What Change In Sigma Are You Most Excited For?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
the unique items rework. also all the cleaning up that old d2 engine didnt allow, like dmg and hp cap, sprites overflow, separation of dmg sources, all that convenience.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
no corpse recovery
Sir Legar
Bone Archer
71 | 4
Wulf wrote:sprites overflow

Did whist managed to fix or they found an alternative approach? Whist was asking for a solution on the keep but the topic is gone now.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Sir Legar wrote:
Wulf wrote:sprites overflow

Did whist managed to fix or they found an alternative approach? Whist was asking for a solution on the keep but the topic is gone now.

now that you mention it, im not sure if I saw the fix from whist or from a guy that posted some file to download to fix it.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Wulf wrote:now that you mention it, im not sure if I saw the fix from whist or from a guy that posted some file to download to fix it.

[Release] Lag Fix (Experimental)
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
will sigma have the ability to ctrl click items into inventory like modern arpgs- ie diablo 3, torchight, poe etc... the carpal tunnel is real with actually manually moving each item into the inventory in diablo 2
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
shnurr214 wrote:will sigma have the ability to ctrl click items into inventory like modern arpgs- ie diablo 3, torchight, poe etc... the carpal tunnel is real with actually manually moving each item into the inventory in diablo 2

It's planned but not integrated yet. It will be when I get to replace the click handling in the inventory screen, which is getting close in my task list.
As for the sprite limit, I will not be applying the fix that was posted on these forums since it really wasn't a real fix, it just disabled a ton of stuff like shadows drawing & some lighting related stuff, which greatly reduced the overflows

But making it a little better at the cost of removing all kind of gfx enhancements isn't a good deal to me. MXLS has already improved the performance quite a lot, I can spam brimstone at max FCR and not get any lag from it, but sure it's not perfect yet
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
Will there be the ability to transmute multiple MO's at the same time instead of having to do it one by one?
Princess
Prowler
18 | 0
Anything has been said about summons? In clod i used to only play Necromancer, i love those little skeleton guys. I loved doing a summoner druid too(couldn't get one to hell but god it was fun) but in median it's pretty meh. I remember first character i played was a summoner necromancer, loved the look of Rampagors. At that time there was darklings i think, bugs sprites from starcraft that kept dying all the time.

I then switched to summoner barb and Marco explained me that you can't do a summoner that has spells AND moves,that's why lolsummons stayed on place. I don't know if it's still the case with Sigma, and if the dev have some ideas about how to make summoners interesting

of course on a speedrun mind summoners are bad, but i just love having a lot of summon, i think it is very fun. Median also has Stats for them(+summon damage/health/res) so i don't know, i think the game needs more ''generic'' basic summons(a bit like the skeleton was) that just melee hits(efficiently...looking at you shadows) and some different stuff behind. With binds the shadow(don't know how it will follow in Sigma) it is easy to always have minions close,so they won't respawn. Having some things like the Jhin being useful would be great.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Princess wrote:I then switched to summoner barb and Marco explained me that you can't do a summoner that has spells AND moves,that's why lolsummons stayed on place. I don't know if it's still the case with Sigma, and if the dev have some ideas about how to make summoners interesting

Spirit Walk. Its kinda sorta necro's Bend the Shadows except no squishiness and no mf bonus, and you have to cast it on an enemy rather than a minion of yours. Thats how you move around with summoner barb+minions.