Suggestions for upcoming patch

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
you actually don't need to run cows anymore, you can can get nice in other farming spots as well provided you don't die too much
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Rifts in Diablo 3 are bad because of many reasons:
1) it‘s still always the same few maps just with other color/ lightning. Very boring.
2) the bosses in those rifts are boring as well. Just a get that amu that heals you when getting hit by poison and you can basically kill 80% of the bosses without batting an eye.
3) Having to go back a path of the act5 areas just sucks. Half the time you‘re just walking back.
4) Not-Open areas in general suck because in open areas you can farm much quicker + they are more challenging. However most of the time you get only a closed area with a direct path, where monsters are scarce articles.

Now to Greater Rifts:
1) most of the time you get put either into a team that can‘t do the same GR level as you, or you are the one who has to watch everything die and die to a stupid fallen yourself. - general balance isn‘t given.
2) it‘s an incredibly lazy approach to fill the endgame. „Hi I‘m blizzard‘s newly employed apeguy. Let‘s do the same as rifts but instead make them clear it in a specific amount of time, and remove the drops except for the last boss.“
3) you don‘t need to focus normal monsters at all. Neither in rifts nor in Greater rifts. Just go for all the champions and done. My summoner chicken WD was so fast that I basically finished 3 acts full of bounty’s on my own in a 4 player game. Nearly every time. Rifts and Greater rifts were seriously boring thanks to that. Usually I carried everyone and they all just followed me. If they were stupid enough to attack normal monsters in normal rifts, I had to go back and pick up that one set item that dropped thanks to them. Not fun. The people don‘t seem to understand that normal monsters are useless.

Will this be fun? Definitely not.
Will this be hard to implement? Very likely.
Will this be worth implementing? Nope. Not at all.

I can‘t fathom why anyone would even try to compare D3 endgame to MXL endgame. It‘s just too different. It „works“ in D3 because you get a siginificant boost to killspeed with each set you find. But that won’t work in mxl. Plus leveling to 125 is optional. If you don‘t want to level that high, skip it. Get to lvl 121. that‘s enough. And for that you don‘t need cows. You can do that in TA and Torajan jungles easily.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
But it's true, the endgame has a problem. The endgame is "farm dunc/TA"

Normal RPGs tell a story and at the end you kill the boss, there is nothing more to do it just ends there. So they make the way to there interesting, so one solution should be making the charm run more interesting.

Then there farm RPGs where the endgame is "raid molten core until your eyes fall out" these need to make molten core more interesting. Like this boss always drops 5 or more SUs you need to kill 66% of the mobs in his uber before you can get to him and the fight is pretty funny and hard like Baal.

Or somehow make PvP interesting.

Of course the real endgame should be "Kill Diablo" aka an Uber that replicates Diablo 1 with all the bosses it had, the entrance is in trist at a cathedral. 30 levels deep, the way to the next deeper dungeon is right next to the entrance but you must have killed the boss once to open it. Also some direct ports to a deeper level from trist like in D1.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I think what I stated previously was misinterpreted a bit. I’m not saying copy the diablo 3 rift system 1:1 I’m stating merely the idea of some kind of scaling sandbox leveling system is appealing. nitz d1 dungeon suggestion above this post would even be something that would probably be in the right design direction.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Make sets endgame gear and lower the droprate accordingly. 9/10 sets aren't even worth using.

I was perusing 2008 docs and was amazed at how godly many of the sets used to be, and then even more amazed at how they would fare in the latest iteration of median. An extremely rare droprate would balance out the OP-ness of the gears.

TL:DR I feel like sets could use a major overhaul. Nobody is hyped when they find vizjun or marchosias set pieces, to name a couple.
oztor
Cog
242 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I like grinding and leveling process alot (we all do i suppose), so we could at least have some greater rewards for leveling after 121. Like several skill points instead of 1, or access to some even better runewords or items maybe? Alot of people level to 121 to have access to xis, but there is just no point to level after 121. Increased experience gained in other areas than cows is great, i like it alot nevertheless cows are still the fastest way to level to 121, it takes like 4-5 hours with a good build.

I also would like to see duncraig su drop rates buff back, it has already been stated by many players that TA is the fastest and eastiest place to farm now, but there is no challenge at all to farm this area. I love duncraig and i want to make efficient builds to farm it again, but theres just no point to do it now in my experience.

Jungles are great, fauzt is okay, bremmtown is meh, toraja is pain in the ass. I would also like to see a trophy drop rate buff to something like 5% or so.
OnlyForFun
Cog
203 | 17
Ye thats true , TA(easy/faster) become much more rewarding then Dunc / Quantity always win Quality
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
shnurr214 wrote:I think what I stated previously was misinterpreted a bit. I’m not saying copy the diablo 3 rift system 1:1 I’m stating merely the idea of some kind of scaling sandbox leveling system is appealing. nitz d1 dungeon suggestion above this post would even be something that would probably be in the right design direction.

I see. In that case take my post as a "what not to do" for that scaling sandbox leveling system.

The D1 dungeon does sound appealing. I just hope that if that indeed is taken into consideration and implemented, that it doesn't overburden Gheed's map reveal like Meshif's or even worse.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Goodkidscc wrote:Make sets endgame gear and lower the droprate accordingly. 9/10 sets aren't even worth using.

I was perusing 2008 docs and was amazed at how godly many of the sets used to be, and then even more amazed at how they would fare in the latest iteration of median. An extremely rare droprate would balance out the OP-ness of the gears.

TL:DR I feel like sets could use a major overhaul. Nobody is hyped when they find vizjun or marchosias set pieces, to name a couple.

Tyrael Set pls :kreygasm:
daresso
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
oztor wrote: it has already been stated by many players that TA is the fastest and eastiest place to farm now, but there is no challenge at all to farm this area. I love duncraig and i want to make efficient builds to farm it again, but theres just no point to do it now in my experience.

Duncraig’s drop rate is too paltry for the risk that the stage throws at players. I enjoy playing the stage regardless because it involves a challenging mechanical element: weaving and dodging between barrels. It would be nice if next patch elevated it above other farming spots given it’s more challenging nature.