Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
single target dmg is bad, but in the same tree you get stormblast which is great for bosses

I think the main issue atm is that if you max daedalus you gain life and dmg for ANY attack, while if you max deathgaze you only gain dmg and the mana consumption skyrockets

if deathgaze synergy were to be moved to bloodhatred that would be interesting
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Yeah the mana cost isn't worth leveling the skill. And adding mana on hit feels like a huge waste. In the end, you could even just get Ancients Hand and roflstomp everything.

I feel IS single target is pretty decent with max wolves Hunter's Mark, but it's far from the best.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
yeah but by that logic titan strike is better :D I'm pretty sure the enemy you're hitting acts as the eye of the storm and doesn't actually get hit by the swirling blades. normal mobs still die fast, but for bosses you definitely want to switch to stormblast even tho it won't proc hunter's mark
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Gekko64 wrote:yeah but by that logic titan strike is better :D I'm pretty sure the enemy you're hitting acts as the eye of the storm and doesn't actually get hit by the swirling blades. normal mobs still die fast, but for bosses you definitely want to switch to stormblast even tho it won't proc hunter's mark

Oh it absolutely does hit in the center as of now. Hitbox was increased for it. My initial enemy explodes.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
iirc earthquake and deathgaze got increased hitboxes, not iron spiral. are you sure the enemy exploding is not just due to hunter's mark?
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Wait no it was the ND that was removed I think. I'll reread the patch notes. I did just retest now so I didn't seem like an idiot, and yeah it's hitting in one attack 3-4 times.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
the swords now pierce and we have aerial to thank for that Kreygasm
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ahh, well i'd still say it's not terrible single target, as I do tend to hit initial target multiple times, but yeah I was wrong.
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I would suggest a mana cost rescale since a lot a chars suffer a lot from the new mana costs and most of them just don't work anymore. Chars like tempest sorc, wyrmshot bowzon and who knows what others tend to fail in hard places like fauzt due to mana cost problems, not to mention about their damage output compared to the incoming damage. Also some UI feature that lets you remove the life and mana orb along with the whole bottom border would be nice, eventually with 720p resolution support for moviemaking purposes giving a more cinematic look would also be nice :D.
viperosa
Balrog
131 | 0
i hope you guys don't change the interface too much, i like the nostalgic feeling of how d2 looks and i am used to it
would love it if you focused more on content and balance fixes, new items and so on. keep up the good work, respect!