Good starter class/build?

Discuss Median XL!
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I searched but not fndng any threads on this. Looking for some suggestions on a good character to start with in Sigma.

Prefer caster/ranged but... if it's really good don't mind playing melee.
Bradifer
Fallen
1 | 0
You get a respec from Akara in act 1.

I think you get one per difficulty.

So you don't need a guide until you're completing nightmare, although going into nightmare it might be nice to know what you're doing.
SirJean
Rust Claw
89 | 0
Just pick a class and focus on a few skills and you should be good for your first character Grasshopper, no need to have a specific build to start.

If you want to go ranged : xbow necromancer, bow druid, bow amazon, throwing knives assassin, throwing axes barbarian are straight forward and you can custom them later on.

If you want to go caster : well every class (except barbarian) can go the caster path so it's more about esthetic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Im_a_ninja
Core Lord
384 | 39
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Or just go summon barb like every one else
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Psn (Plague Avatar) Caster Druid
Fire (Elemental) Caster Druid
BloodZon (Magic Missle) Caster
Abyss Sorc
Summon Barb

Plenty of options out there. I run Magic Missiles on stream and have played lots of caster druids over the years so feel free to lmk if you have any questions!
Fak
Thunder Beetle
57 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
demonshalo wrote:Psn (Plague Avatar) Caster Druid
Abyss Sorc
Summon Barb

Plenty of options out there. I run Magic Missiles on stream and have played lots of caster druids over the years so feel free to lmk if you have any questions!

What would you say the capabilities of red vex set on bloodzon for magic missles is?? I completed set, what should skillplan etc look like? Never played one before this! Just got to hell.
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Aeliann wrote:
Abyss Sorc
Summon Barb

What would you say the capabilities of red vex set on bloodzon for magic missles is?? I completed set, what should skillplan etc look like? Never played one before this! Just got to hell.

Set is decent but you dont need it nor is it better than TUs. Set is just there to help beginners not to worry about itemization
TU4 Sceptre
TU4 Setzschild
Red Vex Armor
TU4 Einherjar helm
TU4 Sash
Honorific gloves
TU4 Greaves
3-4 sk amy with magic spell dmg
1 sk rings with magic spell dmg

MO everything with magic spell dmg and gloves/rigs with res so you have enough
Put Perfect Topaz in all gear
max Magic Missles, Bacca, Wild and Free and Paragon. Put Rest of skills as you see fit but make sure to have 1 in spellbind

This setup is enough to kill all bosses up to and including LVL 125. Maybe even higher not sure yet, working on getting that confirmed!

Once you are comfortable with the build and feel skilled, you can switch from paragon + perfect gems to Spirit of Vengeance + jewels. If you have any questions feel free to check out my stream tomorrow and any questions you have as I will be streaming it for 12+ hours.

https://twitch.tv/eksode
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Abyss Sorc
Summon Barb

Thanks for that. Interesting to see Abyss Sorc on the list there. Is that like the old Forked Lightning sorc build with Abyss as a backup for lightning immunes or is Abyss now viable as a main sklill (and worth more than 1 point)?

And if Abyss is the main skill, what's the best secondary skill (for cold immunes)?

Thinking about i, I'm also interested in your Magic Missiles and other builds (I have played Summon Barb and ele druids before but it was a long time ago).
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
The magic missiles build seems weird. It kills well at the max range of the missiles but once enemies get close it doesn't seem to harm them. I parked it at level 8.
Wuhrframen
Imp
5 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I've been running a Totemancer (necro) using the guide from the prior version of Median XL, and it is working fine; 1/2way through Terror now. We'll see if it holds up through Hell, but it appears likely it will. It's an easy class to play and fairly powerful; can do most end-game content in prior versions without respeccing.