So, as you know, these are the uberquest types in median:
- Dungeons: usually simple quests with some interesting mechanic where you need to kill a boss for a charm.
- Summoning: dark summoning a boss and their followers in a specific area
- Heroics: stages where a heroic boss has a % chance to spawn
- Uberlevels: farming areas which may have bosses that drop charms
In sigma, you can forget about these structures. Here's why:
• Summoning quests allowed creating new uberquests without compromising some existing areas. Since new stages can be implemented with new core, this is no longer necessary. This means summoning quests get their own level now, and dark summoning is removed. Being able to prebuff a place with skills like fortress or wychwind and summoning on top to get instant kill (or corner bug) just didn't feel right.
• Heroic bosses have to be one of the most obnoxious features ever, we can all agree that fighting against heroic shield isn't the most pleasant thing ever. Heroic levels on the other hand serve no purpose (ignoring cow level), thus are being removed entirely and bosses will get their own location, same way summoning ubers are.
So we are left with two types. Dungeon, which are now renamed to simply Uberquests, and Uberlevels. The former are quests where you need to defeat one or more bosses for a charm, and the purpose of uberlevels will stay the same: farming areas. Great, now that we know what uberquests are, let's get right into it!
In an attempt to lower the difficulty gap between multiplayer & single player, as well as softcore & hardcore: Boss Events.
"Boss Events" are a new type of uberquest. They consist of the following:
- Whenever a player dies in a boss event, he cannot re-join it.
- Going back to town is not allowed, you may exit the stage but you can't come back.
- Once a player enters an Event area, it will be locked after 30 seconds.
Make sure to pack everything up before you enter!
- but macro, sigma is going to be too hard! Well, no. The uberquests that adopt this new format will be easened and rebalanced around more tactical fights and less 1HKO spells, allowing players to do them deathless if they have the skills to do so, the core of this feature is definetly not increasing difficulty - it's making the game more balanced and removing exploits.
The ability to die endlessly when uberquesting is one of the biggest culprits in Median endgame. The necessity to introduce harder and harder quests in median hit a wall, it seems some uberquests are not doable in single player (and not even mention hardcore). This is because of the known "TP abuse" which is characteristic of multiplayer: a friend can hold a portal while the player doing the quest can re-join the game over and over. And I assume some responsibility here, some of the hardest quests in ultimative are borderline impossible without dying.
y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan (quote stolen from Laz)
Well fellas, you don't have an option now. Cheesing is now officially a word from the past.