Yshari Sanctum: Maze Factor

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.

Yshari Sanctum - Maze

Approach A
52%
Approach B
35%
Whatever
13%

Total votes: 245

Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
This uberquest is seeing a rework, as there are a couple of things that could be improved. There are two main approaches, and the main difference between both is whether the maze factor should be kept from the uberquest or changed/simplified. Simply pick the approach you would like to see implemented.

A) Improve the map layout by making some specific areas easier to travel, but keep the maze layout so that a specific path needs to be taken to reach a boss area or move to the next stage. This uber is an unique mechanism in median so it shouldn't be removed, it is OK for it to be painful and long, it feels more rewarding when you complete it.

B) Remove the necessity of taking specific paths by adding more doors and simplify map: reduce the amount of walls so that rooms are bigger and more visible, and enable teleport. The uberquest is annoying to do and takes too long, I don't enjoy the quest and prefer trading for the charm instead.

The jungle area and parts of the initial durance area will be reworked regardless of approach

:)
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Definately an A) option.
Also removing teleport option at all in there.
Also maybe some adjustment to the bugs that explode while spawning awtf amount of mobs.
And IF possible to make only small areas available for tps, like the begining of each new part of maze has a small room where you can cast tp. Other areas, including boss rooms - no tp at all. You die, boss heals, cri me a river.
archon256
Cog
227 | 10
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I think having it stay a maze is fine, but there should be a lot of hidden shortcuts. The area design is perfect for it, and now you have the capability to code it.

So a newbie will spend a bunch of time running in circles and exploring the entire zone, but veteran players would know that there's a secret room in zone A with boss X in it who you can kill to open a red portal that takes you to zone C quicker, etc.

Edit: Also ideally it'd be nice if the uber has a lot of different parts that you need to all do to complete it, but with players having the option to do each section in different gaming sessions instead of having to do it all at once (and the above mentioned shortcuts would help with that). I know it's already a bit like that, but it'd nice if that was further improved.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
archon256 wrote:So a newbie will spend a bunch of time running in circles and exploring the entire zone, but veteran players would know that there's a secret room in zone A with boss X in it who you can kill to open a red portal that takes you to zone C quicker, etc.

That info would show up in forums very fast and would kill the purpose of maze type dungeon. People tend to cut corners most of the time. And an option to reach bosses fast kills ladders economy.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Since the bosses are mostly exploited, it makes more sense reaching them to be harder.
kiki22vu
KOSOVAR
573 | 45
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
A
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Maze layout is awesome and no other uber is like that. U can walk from entrance to final boss in 1 go without having the need of teleport(like dunc) and there r no unkillable mobs (like in khalim), so its just great. i dont remember what u said about making it possible to fade the wall when the char is standing behind it, but if that is implemented then it would make it easier to move around in the maze.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
ahriman_eye
Rust Claw
88 | 5
Feels more rewarding when you complete it? I'll go for A. :hammer:
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
It really depends on whether or not you've slapped together a way to make the wall transclucent for me.
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
How about B) without enabling teleport and slightly increase the HP of the bosses?