never really understood the argument for not just...immediately getting gold from killing a monster

what are you gaining/losing by having to walk near something as mainly inconsequential as gold as opposed to just...getting it?

also love the idea of non mandatory level challenges, p sure the ubers are being balanced with a character that has all charms appropriate to that stage in the game and i would love to see all easy-mid ubers technically beatable without charms (maybe through cheeseball shit yes, but beatable nonetheless) to give some builds increased viability
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I did Duncraig as my first charm in SP two seasons ago. It's fine. The idea is to progress through the charms though. Most of the easy-mid ubers can already be done without gathering the others first, but there's no reason just to say "hm. I want the world stone key before the butcher" ya know?
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
you're still put at a significant disadvantage if you don't get your elemental prism, for instance -- or miss the level 80 class charm boost

i suppose the argument shouldn't lie in making ubers doable without charms but instead getting rid of level requirements for certain boosts seeing as it's less of a "bonus challenge" (as i believe they were initially intended to be) and more of a amazing-race-esque roadblock where you HAVE to stop what you're doing at level 45 and clear TA and you HAVE to stop what youre doing the moment you can handle hatred K3KBA and get your class charm or else you might as well not aspire to clear the end game content -- losing +4 to all skills, 20% increased speed, -5% fire/light/cold pierce, 20% all resists, bonuses like +1% defense per socketed rune, might as well be a death knell for a run

of course the implementation of items going "HEY GO HERE" helps prevent newbie druids from not getting goodberries for instance but why even have that restriction at all?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
It's not like they're hard charms to obtain.. I would actually prefer to see them have lower level requirements so they're actually a level challenge instead of a roadblock to progression. Tran should be something like lvl 40 and k3k, I often do before Tran.
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
the fact is that they're genuinely too good of bonuses to have a level restriction on them -- the trap rat that clears TA at level 40 will always be better than the character that would have ordinarily needed to wait a little longer, and thus builds stagnate to 'things that can clear the level challenges'

if you don't cheeseball it and hire a bloodmage/play more unconventional stuff like bow druid and holy melee paladin TA can be a bit of a doozy, though K3KBA is actually the challenge I always consider every build capable of doing (usually ppl say TA is the 'if your build can't clear it you're doing something wrong' level)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Actually I find those level challenges good.

Yes there has not been a single character with which I couldn't do those challenges, but that's because I know what to look out for. For TA you need some good defense for example. So it's basically a gear check. At least that was true before hatred was nerfed to easy doable. In the previous patch, which melee character didn't need some good defense in order to survive trap rats in act5? You got that defense for TA, as a motivation to get a bonus that you can't just ignore. And you were able to progress through hatred easier.

So this is (or rather was) a good way to show people: wait. You really have to work on your gear, in order to survive in later difficulties as well.

But since hatred is so easy and TA density was reduced as well, people wonder why suddenly they can't progress in terror and complain about difficulty gaps. But they never learned to actually gear up in order to survive somewhere crucial. That's why they rather complain.