Re-center map?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Gausson
Prowler
18 | 1
I don't mind minimap is removed, fine for me.. but the hotkey to re-center the map (after scrolling with arrow keys) seems missing too?
Kostetus
Balrog
139 | 1
Just turn it off and then turn it on again
Gausson
Prowler
18 | 1
Kostetus wrote:Just turn it off and then turn it on again

u mean tab to close and tab again to open again? not work for me...
Gausson
Prowler
18 | 1
Another low-end PC that's not using Glide does not have this problem, and can re-center by tab-tab. So it's Glide's issue?
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I think there's something in settings that decides if the map re-centres or not when you open/close.

If you look through the settings I am sure you will find it, I can't remember the name, sorry.
Gausson
Prowler
18 | 1
Grasshopper wrote:If you look through the settings I am sure you will find it, I can't remember the name, sorry.

Yep you're right, I set it to not using Glide and map still can't re-center...

So I've looked through the setting, and see "preferences.json" in \AppData\Roaming\MedianXL\save

but don't seem to find the relevant entry... However I changed the following line:

"legacy_automapmode": 0,
to
"legacy_automapmode": 1,

that turned the big map to minimap in the corner, but still it didn't re-center upon closing...

Or perhaps are you referring another setting file?
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
My memeory is of it being in the game settings (options?) that can be accessed through the in-game menus. I see that they have changed them in Sigma, so maybe this was removed? Sorry if I have mis-remembered, it has been a long time since i played D2.
Suyeon
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Really sounds like a setting issue on your side. If you can't find the right line in the settings file, back it up, delete and check ingame whether that fixed it.
salkart
Fallen
1 | 0
Is it possible to change the map transparency?
Gausson
Prowler
18 | 1
Suyeon wrote:If you can't find the right line in the settings file, back it up, delete and check ingame whether that fixed it.

It seems not related to "preferences.json" mentioned above... I deleted it as u said, no luck.
Even a complete re-install from scratch, no luck.

I think it's in a setting file elsewhere, but I just couldn't find it... Anyone knows?

salkart wrote:Is it possible to change the map transparency?

I haven't tried it, but I'd try the line (in preferences.jason):

"legacy_automapfade": 1,

change 0 to 1