[MXLS] Introducing: Uberquest Events

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Marco wrote:.... This is because of the known "TP abuse" which is characteristic of multiplayer...
that's also quite often used in SP also . You can open multiple instances of diablo and play lan "with youreself" and abuse of the same thing with TPs and rejoining game after death .

thumbs up for the coming changes ! :D
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Marco wrote:.... This is because of the known "TP abuse" which is characteristic of multiplayer...
that's also quite often used in SP also . You can open multiple instances of diablo and play lan "with youreself" and abuse of the same thing with TPs and rejoining game after death .

thumbs up for the coming changes ! :D

Don't know why people disregard the LAN feature for D2 and multi logging that can basically create the same effect that MP uber TP's do.
Azik
Invader
8 | 1
I like heroic shield, i don't like purify bosses like witch and uldyssian
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
That looks interesting, huge change.
Are you planning some serious tweaks to boss encounters to compensate for lack of tp, or it will stay mostly the same?
Lot of people don't realize how huge is the impact of tp in multiplayer. People either use someone to hold tp, or just another account, they normally use to keep mule game up. I've even seen people using script, that automatically invites you (just spams invite through ahk) when you rejoin the game, so that 2nd client process can be completely in the background and you dont need to deal with it. You have tp at the boss you are trying to kill, you die, s&e, join game, instantly invited, conform with 1 click, and enter tp. Rinse and repeat. And then SP ppl wonder, how the hell did they beat those hardest bosses. Bruteforcing it is often how it is done.
Another, maybe less impactful aspec is killing some bosses while dying, that happens quite a lot. And one little change, that you can't just get back there to pick up loot, makes world of difference.
kiki22vu
KOSOVAR
573 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
This looks rly interesting.

:thumb:
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Looks like getting my own void charm is no longer a thing with the 1 life rule lol.
I do love the changes tho, specially the summoning aspect.
MUS01
Cog
201 | 3
aerial wrote:That looks interesting, huge change.
Are you planning some serious tweaks to boss encounters to compensate for lack of tp, or it will stay mostly the same?
Lot of people don't realize how huge is the impact of tp in multiplayer. People either use someone to hold tp, or just another account, they normally use to keep mule game up. I've even seen people using script, that automatically invites you (just spams invite through ahk) when you rejoin the game, so that 2nd client process can be completely in the background and you dont need to deal with it. You have tp at the boss you are trying to kill, you die, s&e, join game, instantly invited, conform with 1 click, and enter tp. Rinse and repeat. And then SP ppl wonder, how the hell did they beat those hardest bosses. Bruteforcing it is often how it is done.
Another, maybe less impactful aspec is killing some bosses while dying, that happens quite a lot. And one little change, that you can't just get back there to pick up loot, makes world of difference.

YEAH, WE NEED MORE HARD BOSSES... I mean, all newby and intermediate users defeat Brother Laz with blind eyes in the actual game.

Seriously, without tweaks, lowering the dificulty of many ubers, they can become REALLY IMPOSSIBLE BOSSES. Tp tricks deal a great diferrence. I don't mean that I like this fact... I only say that for many users, (and mainly newbyes to intermediate users) even in the actual conditions defeat some ubers is a dream...

Also, I'm worried about playability of the game: this change will surely lead to instako builds (casters). Why? Simple. Imagine Astrogha: you're a melee, you going to fight, he's nearly 1/10 of his hp... and boom, frozen orb that instakill you. The next time, I would make a caster, cause I don't wish risk the same thing again. This is a sad side from the actual median. We will repeat the process again in SIGMA?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
If hp cap is no longer an issue, you can scale bosses by incresing their health by a lot, instead of using heroic shields. Only thing that should be somehow limited is crushing blow if that's the case.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Seems people cannot read

Marco wrote:- but macro, sigma is going to be too hard! Well, no. The uberquests that adopt this new format will be easened and rebalanced around more tactical fights and less 1HKO spells, allowing players to do them deathless if they have the skills to do so, the core of this feature is definetly not increasing difficulty - it's making the game more balanced and removing exploits.

Also, yes, you won't be able to burst down endgame bosses in <1 sec like you are able to now. But they won't instantly kill you on the first mistake you make in general either or have unfair 1hko abilities that cannot be predicted/dodged.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
suchbalance wrote:Seems people cannot read

Marco wrote:- but macro, sigma is going to be too hard! Well, no. The uberquests that adopt this new format will be easened and rebalanced around more tactical fights and less 1HKO spells, allowing players to do them deathless if they have the skills to do so, the core of this feature is definetly not increasing difficulty - it's making the game more balanced and removing exploits.

Also, yes, you won't be able to burst down endgame bosses in <1 sec like you are able to now. But they won't instantly kill you on the first mistake you make in general either or have unfair 1hko abilities that cannot be predicted/dodged.

For some of a more simple explanation
Meaning less OHKO, nerf (or replacement/removal) of several spells including; deathstrike (Laz)/ astro frozen orb/assur flamestrike/quov in general/bpr cow stampede and many more.