What Change In Sigma Are You Most Excited For?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
WolfieeifloW
Bone Archer
76 | 14
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hey now let's keep it on-topic in here :P !

There has been loads of things people have said that I totally agree with and am excited for all of it.

The higher resolutions built-in are going to be awesome!
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
I m hyped for the monster changes that will be eventually done bcz then i get to make a new bestiary from scratch (well almost) :D
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Nitz wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote: so there's a fair chance that assa will be nerfd appropriately to be fair

I fixed that sentence for you.

She used to be much more powerful with old Maelstrom, old slow concept and old bombsin potential (before bosses hp was increased), Nitz, the Assassin Lover ;)

Edit: nice list, wolfie. I doubt 'no more heroic shield' would stay as #1 most wanted change tho :P
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Stealthmaster wrote: old bombsin potential (before bosses hp was increased)

Make fireball sentry great again! Remove ND nao!
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
From my point of view as part of the development team, I'd go with expanded (and almost limitless) possibilities. MXLU was quite near to reach the point where nothing really new could really be done with the vanilla engine, and for a development team (and the users too actually), it eventually makes it really boring and even kills off the motivation (You don't feel like working on it to just re-implement the same old thing with a 1 changed to 2)

MXLS expanded the possibilities so much. If Marco & everyone involved managed to bring new & interesting content with the vanilla engine, just try and imagine with the new engine. Not to mention the new engine will be under possibly constant updating even after the release. The new engine will also allow us to modernize the realm, where it won't just be a big LAN game anymore (it's the same game, you just play with people). For example we'll be able to create server-wide special events like most modern games have nowadays.

From a player point of view (however, sadly I will likely not have much time to play it), there's quite a few
- Increased resolution
- Various uber reworks
- Lore/storyline improvements
- General visual improvements
- New utility features like hotkey on transmute button, drop filtering, and what not
- Less repetitive content (heroic shields right)
Icoza
Cultist
24 | 0
whist wrote:From my point of view as part of the development team, I'd go with expanded (and almost limitless) possibilities. MXLU was quite near to reach the point where nothing really new could really be done with the vanilla engine, and for a development team (and the users too actually), it eventually makes it really boring and even kills off the motivation (You don't feel like working on it to just re-implement the same old thing with a 1 changed to 2)

MXLS expanded the possibilities so much. If Marco & everyone involved managed to bring new & interesting content with the vanilla engine, just try and imagine with the new engine. Not to mention the new engine will be under possibly constant updating even after the release. The new engine will also allow us to modernize the realm, where it won't just be a big LAN game anymore (it's the same game, you just play with people). For example we'll be able to create server-wide special events like most modern games have nowadays.

From a player point of view (however, sadly I will likely not have much time to play it), there's quite a few
- Increased resolution
- Various uber reworks
- Lore/storyline improvements
- General visual improvements
- New utility features like hotkey on transmute button, drop filtering, and what not
- Less repetitive content (heroic shields right)

Thanks for all of the work Marco, Whist and everyone. I'm interested if there are any other utility features. I know that picking up gold when you walk over it was another one.
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Icoza wrote:Thanks for all of the work Marco, Whist and everyone. I'm interested if there are any other utility features. I know that picking up gold when you walk over it was another one.

Shortcuts to move stuff between inventory / stash / cube and keeping the equipped gear on death are two more confirmed ones if I'm not mistaken.
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
@whist - with all due respect, that looks to me like few more years of hard work.

EDIT: It did not sound very well so let me explain more. I belive all these changes & innovations you talking about are time consuming and my understanding is they will be implemented succesfully one by one. Keep up good work, Cheers.
WolfieeifloW
Bone Archer
76 | 14
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Ah.. Auto gold pickup, delicious!

Updated OP vote counts
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
thunderman wrote:@whist - with all due respect, that looks to me like few more years of hard work.

EDIT: It did not sound very well so let me explain more. I belive all these changes & innovations you talking about are time consuming and my understanding is they will be implemented succesfully one by one. Keep up good work, Cheers.

Actually, everything whist has said in his post is already implemented. Some things surely have rough edges and there will no doubt be some bugs here and there, but that stuff is already in.

Also, IIRC Marco announced that a (private) alpha would definitely be available (to very few and very trusted people) by the end of the year. I wonder if the alpha testing has already begun or Marco will give those few people a Christmas present.

By the way, in topic. I guess there's not a single change I can pinpoint that I'm most excited for. I mean it's not a single feature that will make Sigma what it'll be, it's the whole package; modders ideas included, and those ain't changed, they were simply not feasible.