[Suggestion] Transmogs in MXLS

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
AnubisQQ
Vampiress
37 | 4
So.. I was thinking: How cool would it be to be able to change the looks of our chars? Don't like the naked legs that comes with a breast plate? Transmog it into a full plate!

I think cosmetics are a huge thing in the endgame and worth grinding for. Let's see:

First of all, the strength bug should somehow be fixed. I am a coder, but I have no idea how D2 is coded, so I can't tell how hard that would be.

Second.. And thats where it gets interesting:
What should be able to be transmoged and how?

IMHO it should be everything visible, but should still make sense (eg not transmoging a 1H sword into a naginata).

Armor transmogs could work with a cube recipe like:
Your item + non magical item of the same type (eg helmet) = your item with the looks of the non magical item.

To go even farther: What about dyes? Lets say you don't like the pink colour of some chest armor on your barb. Just cube it with a perfect onyx to get that sweet black, or a fierce looking dark red with a perfect bloodstone.

Other than that, there could be some awesome effects to unlock like charms.

Let's say, there is an uber quest where a charm can drop from the boss, which adds or replaces effects on your character. Just keep the charm in your inventory for (maybe a small bonus and) an added effect like being transparent, glowing like full set or different colours, barb BO effects or even transforms like D2 vanilla trag ouls set, go nuts! There are so many possibilities.

What do you guys think? I think it would be a nice addition and would add a new refreshing way to grind out some stuff in the endgame, show other ppl in the realm how awesome and individual you are (~.~) and just... Idk man, prestige? (I am rich charm, but now everyone on realm can see it)
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I have been thinking the same thing. Awesome suggestion. I rly like for example spear or javazon animation witouth visible weapon. I also dislike how for example breastplate turns out to look on characters.

Have a cookie!
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
I honestly don't like the idea, I think dyes are enough if they get implemented... also with all the things that have to be done and the ever diminishing time at hand, even if this is taken in consideration, it would have such low priority over the task list that it would probably never be implemented anyway. Btw my suggestion is to use this thread Suggestions for upcoming patch
I'm sorry if I sound like a party pooper
AnubisQQ
Vampiress
37 | 4
Tkorpi wrote:I have been thinking the same thing. Awesome suggestion. I rly like for example spear or javazon animation witouth visible weapon. I also dislike how for example breastplate turns out to look on characters.

Have a cookie!

Oh wow, thank you sir!
Glad you like my ideas!
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I like the idea to an extent as well! Dyes would be amazing as mentioned above. I personally would love to be able to hide or show my helmet on characters (bc to me some of the helmets are atrocious).
AnubisQQ
Vampiress
37 | 4
RequiemLux wrote:I honestly don't like the idea, I think dyes are enough if they get implemented... also with all the things that have to be done and the ever diminishing time at hand, even if this is taken in consideration, it would have such low priority over the task list that it would probably never be implemented anyway. Btw my suggestion is to use this thread Suggestions for upcoming patch
I'm sorry if I sound like a party pooper

Damn I just wrote an answer to you but it somehow got deleted. Well, I'm trying to recreate:

I totally get where you are coming from. I played a pretty great amount of Destiny 2 and could omly shake my head, when I saw posts like this on the subreddit. Posts that suggest something very insignificant to the gameplay, while the game itself had so many other problems.

As an ongoing game dev, I just thought to share my idea, just to get it out of my head. I see many games die to the lack of content (especially in the end game). Don't get me wrong, MXL has an AWESOME end game content. I just wanted to share my ideas and I think many plyers would appreciate it.
It would really add something to grind for, even MORE content for the end game, reasons to play etc. I don't really know, what problems MXLS has in terms of gameplay mechanics etc. But I do understand, that that is way more important than some cosmetic changes.

I appreciate your thoughts on my topic though, suited criticism is very important to new ideas, so keep it up!
AnubisQQ
Vampiress
37 | 4
adamo68 wrote:I like the idea to an extent as well! Dyes would be amazing as mentioned above. I personally would love to be able to hide or show my helmet on characters (bc to me some of the helmets are atrocious).

