Will we need to make new characters

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
finalhero213
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Good Evening folks. I was curious will we to make new characters with this patch or will our old ones still work. I do understand if u plan on playing the ladder of course you need a new character. But I personally play in single player mode for plugy so I don't have to make mules. I have been wanting to play again but I'd hate to lose all current progress with Sigma. I have been reading up on new features and everything and never saw any mention of it. And with a new lvl cap and drastic changes. I am still hoping to roll into Sigma with my lvl 120's instead of starting at the ground up. Items also changing would question if I can keep current progress.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Generally speaking, when there is a new ladder, all characters get moved to non-ladder. When there have been significant changes made to the game, character wipes can occur. There will be a character wipe when Sigma is released and everyone will be starting fresh.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
With sigma, everything will be corrupted. You wont have plugy either. Because most of the things will be changed, and incompatible with previous versions.
finalhero213
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Appreciate the info. Exactly what I was looking for and expecting. Guess I'll wait for sigma.