Suggestions for upcoming patch

The awaited Median XL sequel is coming - discuss it here.
User avatar
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1608 | 166
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
That would mean carrying every shrine vessel, or at least one for every shrine a guy intends to pick up. With all charms, thats roughly 6 squares of space to pick up non-shrine drops. Would be nice in Sigma though, with the inventory being nearly twice as big. It would help (if it were possible) to make shrines take up only 1 square instead. Also, with the crt+click feature being added in Sigma, maybe shrines could be ctrl+clicked from the inventory into an a shrine vessel of the same type in the stash, assuming there is one.
jespence
Vampiress
35 | 2
16 different shrines is a bit much in my book; maybe it could be consolidated to 12 or so and a 1x1 space
User avatar
nshade
Imp
5 | 0
I read some of the discussion about sets being hard to find. While K3KBA runs give plenty of set items, those (at least in my experience) are usually not for the class you are playing. Considering the fact that there are 5 sets per class + couple of community sets, and each class set consists of 5 pieces and since items in sets have different drop rate based on the base item (cap vs great helm, for example), it is quite tricky to complete a set. And if you are trying to complete a set for your class it is even harder. And especially harder if it is a one particular set. And as many people mentioned - they become useless pretty fast, because they are not the end game items.

inb4 "git gud" and other "constructive" arguments, my suggestion is simply - is it possible to increase a drop rate for set pieces of YOUR current class, while decrease for the others? I know, it reeks of D3 with the class-biased drops, but considering how Median sets are the "evolutionary missing link" between late game and end-game impossible ubers, I think it would be very helpful and not too op.

Another suggestion, just throwing the crazy idea: what about completely removing the MF item bonus altogether? Drop rates would be completely dev-controlled, less "optional, yet obligatory" MF crafts, pure random? Again, just an idea.
User avatar
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1608 | 166
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
nshade wrote: Median sets are the "evolutionary missing link" between late game and end-game impossible ubers
Ibra1
Balrog
127 | 1
jespence wrote:When you pick a tp scroll off ground it automatically goes in tp book; if you could do the same with shrines and vessels that would rock my world


Yes, this.

Also, when removing shrines from vessels, it would be great if simply clicking the cube would have 1 removed (Like it does now) but alt-clicking cube would remove maybe 5, or 10.
User avatar
Aero
Talic
6696 | 234
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
the memes
User avatar
willyboy
Core Lord
371 | 10
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
nshade wrote:I read some of the discussion about sets being hard to find. While K3KBA runs give plenty of set items, those (at least in my experience) are usually not for the class you are playing. Considering the fact that there are 5 sets per class + couple of community sets, and each class set consists of 5 pieces and since items in sets have different drop rate based on the base item (cap vs great helm, for example), it is quite tricky to complete a set. And if you are trying to complete a set for your class it is even harder. And especially harder if it is a one particular set. And as many people mentioned - they become useless pretty fast, because they are not the end game items.

inb4 "git gud" and other "constructive" arguments, my suggestion is simply - is it possible to increase a drop rate for set pieces of YOUR current class, while decrease for the others? I know, it reeks of D3 with the class-biased drops, but considering how Median sets are the "evolutionary missing link" between late game and end-game impossible ubers, I think it would be very helpful and not too op.


Please not! :oops:

After the first week you have multiple complete sets only for your class. Trading is a part of D2, so I see really no problem with completing sets, if you play SP, I see also no problems....you can farm with /p8

nshade wrote:Another suggestion, just throwing the crazy idea: what about completely removing the MF item bonus altogether? Drop rates would be completely dev-controlled, less "optional, yet obligatory" MF crafts, pure random? Again, just an idea.


Also please not!

One of the goals is to find the balance between killspeed and MF, its part of the game since D2 exist. If you don´t like MF, then don´t use it, at this moment you have your pure random drops. Its your choice how you play this game.
jespence
Vampiress
35 | 2
Ibra1 wrote:
jespence wrote:When you pick a tp scroll off ground it automatically goes in tp book; if you could do the same with shrines and vessels that would rock my world


Yes, this.

Also, when removing shrines from vessels, it would be great if simply clicking the cube would have 1 removed (Like it does now) but alt-clicking cube would remove maybe 5, or 10.


My suggestion is to allow crafting from vessels to avoid tedious extra steps
User avatar
nshade
Imp
5 | 0
willyboy wrote:Please not! :oops:

After the first week you have multiple complete sets only for your class. Trading is a part of D2, so I see really no problem with completing sets, if you play SP, I see also no problems....you can farm with /p8


Well that's my point - it comes to a point where you need to farm for something that quickly loses it's value anyway. And if you can farm in /p8 pretty much it means you don't need those sets AT ALL. They will add next to nothing to your damage output and survivability.

Edit: Sure, I understand, certain builds in low-level gear are able to steamroll basic ubers. But again, why? If they can, they will pretty much aim for SS uniques anyway. And a lot of other builds require high-end gear to do /p8 ubers.

I understand the trading is valuable for the realm and in SP you can just endlessly grind. But my suggestion is to leave that to S/SS/SSS grade sacred uniques. Sets are a mid-grade outfit, which would help noobz like me to get better understanding of the build, having something play around in mid-ubers before I can touch the really good outfit. And I don't understand your point how just making the drop-bias based on current class will break the game mechanics.
User avatar
Aero
Talic
6696 | 234
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Because a lot of people make farming characters to get items for other builds they want.

It's a meme suggestion, just like this whole thread, and likely has been stated in the previous 161 pages at some point as well.

jespence wrote:My suggestion is to allow crafting from vessels to avoid tedious extra steps


Already been discussed many times in this thread and other places