[MXLS] Town Portals & Identification

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Damn, it's such a pain to do any change with such a die-hard conservative community.

You get cain to auto-identify all your items right at like, level 6. Identify was always an obsolete feature. People are complaining because they will not be able to sell unidentified charms anymore (which will result in bad rolls most of the time to the guy who bought it). Now they will have to actually farm good rolls to sell them. And buyers will need to pay the price for it. Can't get all the endgame charms with 50 signets anymore. I see that as an improvement to the economy. ;) Also might help putting an end to everyone running around with top-tier endgame charms 2 weeks after the ladder has started.

Also, yes this is possible to display only the base item type's name when displaying items on ground, and I was kinda planning on this one from the start (since it indeed would result in kinda cluttered display). So the "feel" argument doesn't apply either.

As for town portals, it was always available as a skill. And opening your inventory to click your book when you're in trouble kinda feels unintuitive and disrupts the gameplay immersion a bit.
Akak_
Pit Knight
109 | 0
i vote completely YES!
(have never been accumulating smth in cube.... dont see any fun here tho)
and any piece of a free space is a new cycle to put in (i wish my inventory was bigger ;)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
iwansquall wrote:If cube recipe can do different outcome based on identified or not identified cube ingredient, we can do interesting stuff with it (like chaos recipe in Path of exile)

1. Unidentified set = give 2 signet
2. Unidentified rare full gear set = something interesting here
3. Unidentified SU = even more goodies (since it might be a SSU or SSSU or SSSSU)

how about that?

I think that's irrelevenant if the items become ID'd as soon as they go into your inventory. How would you have an unid'd item then?
whist
Team Member
634 | 557
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
LHawkins1 wrote:I think that's irrelevenant if the items become ID'd as soon as they go into your inventory. How would you have an unid'd item then?

Think this idea was suggested in order to give some use to identify feature (which would then justify keeping it)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
whist wrote:
LHawkins1 wrote:I think that's irrelevenant if the items become ID'd as soon as they go into your inventory. How would you have an unid'd item then?

Think this idea was suggested in order to give some use to identify feature (which would then justify keeping it)

Ah. Yea. I'm not totally thinking straight today. Been sick all weekend and tired. Apologies
databer
Cog
236 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Good idea!
rawr123
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Awesome!

Don't see the big deal, whats the point of keeping unidentify items if you just cain it all? Lol
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
nice change . it will save some time and inventory space .
OgreLord
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
I just like having the books in my inventory. Very sexy aesthetic items. If we can get some other items that look like that (no not the summoning book. its small as an ant) Im all in for the change.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Very nice, bring D2 to this decade.

TP thing doesn't change much for me since I have it always hotkeyed and the fact that on MXL the book can contain 100 scrolls. But that removal of pointless identifying is a big plus.