Yshari Sanctum: Maze Factor

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.

Yshari Sanctum - Maze

Approach A
52%
Approach B
35%
Whatever
13%

Total votes: 245

Myth0s
Acid Prince
47 | 1
Definitely A. It makes it more unique that way. Plus the rage when you take the wrong way. :D
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Anonymous: wrote:
archon256 wrote:So a newbie will spend a bunch of time running in circles and exploring the entire zone, but veteran players would know that there's a secret room in zone A with boss X in it who you can kill to open a red portal that takes you to zone C quicker, etc.

That info would show up in forums very fast and would kill the purpose of maze type dungeon. People tend to cut corners most of the time. And an option to reach bosses fast kills ladders economy.

I'm not talking about direct shortcuts to the boss, just between different parts of the maze.

Finding how to get to the rooms would still be part of the maze-solving experience, just like how it's still present even though there are maps of the entire uber available.

Edit: I mean small jumps, like this
► Show Spoiler
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
romanN1 wrote:How about B) without enabling teleport and slightly increase the HP of the bosses?

This + a litte tiny bit of maze aspect.
In fact, Marco, if there's a way to completely disable teleport in this uber go for it. Currently it's unintentionally broken in so many places.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
It takes less than 15 minutes to get to the endboss/baal, I would totally prefer several ways to the end and bigger rooms!
Chrysamere
Pit Knight
100 | 0
Well i can't really vote between A-B .
For me what mostly sucked about Yshari is that when you die, it means 10 min route to get back to your corpse
What would be good is:
-Place portal shrines at some points of the map (maybe before bosses), so that you can return easily at these checkpoints
-Place the entrance in the middle of the map, so that you can reach all bosses from that point whenever you start over.

Maybe you could reduce the dmg of some bosses(Dul meph), and make the set items drop not 100%, so that everyone(not only op builds) could farm set parts and these would have some trade value, so that even if you can only farm 2 set parts out of 5, but you can sell still them..
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I would say A under the circumstances that the hallways might be slightly wider in places like the catacombs and the polar worm area.

That corner bug was frustrating a lot where you couldn't just go around the corner, you had to click certain points so your character wouldn't get stuck. Hopefully that made sense.
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
I voted for B. I don't like the maze factor as sometimes there are invisible barriers blocking some of the spots I have to travel through. I know it's just a bug, but it's annoying having to endure this problem. I also don't want teleport to be used in it.
FallenAngel
Stone Warrior
31 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
A. The maze approach is almost perfect as it is today. I see there are a couple of feedbacks about making each area accessible equally... but hey.. isn't a somewhat similar mechanic already present in the void uber? I feel the long maze aspect is what sets yshari apart from other ubers and makes the reward more enjoyable. Also, the gradual difficulty increase from area to area makes it quite attractive for newbies.

The only problem I have today with the uber is that if by mistake u die without making a tp... u basically have to remake the game. To that end, if we can place portal shrines say at the end of each area, it will save people of lot of frustration.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Ubers are about frustration. Also rofl at making the bosses have more life. You 1shot all of them anyway with enough pierce. Make them immune to pierce and twice their damage output would be a start. Also make valthek super aggressive (belial shit) and be a lot faster. You can do the entire quest in like 8 mins as it stands when such a good uber should AT LEAST take 15-20 mins to do. I mean you don't have to take it to triune tier of frustration. But at least make them hard. They are supposed to be ubers anyway. I guess people will try to cheese everything regardless but I don't understand how something like marco and yshari is easier than something like triune.
(Also yes gekko, I will return to median soon, gimme a few)
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I guess people will try to cheese everything regardless but I don't understand how something like marco and yshari is easier than something like triune.

wait who even said that marco and yshari are easier than triune.

The only reason people could ever cheese marco is sacred armor