Well, with the addition to transmog your armor, you could just transmog a circlet to your equipped helmet, so that would take care of it.
And yes, I TOTALLY know what you mean by "some of the helmets are atrocious" :D
The full helmet skin is just...ough.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
AnubisQQ wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Damn I just wrote an answer to you but it somehow got deleted. Well, I'm trying to recreate:
I totally get where you are coming from. I played a pretty great amount of Destiny 2 and could omly shake my head, when I saw posts like this on the subreddit. Posts that suggest something very insignificant to the gameplay, while the game itself had so many other problems.
As an ongoing game dev, I just thought to share my idea, just to get it out of my head. I see many games die to the lack of content (especially in the end game). Don't get me wrong, MXL has an AWESOME end game content. I just wanted to share my ideas and I think many plyers would appreciate it.
It would really add something to grind for, even MORE content for the end game, reasons to play etc. I don't really know, what problems MXLS has in terms of gameplay mechanics etc. But I do understand, that that is way more important than some cosmetic changes.
I appreciate your thoughts on my topic though, suited criticism is very important to new ideas, so keep it up!

In theory I agree with you, the more content the better, even more if it could gifts the game with some new mechanics. In practice I don't like it because of 2 reason:
1) I find the mechanics too exotic in the context of D2; and, if any effort had to be put into this, I'd prefer it to be oriented in a different direction like simply adding better sprites.
2) The state MXL gameplay is now and the need to not further overflow the end-game related content right now. MXL is like a race with 3 little stops (lvl. challenge 1&2 and Ennead challenge) that ends up against a wall (ubers) and transforms itself into a climb. What I'd like to have is some improvement that change this in an adventurous quest with a curve more shaped like this: / than this: _|

I like the idea of more different and original looks (f.e. specific auras and equip colors), even if purely cosmetics, but I'd prefer them to be linked to specif items with a conceptual reason behind instead of "open" choice of players' crafting. These are personal opinions and of course are highly disagreeable, but since you asked here are mine.

P.S.
Out of curiosity, what game are you developing?
AnubisQQ
Vampiress
37 | 4
RequiemLux wrote:
AnubisQQ wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:
► Show Spoiler

In theory I agree with you, the more content the better, even more if it could gifts the game with some new mechanics. In practice I don't like it because of 2 reason:
1) I find the mechanics too exotic in the context of D2; and, if any effort had to be put into this, I'd prefer it to be oriented in a different direction like simply adding better sprites.
2) The state MXL gameplay is now and the need to not further overflow the end-game related content right now. MXL is like a race with 3 little stops (lvl. challenge 1&2 and Ennead challenge) that ends up against a wall (ubers) and transforms itself into a climb. What I'd like to have is some improvement that change this in an adventurous quest with a curve more shaped like this: / than this: _|

I like the idea of more different and original looks (f.e. specific auras and equip colors), even if purely cosmetics, but I'd prefer them to be linked to specif items with a conceptual reason behind instead of "open" choice of players' crafting. These are personal opinions and of course are highly disagreeable, but since you asked here are mine.

P.S.
Out of curiosity, what game are you developing?

I kind of disagree with point 1) and bound cosmetics to items, but thats REALLY just personal preference, so no offense! :mrgreen:

Point 2) I totally agree, atm I'm just struggeling to get gear powerful enough to be able to farm gear that is powerful enough to do ubers :cry:

I probably used the wrong word, by ongoing game dev I meant "want to be a game dev in the future". I'm still hitting the university ATM with the set goal to become a game dev. I "developed" a game once as a university project but it was just in 'Scratch', a trash tool for making prototypes. I'm studying 'Media Engineering', which is a mixture of IT (C#, C++, Java, HTML, SQL etc) and Design (mostly graphics).
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Dyes to color gear are already implemented. They're not implemented as is, but the code for it is in and functional. We just gotta make some items for it and figure out how we want to implement them exactly. Just sold from vendors? Some cube recipe? We'll see, it's not really a big topic, we just haven't got to it yet.

Implementing the choice of which item graphic is way harder and will not be implemented. Not only would it make no sense to have your character's head display a bone helm when you're wearing a circlet, but the implementation would be tedious and difficult to code in. I'd rather spend that much development time on features that are worth it for the time invested.

Also the str/dex bug was fixed.